Rares prices.... (27,000+ views)

joker202

people are always saying rares are useless. By that logic, diamonds are also useless in rl because they are a just a rock.

actually, diamonds are used with lazer technologies in some way, forgot how. just like bmw's and ferarri's aren't just show cars, they race them for money. and it seems that all things other than rares have a second use except... rares.

but, now, rares are dropping. so, i don't really see how they have much use of a merchanting item now.

useless.

starfox.jpg

Peppy: "Do a barrel roll!"

Fox: "That's your solution for everything..."

Peppy: "Just press Z or R twice!"

Fox: "No, Peppy..."

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people are always saying rares are useless. By that logic, diamonds are also useless in rl because they are a just a rock.

actually, diamonds are used with lazer technologies in some way, forgot how. just like bmw's and ferarri's aren't just show cars, they race them for money. and it seems that all things other than rares have a second use except... rares.

but, now, rares are dropping. so, i don't really see how they have much use of a merchanting item now.

useless.

Anyway, rares are going up again (atleast santas)... seems like most people who need cash already sold theirs to get ready for summoning, altough I doubt you will need lots of cash for it.

Santa's are going up people \'

>_>

icecube7.jpeg

how much were Green Masks and Santa before the prices started falling, never really kept track of rare prices.

Santa was at 23-24m in December 06, but after that it fell for a long time. It rose back to about 22.5m in late 07, and then... dropped and dropped and dropped.

I'll type this for the second damned time... Short version this time, because I dont want to spend another 20 minutes typing for my browser to quit on me.

Santas were about 4mil in Janurary 2006. By mid July they had risen to about 24 mil. Over the next year they dropped back down to about 20 mil. At the end of July 2007 they started rising, and hit a peak of 23mil at the end of August, when the GWD came out. This caused them to drop to 21mil. They started rising again in the middle of September up to about 24mil. They stuck around the 23-24mil zone until November 20 on the mark. That was the Dooms Day for the Duel Arena. Santas (along with all other rares) dropped. Santas dropped to 21mil. But about a 3 days later, they began to recover. Again... They got up to about 23 mil and then the Wilderness removal hits along with drop trade removal and the announcement of unbalanced trade removal. Santas begin to take a huge dive. The day before the removal santas plummet from 17.5 to 14.5. In the next week, santas drop another 2.5mil. Then just 2 days ago, santas rise about 600k. Whoopee.

Anyway, rares are going up again (atleast santas)... seems like most people who need cash already sold theirs to get ready for summoning, altough I doubt you will need lots of cash for it.

Santa's are going up people \'

I think you mean to say santas increased 1mil. 13mil for a santa hat. They havn't been that low since mid 2006.

I would like to see a graph of the current rares market (mid 2006 to current).

Here are 2 graphs made by Duke Freedom in early 2006:

[hide=Previous rares market]

graphofphats.png

graphofsmallrares.png[/hide]

Link the the Times Article if anybody cares.

actually I was looking for the price 2 months ago at the most not 1-2 years ago.

The market for santas and green masks, looks like its stopped dropping, if u go to the forums people are only buying em and not selling. Guess they think 'LOL I'LL SELL WHEN THEY'RE HIGH AGAIN111!!!!ONE!!!!!ELEVEN'

If no ones selling then no one can buy so the price will never go up.

If this is the case then once they're back up to 24m or whatever, then people will sell em all again, cycle repeats a few times till people decide rares aren't worth the trouble.

Anyways I have 13m sitting on the GE right now waiting for someone to sell a santa, and i bet 1000 other people do too.

Then u have people selling their red masks and party hats to try to buy as many cheap rares as possible, hoping they'll be able to buy them back and have a profit in the end, doubt they'll be able to buy the party hats back, I see them skyrocketing in price.

Should I buy a santa hat now?

yes it look like they rising again :wink: :-s

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Since someone deleted my reply, i'll post it again.

That would be me reporting your spam a second time.

Should I buy a santa hat now?
You should wait until they peak and start dropping again; nearly impossible to buy one now.

hmmm... im quite angry rite now... I bout my santa hat over a year ago for 19m and now they are 17.5m. :cry: plus i lost another 1.5m off of a few prayer pots that i had, and a ton of other stuff... grrrr.

I bought my santa in early December 06 for 23.6m, and just a month ago they got up to that price again, I should have sold..

Lost 6.1M and counting.

You won't lose anything till you sell it.

If long term investing isn't your bag, sell now.

If you can hang, keep it, the past several years are good indicators that the prices WILL go back up.

No, you lose money if you buy something and the price goes down. Rares are bobbing up and down in the water because with the irrational trade limits on the GE and face-to-face trading, as well as speculation over Summoning.

Suppose you buy 1k coal for the market price of 165k on the GE, and the next day the market price is 160k, you lose 5k because of the item's potential value, as well because the most you'd be able to sell the 1k coal for is 163k when you're face-to-face trading, (50-QP wise) so you lose 2k at the most, this is the time where you apply the fact that you lose money based on sale.

RIP RU_Insane. August 3rd, 2005 - November 11th, 2012.
RU_Insane.png

My Stats on Old School RuneScape: 

RU_Insane.png
O4zgH.png
Reform Customer Support
Check Out My Threads UNRoA.gif

actually I was looking for the price 2 months ago at the most not 1-2 years ago.

The market for santas and green masks, looks like its stopped dropping, if u go to the forums people are only buying em and not selling. Guess they think 'LOL I'LL SELL WHEN THEY'RE HIGH AGAIN111!!!!ONE!!!!!ELEVEN'

If no ones selling then no one can buy so the price will never go up.

If this is the case then once they're back up to 24m or whatever, then people will sell em all again, cycle repeats a few times till people decide rares aren't worth the trouble.

Anyways I have 13m sitting on the GE right now waiting for someone to sell a santa, and i bet 1000 other people do too.

Then u have people selling their red masks and party hats to try to buy as many cheap rares as possible, hoping they'll be able to buy them back and have a profit in the end, doubt they'll be able to buy the party hats back, I see them skyrocketing in price.

I can see everything but the Partyhats rising. No one is buying them, and the ones that are are buying for a lower price than asked for, which leads to no sale. People then get desperate and sell them if they want the money quickly. Purples did shoot up from the 150M, but I doubt it was from demand.

Even if they were selling easily, people ARE asking for the standard market price. People are also ACCEPTING items (a lot of people note that they don't accept SGS's, what's up with that? Please also note many people ARE NOT ADDING for other Partyhats). This shows that people DO NOT want to hold on to their Partyhat, at least for the moment. I doubt they will drop much more, if at all, but I can't see them rising at the moment.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Well, I bought a santa for 11.8 and it looks like I made a good decision to do so. \'

i will buy that santa face to face. good profit for you. :D

but seriously rares arent dead. There is just too much demand for items like green and santa.

Here is a thought. What if hypothetically jagex put the upper limit (max price)on santas at 100mil? Just for santas. Would the price automatically go to 100mil.

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

I don't think rares will ever die, simply because they will always be rare. As long as there is a very small amount of something that isn't produced anymore, they will be worth a lot of money. The only way rares will ever die is if they are all completely destroyed (either through drops or banned accounts).

pwned.png

It's dolomite, baby!

Dark matter - Each pound of which weighs over ten thousand pounds.

I think with the un balanced trade thing theres a 3000 gp price difference limit and party hats are only worth 1 gp so you can only sell them for 3001gp but i've probably missed something

!*!~If you can read, good for you if you can also write use this as your signature~!*!

I think with the un balanced trade thing theres a 3000 gp price difference limit and party hats are only worth 1 gp so you can only sell them for 3001gp but i've probably missed something
umm u didnt miss something...you missed EVERYTHING. sorry i wouldnt even bother replying to such a noobish comment.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Wouldn't suprise me. Fixed price rates that Jagex chose for all items.... well what was the point in that? and as for rares dropping in price.... pfft when was the last time you went to a mueseum and saw a price tag for a 2 million year old cave axe reading * ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã99.00*

Rares should increase in price as time passes untill there priceless which puts more pride into the game!

zammyman_666.png

zammyman_666.png

Don't get mad... Get EVEN!

It goes by average GE price :XD:

Wouldn't suprise me. Fixed price rates that Jagex chose for all items.... well what was the point in that? and as for rares dropping in price.... pfft when was the last time you went to a mueseum and saw a price tag for a 2 million year old cave axe reading * ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã99.00*

Rares should increase in price as time passes untill there priceless which puts more pride into the game!

Naturally they should rise, but if there's little or no demand, they'll just drop in price.

icecube7.jpeg