~~~How will/has the 138 CB cap affect/ed the game?~~~ =~)

n_odie

tbh theres not much of a con, i mean it will affect the drag chain economy, since kq will be easier to solo yet again, and same effect on other monsters. thats my opinion but overall i vote good job jagex, something ive never said b4!

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It IS possible that when you enter a f2p world your combat level will reflect only your f2p combat skills. So if you're 138 in members you'd show up as 126 in f2p...

As for the combat level change, I see no real pros or cons for it. I might have if the wilderness was still intact, but the number makes little difference now. They'll probably just throw the 127+ in the same high level arena in bounty hunter as the one we have now.

I don't see how there will be more beggars with the 138 cap... begging will have already been eliminated by the change in the trade system.

you make a strong arguement!

chippypktry2.png

Member of 100+ Korrupted Fury

people i tblowing this out of proportion.unless these monsters hit frequently high and lowers the monsters defence and such then its not going to make hits by the player higher but make the level of the player higher.Sure perhaps you can summon one of those squids but if it takes a good 2-3 seconds for it to happen whilst youre fighting teh kalphite queen then it gives her the chance to land one good hit and have a good shot at another.Its gonna do great things like make thrower trolls and wild dogs tame because of teh increased cap but unless these slayer monsters hit frequently high i dont see these making boss's easier.it seems like its going to be like prayer where it doesnt increase hits but makes it easier.ok i know its going against the point im trying to make because boss monsters would be so difficult without prayer but i wouldnt start throwing out farfetched ideas like boss monsters are going to be a walk in the park.

tifsdac6mc.gif

It IS possible that when you enter a f2p world your combat level will reflect only your f2p combat skills. So if you're 138 in members you'd show up as 126 in f2p...

As for the combat level change, I see no real pros or cons for it. I might have if the wilderness was still intact, but the number makes little difference now. They'll probably just throw the 127+ in the same high level arena in bounty hunter as the one we have now.

I don't see how there will be more beggars with the 138 cap... begging will have already been eliminated by the change in the trade system.

i disagree with that f2p world combat change idea.

if jagex made it like that i would complain, and i never complain to any of the updates, not one of them, i didnt complain to duel arena, pk, merchanting changes, and i was a staker.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

any one thought it could be f2p :roll:

(in the sense some thing is member only like the rest of the skills :wink: )

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

If F2P acutally get summoning update, which means that all those Top F2P have a new goal to go for, lol, as if combat 126 is already hard enough......

Then again, if we do get them, all we can summon is probably spiders, imps, rats or chickens, and maybe stray dogs to follow people if we are really lucky.

a happy Runescaper

THe monsters are going to be just as hard. It's the same as before. STRATAGY!

:D However, DT may be easier for pures. :P :roll:

what is a pure?

[hide]get it? lol, had to be done

however, now pures are more pure in a sense if summoned monsters are not effective things. but ill wait and see, and listen to the complainers and insulters god damn im not looking forward to "summoner noob" and stupid [cabbage] like that [/hide]

Con~Little level 3 Skillers like myself can't train it without increasing combat! :XD:

You do know that no one is making you stay at level 3 right? It is your choice not to participate in the other aspects of the game.

That's what I was going to say. Why do some people feel a moral obligation to keep a number the same? I never understood skillers...

or, you could be the first skiller with 99 summoning? lvl 15 combat with the best monsters?

Good idea~Leo Skilla~first 99 summoing pure skiller FTW! \'

38% of Tip.Iters put stupid made up statistics in their sigs. If you are one of the 62% that don't, put this in your sig.

Although raising the combat level cap wont make too much of a difference in the "new wilderness" it still poses one question however.

Will they raise the cap of the Reverants to match 138 as well?

Seeing as how the current cap for reverants is the same max combat of 126 that players can obtain.

I see this as a very likely change.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Although raising the combat level cap wont make too much of a difference in the "new wilderness" it still poses one question however.

Will they raise the cap of the Reverants to match 138 as well?

Seeing as how the current cap for reverants is the same max combat of 126 that players can obtain.

I see this as a very likely change.

Uh oh...

I can see the rants from f2p players now.

"OMG I got pwned by that lvl 138 revenant dragon!!!"

So that could be one possible con to the updated combat cap. Jagex will inevitably decide that it's not fair for level 138s to be exempt from the dangers of the wilderness (at least the first 12 levels of it) and make revenants for those levels; and knowing Jagex they'll be incredibly powerful and roam f2p worlds as well.

Yeah, I can just see level 138 revenants summoning dragons on us. The level 138's will have the same prayers as the KQ-pray melee then range/mage. Then they'll use the dragonstone special on us, so we'll need a dragonfire shield <.<

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

Here's a list of things that will no longer be agressive at 138 comb coming from 126. I tried not to include things that are already agressive or are always agressive, only ones I'm not sure about is the PC monsters really.

68 - Catablepon

68 - Skeleton (SoS)

68 - Thrower troll

68 - Undead one (No more taking hits when leaving shilo, good for rc?)

67 - Defiler (I don't know if PC mosnters stop agressivness, probably not)

67 - Thrower troll

66 - Pernicious Parrot (Makes getting through karamja maz a tad easier)

66 - Torcher (Same deal as defiler)

65 - Splatter (Same deal as defiler)

64 - Catablepon (Makes Sos easier to go through)

64 - Jungle wolf (Makes legends forest area south of shilo safer)

64 - Poison spider (makes falling of agility obsticles in the dungeon near Yanille less dangerous)

64 - Wolf

64 - Crocodile (This might be a problem for melee slayers, the won't be agressive and won't come out of the river out for you)

63 - Ogre

63 - Shadow hound (This is abig one in my opinion, DT dungeon is going to be insane exp when killing all the skeletons without interruption.)

63 - Skeleton (Tarn's lair)

63- Wild dog (Wow this one is huge, especially for red dragons :D)

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

I don't know how much it will cost, but I'm willing to spend over 30M on getting it to 99.

After I get summoning to 99 I'll be 137 combat, then I just have to get 98 prayer. I'm 90 prayer now. I wonder if dragon bone prices will go back down because summoning is now the easy way to gain combat levels.

I don't know how much it will cost, but I'm willing to spend over 30M on getting it to 99.

After I get summoning to 99 I'll be 137 combat, then I just have to get 98 prayer. I'm 90 prayer now. I wonder if dragon bone prices will go back down because summoning is now the easy way to gain combat levels.

That would be cool!

Good Luck on your goals!

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Don't forget, that with this new skill coming out;

To be "technically" pure (in Jagex and my eyes) is to have;

1 Prayer

1 Summoning

You can have any Attack, Strength, Defence.

Don't forget, that with this new skill coming out;

To be "technically" pure (in Jagex and my eyes) is to have;

1 Prayer

1 Summoning

You can have any Attack, Strength, Defence.

*sigh* So annoying. I am almost 100% sure I won't get summoning if it can't be used in f2p. :roll: I don't want to weaken my char and have a lot of useless combat levels in f2p. :boohoo: