Rares prices.... (27,000+ views)

joker202

Yeah. The more people that freak out and sell their rares, the more the price will fall. Don't freak out!

The prices will go back up eventually...cause everyone know that "what goes down, must come up"....er...wait, that's not right. D'oh! :wall:

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rares are good investments, just not now. I know they are falling badly, and thats because stupid merchanters buys them at lowest price, and need to sell even lower. People should simply stop selling their rares, espicially merchanters should, because they loose huge amounts of cash. Im gonna wait until they seems that nobodys selling in forums, and then stock up on rares, and boom they are suddently double worth than before. Santas was 30m now its 14m, half wines was 64(even 70m) and is now 32m. Im getting huge amounts of cash on stupid new-merchanters trying out other things as coal,iron etc but they loose. I did too once, but i learned of my faults. But the sence is: Don't panic, just wait, Don't sell your rares, they will be more worth at summer.

Remember this is just my opinion

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

My santa has lost 50% of the money I spent on it, but I will hold onto it.

I mean, I don't urgently need the money, a bad investment is a bad investment I guess.

At ^^, how do you know that pumpkins are more rare then santa hats?

Couldn't a player get many pumpkins, but only one santa?

Pumpkins are a destroyable rare, while santas are not so much. When pumpkins came out alot of Pkers ate them because they healed alot. When santas came out, a person got one and didnt typicaly drop them.

Also, when trading, alot of people learned the hard way to trade pumpkins in notes, If you un-note them you can accidently eat them during trading lag in busy worlds. That is why the number so is much less than santas.

That is why they might be taken out of the game faster, but with no statistics, you have NO way of knowing which there are more of.

Even though people ate them, many people kept more then 1 banked.

Without a better argument then 'they get destroyed easier, so there are less', you haven't convinced me.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

I generally go by bank screenies of famous stakers as to how many of certain products are out there.

Time and time again I have seen people with 50+ santas, the same total number of masks but less than 10 pumpkins/disks/half wines. They also tend to have around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý the number of total phats than santas, and cracker or three.

That to me suggests there is a lot more santas in circulation than any other tradeable rare. Also makes sense as it the last tradeable to be dropped, hence more people playing to get them.

I generally go by bank screenies of famous stakers as to how many of certain products are out there.

Time and time again I have seen people with 50+ santas, the same total number of masks but less than 10 pumpkins/disks/half wines. They also tend to have around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâý the number of total phats than santas, and cracker or three.

That to me suggests there is a lot more santas in circulation than any other tradeable rare. Also makes sense as it the last tradeable to be dropped, hence more people playing to get them.

There was a guy who had 500 santa's. Not even a famous merchant or anything. He bought them when they were 100-150k each. Not playing anymore though.

I don't doubt that there are accounts with hundreds of santas/phats out there. I was suggesting that by looking at the stakers hauls, you can get an idea on the ratio of rares being currently transferred, hence get an idea on the ratio of rares being traded - loads of santas, half as many masks, half as many phats, 1/5th disks/pumpkins/disks etc.

This doesn't mean that prices should reflect the ratios of course as wearables will always have more demand than non-wearables.

Well once rares hits rock bottom then the price will increase due to demand and supply. Since "rares" are only oh so many of them, tons of people will try to buy since the rares will be cheap. Thus, causing an increase of of prices. As alcoolj mention.

El_zorro_89.gif

R.I.P Moreno89 01-04

167th to 99 hunter

ArchSupport.png

If the OF and market prices are of any accurate indication, santa's have hit rock bottom. I'm not surprized, the rate of decrease has been slowing down the past few days. 2 days ago they decreased by 3.15%, yesterday they decreased by 2.5%, and today they only decreased by 1.64%.

I predict that santa's will rise or lower by a little bit tomorrow, and then begin their rebound upwards.

Other rares will probably keep lowering for a little while since they're a bit behind the times in relation to santa's. Though if people see santa's rise back up they may think all rares are going back up, which could cause a domino effect.

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist

I believe this is just temporary. It's probably a good moment to buy the rare items and keep them until the price doubles again. :) I think it has something to do with unbalanced trades removal. I imagine plenty of people bought their santa hats together to share them. Since that won't be possible now, they might've decided to sell the hats and split the money.

And as the rares started to get cheaper, many other players probably decided to get rid of theirs seeing they're losing on value and it's good to sell before they are too cheap. That made them even cheaper.

These items are discontinued, so the number of them in game can't go up. This is just a moment when they started to change owners. Once everybody trades them away or buys them for themselves, the whole craze will stop and prices should go back to what they used to be.

That's my opinion.

If the OF and market prices are of any accurate indication, santa's have hit rock bottom. I'm not surprized, the rate of decrease has been slowing down the past few days. 2 days ago they decreased by 3.15%, yesterday they decreased by 2.5%, and today they only decreased by 1.64%.

I predict that santa's will rise or lower by a little bit tomorrow, and then begin their rebound upwards.

Other rares will probably keep lowering for a little while since they're a bit behind the times in relation to santa's. Though if people see santa's rise back up they may think all rares are going back up, which could cause a domino effect.

Oh my god. plz be my financial advisor! You hit it dead on...Today santas are in great demand. Ppl are trying to buy GE top price and its amazing...I bought a green and a blue today(min ge price) and looked at the forums. I usually look at what famous merchants like k magus and homer s 777 are doing and they are collecting rares again. Santas are going up now and the masks should follow. Hopefully. Green is already at 100k above min ge price, so there is some demand. I will wait till next week and these rares should be on the rise again.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

I haven't read through all 11 pages (just page 1 and 11), so forgive me if this has already been said.

I think that rares will eventually go back up a bit, but not reach the old highs. This is because of the availability of money. RWT has been killed, meaning that people aren't able to buy lots of gp. Also since the changes on death (gravestones, etc), there is an increase to the gp lost on death. No one else can pickup the high value items you drop if you don't make it back, so that gp is lost in the game. The GE has caused many skiller profits to drop due to lower prices. There is no PKing anymore. Overall, the player to player mass-transfer of wealth has been eliminated.

All in all, there are more money drains now than there used to be, so players simply don't have the spare millions to put in the rares. Therefore the demand is lower but supply is the same or increasing because of the hysteria and/or expectation of gp needed for Summoning.

Of course, this was a desired side-effect of the changes over the last few months (or entirely intentional), as Jagex never intended the rare market to be there. They may eventually discontinue them after dragging prices low enough so that the final hit is minimal (make everyone in the process take a little hit on the way).

But if they really wanted to do that, they may as well plant fake buyers to pull the rares out of the game. Since they probably haven't been doing that, I'd suggest that they are still quite a way away from discontinuing them.

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

What legitimate honest player really cares about the price of rares?

I've been playing over 2 1/2 years, 121 combat, 1978 total level and how many rares do I own? 0. How many rares do I care about? 0.

Rares are/were bought and sold by merchants that take advantage of other players who aren't familiar with prices or by scammers. I'm glad the price has dropped, maybe this will teach the scammers and merchs to actually play the game instead of taking advantage of those who aren't as familiar with prices as they are.

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

I've been playing over 2 1/2 years, 121 combat, 1978 total level and how many rares do I own? 0. How many rares do I care about? 0.

Rares are/were bought and sold by merchants that take advantage of other players who aren't familiar with prices or by scammers. I'm glad the price has dropped, maybe this will teach the scammers and merchs to actually play the game instead of taking advantage of those who aren't as familiar with prices as they are.

Stereotype much?

I'm a legit honest player... and I care a bit about the price of rares.

There's really no point in arguing with your point, it's all generalizations.

And yes, I do merchant but I have never merchanted or sold rares for profit.

icecube7.jpeg

Stereotype much?

Ok, then explain to me merchanting if it's not buying something at a low price from someone who doesn't know prices well and selling it at a higher price to someone who doesn't know prices well.

It's always fun to argue with merchants because they admit that they take advantage of people yet yell at you when you point it out. LOL

gildogg.png

In a world without fences, who needs GATES?

Stereotype much?

Ok, then explain to me merchanting if it's not buying something at a low price from someone who doesn't know prices well and selling it at a higher price to someone who doesn't know prices well.

It's always fun to argue with merchants because they admit that they take advantage of people yet yell at you when you point it out. LOL

Yes there are some merchants are more dishonest than others, but not all merchants make their profits by making trades with players who don't know the price.

You can easily buy something for a lower price than normal just because someone wants to sell it fast. Then reselling it at normal price to make a profit. I don't see this as taking advantage of anyone.

icecube7.jpeg

Before i can talk about rares i have to explain what is happening to alot of the higher priced ones:

All Party Hats have been Static for at least a week now, there are reasons behind this:

>>>> When Jan 2nd update came into affect Jagex updated the GE prices to what they thought were correct levels.

