~~~How will/has the 138 CB cap affect/ed the game?~~~ =~)

n_odie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will open up a fourth room in Bounty Hunter, thats for sure.

Other than that, I don't see how large an effect it can have, seeing as there is no wilderness for pking anymore.

Nargh? I was just about to post that it would be better for pkers to keep combat levels low due to wildy restrictions but then I realized. OMG there is no wildy. :( :?

Summoning should be f2p and p2p, otherwise members' combat level will be hugely inconvenient on f2p when it come to player vs player, especially when the new single pk area is introduced. Members will have "excess" or "useless" combat levels in f2p which is not good for pking.

For example:

Level 70 with no summoning

Level 70 with extra levels from summoning

- the "pure" (no summon) combat level will have the advantage over the member player in f2p since he will have higher str att def hp prayer (all used in f2p).

The rise of new pures ftw?

Pro: Since I can imagine the life runes, if used, can be made with Runecraft, it'd make Runecrafting a bit nicer for those people using it to make money for the first month.
Infinite stock in shops.

I also have 3 santas, so I should make some money before x-mas and maybe sell one to train Summoning with.
You're about 3-4 years too late.

Summoning should be f2p and p2p, otherwise members' combat level will be hugely inconvenient on f2p when it come to player vs player, especially when the new single pk area is introduced. Members will have "excess" or "useless" combat levels in f2p which is not good for pking.

Doesn't anyone read other peoples' posts?

Ooh ooh I know!

A lvl 138 killing a legendary 3-headed level 276 black dragon looks vaguely more realistic than a level 126 doing the same thing. Also we're allowed to be agressive towards him because we're exactly half his level then! :P :D

Also another pro is that I'll get level 100 combat quicker lol :D

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

If it is p2p only they could just make it so it doesn't contribute to combat levels in f2p worlds, as it does seem silly for them to disadvantage members. It would be a strange action for Jagex but definately wouldn't be the weirdest thing they'd have done *cough*past2months*cough*.

Doesn't anyone read other peoples' posts?

No? I mean, I only quoted another person's post on my own post, probably because I didn't read it. Again I quoted another person's post, so again I probably didn't read it. :roll: So your reply makes a lot of sense, good post.

Con~Little level 3 Skillers like myself can't train it without increasing combat! :XD:

You do know that no one is making you stay at level 3 right? It is your choice not to participate in the other aspects of the game.

felter_laur.png

Con~Little level 3 Skillers like myself can't train it without increasing combat! :XD:

You do know that no one is making you stay at level 3 right? It is your choice not to participate in the other aspects of the game.

That's what I was going to say. Why do some people feel a moral obligation to keep a number the same? I never understood skillers...

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Because level 138's can't summon in f2p, I can brag I defeated level 126, eventhougth I really had better stats in sense.

Yeah, and 126 versus 138 in f2p are equal.

But if they let p2p players to summon in f2p worlds, I will never afterwards even think about entering wilderness, Players stocking is fine, but NPCs too? No thanks.

reportbuttanerfb6.gifnewscape450x35fa3.gif

w00t i can get over lvl 100 easy \' \'

con:

lvl 100 wont be so gloryis anymore :cry:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Some free level with tears of guthix. Got to wait 1 week too. No need to waste money on the first day, but maybe get some nice level like 30 just to be ranked.

I don't understand these people that gonna waste a lot of money just to be the first to 99. I was hoping for a non-buyable skill.... seems like it's gonna cost alot =/ And only rich people will have fun with it.

w00t i can get over lvl 100 easy \' \'

con:

lvl 100 wont be so gloryis anymore :cry:

Hello? Since pest control, getting level 100-105 is nothing.

oie_080707215636np9.png

bearing in mind most skills are fairly easy to get to lvl 50. (as a rough example) when does everyone think you will start getting the combats added to your level. i cant see you getting 6 levels added on your way to lvl 50 as that would seem a bit uneven, maybe 1 or 2, then from 50 above, the rest at regular intervals...

sigcopy.png

That's what I was going to say. Why do some people feel a moral obligation to keep a number the same? I never understood skillers...

or, you could be the first skiller with 99 summoning? lvl 15 combat with the best monsters?

to all these people saying 126 f2p vs 138 p2p is equal you are right.

but how many 126 f2ps are out there?

under 5 im sure, and if they got to 126 on f2p, that costs enough money for 99 summoning anyway so they deserve to be equal.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

to all these people saying 126 f2p vs 138 p2p is equal you are right.

but how many 126 f2ps are out there?

under 5 im sure, and if they got to 126 on f2p, that costs enough money for 99 summoning anyway so they deserve to be equal.

I agree with that one lol!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

It IS possible that when you enter a f2p world your combat level will reflect only your f2p combat skills. So if you're 138 in members you'd show up as 126 in f2p...

As for the combat level change, I see no real pros or cons for it. I might have if the wilderness was still intact, but the number makes little difference now. They'll probably just throw the 127+ in the same high level arena in bounty hunter as the one we have now.

I don't see how there will be more beggars with the 138 cap... begging will have already been eliminated by the change in the trade system.