What instrument do you play?

denhaag0o0

I've been learning to play classic guitar (acoustic) on my own, but it's getting quite difficult to move on, so I'm considering getting lessons next year.

Borrow a "Guitar For Dummies" from library / buy. It's great for the basics. Nothing wrong with guitar lessons either thought, it surely would be faster and easier way of learning.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't encourage him. Something tells me doesn't really play the clarinet.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

i plai da kazoo nd da violan

Yea, so do I. Minus the violin. Remember, 'hum, don't blow'. BOW CHICKA BOW WOW :D

And grammar up, dude. seriously.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I'm switching from Alto to Tenor Sax in like 10 days :D.

Since 6th grade i wanted to switch from alto to tenor. Never did for some reason...

i play the trumpet :D im reely good...just master duble tongeing with help from my private teacher

Must..resist...urge...to...euphamise....not...resisting...well.... Bow chicka bow wow! \:D/

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Must..resist...urge...to...euphamise....not...resisting...well.... Bow chicka bow wow!

A bow, wah wah wah wah wahhhhhhhhh

OT: I'm switching from BB Tuba to C Tuba next month, can't wait :)

Denhaag0o0.gif

Fire Cape Achieved on 1/4/08 at 7:35 PM (-5:00, EST)

Dragon Drops: 1 Platelegs, 1 Skirt

Barrows Drops: 1 Karil's Skirt, 1 Dharok's Greataxe

Visage Drops: 1

Wait a minute, I jst realized that there's 2 "what instrument do you play" threads. Which is the original? :?

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I play tenor trombone. I'd say I'm alright at it, been playing about 3 years and am at A2/University level. Almost mastered all forms of tonguing and am working on getting the warmest, richest sound I possibly can out of the thing.

I love playing it so much. I'm hoping to do a few recitals this year (means money for me) and get my name out a bit. My teacher encourages me to do so.

Edit: I'm also a trained singer -- Baritone (Heldenbariton, dark and dramatic with a low range..) I fit into this range:

vocalrange.png

I think it's the most beautiful of all voices... :)

GoodSig.png

Piano mainly.

I have a couple vids on youtube actually

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Xat3w8tBGM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RbbyA4YR74c

- Only character in Runescape History maxed out in RSC and RS2

x843.png

This is my guitar. Drool at it all you want.

81h2dmc.jpg

Not a good pic, found it on the internet. I really wish I had a camera.

I'm going to teach myself how to play guitar if I get the time.

You have a guitar, but can't play it...a true facepalm moment.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I play French Horn and Mellophone during our school's marching season. I prefer playing French Horn in a concert setting by far though. I'm thinking of majoring in music performance during college but I don't know if I will. I also want to do premed and since I have a passion for both, I'll probably major in premed and either minor in music or just play as a hobby.

I've had 4 years of experience on guitar with only the internet as my teacher. It didn't work out very well, I only know chords (Well, at least I know quite a few)

And recently, my dad MADE me take piano. Theory exam is sometime next month, wish me luck!

Ultra Unholy,

Hearted Machine...

A few hours ago I commandeered my sister's acoustic guitar and learn-to-play book and started up. Skipped chords, went straight to notes. I can play "hot cross buns" \'

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I just got a badass guitar for my birthday. I don't know the name, but it's a nice guitar. It's a hand-me-down, but in great condition, the paint is still good, and I even got it tuned before I got it! This birthday was the best by far.

I bought a new guitar today and I love it. PRS SE Singlecut in Tobacco Sunburst.

dsc00139ab6.jpg

:D

I loved the way it looked but the way it sounded was great too. I thought I'd record a clip to demonstrate :o

Clicky

I'm playing mainly original stuff there, although I break out into a slipknot riff and improvised hitting wrong notes at one point :oops: .

The solo is supposed to go over the top of the chord progression but I couldn't be bothered redoing it.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I've had 4 years of experience on guitar with only the internet as my teacher. It didn't work out very well, I only know chords (Well, at least I know quite a few)

And recently, my dad MADE me take piano. Theory exam is sometime next month, wish me luck!

Theory is great fun. The only problem is that for contemporary music it's rather hard to apply, and by contemporary I mean like rock, metal, pop, and so forth. Playing guitar also makes messing with chord voicings more difficult than on a piano, and you can't do like 4 part stuff.

Speaking of which I just took my theory midterm and I got 105 on it due to extra credit... xD. We just finished up learning more secondary chords like Neopolitan, Augmented Sixth, Picardy third... good stuff. Non-diatonic used to scare the crap out of me but I think I'm more comfortable with it now.

Oh, and nice axe Ragen. I'm not too big of a fan of the wraparound bridges but it looks quite nice :) Also what amp are you using in that recording?

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"