>>>> Jagex over estimated these prices quite alot - in some cases by as much as 20-30mil gp.

>>>> Unfortunatly with the new GE levels people saw Party Hats as being overpriced so demand for them reduced to 0%.

>>>> The GE system is flawed in the fact is does not allow for demand at 0% - If on a certain day, there are no sales on the GE for a particular item, the GE price levels will remain the same.

>>>> This creates a catch 22 senerio where Party Hats are over priced but cant come down because there are no sales on the GE - There are no sales on the GE because Party Hats are over priced.

ANSWER to Problem: Modify GE system by adding a rule where: If on a certain day there are no sales for a particular item, the following day the prices will automatically fall by the maximum 5% - This could even be increased to a special 10% reduction.

Any thoughts about this?

blackphatk.jpg

Timmy is so good at it that people ask him for help.

He Said Excuse me Hell Slayer can I speak to you for a moment, would you like to join a clan called The White Legion?

Its your items and to have someone steal it, without hesitation, its just wrong.

Absolutely WRONG. As you can see from my stats, I'm a legitimate player who like to train skills.

I've never merchanted and I have a White and Purple Phat, a santa and mask set. I bought them a long time ago when they were worth a lot more. I like to wear them since they look good.

So think before you talk. Rares are bought by all types of players, not just merchants.

aglipoy.png

Before i can talk about rares i have to explain what is happening to alot of the higher priced ones:

All Party Hats have been Static for at least a week now, there are reasons behind this:

>>>> When Jan 2nd update came into affect Jagex updated the GE prices to what they thought were correct levels.

>>>> Jagex over estimated these prices quite alot - in some cases by as much as 20-30mil gp.

>>>> Unfortunatly with the new GE levels people saw Party Hats as being overpriced so demand for them reduced to 0%.

>>>> The GE system is flawed in the fact is does not allow for demand at 0% - If on a certain day, there are no sales on the GE for a particular item, the GE price levels will remain the same.

>>>> This creates a catch 22 senerio where Party Hats are over priced but cant come down because there are no sales on the GE - There are no sales on the GE because Party Hats are over priced.

ANSWER to Problem: Modify GE system by adding a rule where: If on a certain day there are no sales for a particular item, the following day the prices will automatically fall by the maximum 5% - This could even be increased to a special 10% reduction.

Any thoughts about this?

for rares maybe, for some other obscure items the price would be owned.

I think 5% is too much, i also think that none of this is necessary, what needs to happen, is jagex needs to get the prices right. I understand that there are "over 15,000 items" or whatever, but you'd think if theyre going to be extra careful about the prices of any items, it would be the most expensive items, and the most commonly traded items.

Yet they managed to mess up on the important places....yes, i can sell my cabbages at the right lace, but yew longs are way off and rares are way off. Seems jagex's pricing priorities are too.

Call me parinoid if you must. :anxious: But I think that Jagex is implamenting more rares into the game through the GE. I think that they sell some at minimum price and lower the price by 5% each day. Thus by adding more rares they are getting rid of the rare market making it so more people can own one. My thoughts. <.<

91% percent of the people polled said they were liers. The other 9% lied to us.

I've a question:

Why Santa hat are cheaper than Green Mask?

Green masks are being traded less then Santa's. If green masks updated at the same rate as santa's, they would be around 10mil. Santa's overtook greens today though. Not by much, but that'll change tomorrow.

Right now santa's update every day, green masks update every 2 days, blues update every 3-4 days and red masks update every 4-5 days or so. They will likely update more often now as people get used to trading rares in the G.E.

I retract my statement before, santa's are not going up or down by a little bit tomorrow. They'll be going up by alot. Good thing I bought another one a couple days ago. I thought I made a mistake as they went lower, but i'm not sure if I could buy one now for less then what I paid then.

lovinmoriog6.png

Retired Moriquendi Staff

Mori Website

Mori Forums

Mori Memberlist

Main reason there so cheap is becuase before most people would trade Items + cash for rares, now thats near impossible since most items prices are jacked around making person to person trading near impossible. Most people when they accepted Items wanted more value then the rare was worth to offset there being items involved.

Ive quit the game for now, But if I start agian ill be buying up all rares so theres none avalible.

Sirhappy2002.png