What instrument do you play?

denhaag0o0

Sorry for the double post, but, even though I know I technically can't do this without the OP's consent, but it spices up the topic. What inspired you to learn to play your chosen instrument? I saw the movie "Drumline" and thought, "cool, I want to play the drums!". But then, at the intrest meeting, I found ut we would have too many percussionists, and chances are I would be permanantly stuck with the xylophone or soemthing. Still wanting to play music, I chose the saxophone.

So, what was your inspiration?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play none :( But i kinda want to learn guitar

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Today might be the last time I play a trumpet. :cry:

I might continue playing random songs on my own (Such as pieces from the Lord of the Rings, those have plenty of trumpets), but otherwise, I'm done.

I started playing because we were given the option of playing an instrument in band in fourth grade. The options were flute, clarinet, trumpet and saxophone. Flutes...Too girly? (Just kidding, my sister plays flute so I wanted something different) Clarinet...I don't know why not. Saxophone...My hands couldn't fit around it. :lol: So that left trumpet. I'm glad I made that choice. I think it was also because my friend chose trumpet too.

As for piano, when I was five I had to follow along to my sister's piano lessons. One day, I decided that I wanted to play too, so I did. Haven't stopped since.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Today might be the last time I play a trumpet. :cry:

I might continue playing random songs on my own (Such as pieces from the Lord of the Rings, those have plenty of trumpets), but otherwise, I'm done.

Ha, i told myself the exact same thing. 2 years later I haven;t even touched it. 'Course, that may just be because alto sax has nothing but harmony crap[bleep]....

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

022.jpg

023.jpg

My kit, 1989 Pearl Export Series

mydrum3.jpg

My Marching Snare Drum. Center snare on my line. Wisconsin state drumline champions.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Drums and percussion. ::'

Currently playing bass drum in marching band.

Nice kit range_this :thumbup: although i prefer Tama or DW.

Xezalb.png

It's good to be back.

I play the bass guitar, and I'm trying to teach myself how to play the keyboard a little. It sounds funny, but I think bass is much easier since I find it impossible to get comfortable with a keyboard.

[hide=My guitar]229611.jpg[/hide]

I have two other guitars but that is the one I play most often. I also have a GL series Legacy electric guitar and my acoustic guitar can be found in my sig.

I've been playing for about two and a half years and I've been told that I'm pretty damn good for where I'm at.

Now if only I could upload those vids of me playing Protest the Hero and Dream Theater sitting in my camera...

2czeqeh.jpg

[hide=]guitar-hero-ii_51.jpg[/hide]

Need I say more? 8-)

No. You don't need to say any more. Here it comes...

Nevermind. It's not even worth finding the best facepalm picutre on the internet for. This will have to suffice. :wall:

As for myself, I am about 4 days in of trying to learn to play guitar(I'll take a pic if wanted). I'm teaching myself, and I'll probably end up skipping learning the chords insanely well and just pick songs.(I still know the major chords though)

I also play that hunk of plastic I quoted but it's sad that he even brought that to this topic.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Drumkit here.

Thinking of buying a Pearl kit from a guy i know, similar to Range_this'. Also got my Iron Cobra Double pedals not too long ago, still getting used to them.

May also need to buy my neighbours some earplugs if i do buy that pearl kit, as i won't be off it. <3:

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I play piano, but haven't touched one in a few years. I'm teaching myself guitar, skipping the chords entirely for a while and just playing. I can also play the ocarina by ear (not too well, but it's not like I play it all the time).

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

Drums,though my set is so damn old sometimes the hi-hat falls apart >.<

Guitar,but I'm plucking the strings,so its considered easier.

And I can play the harmonica.Useful if I ever get put behind bars.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

saxamophoooooooone

:D

Which? Alto? That seems the most common. Anyone ever play a soprano? Those are rather interesting.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

saxamophoooooooone

:D

Which? Alto? That seems the most common. Anyone ever play a soprano? Those are rather interesting.

yep alto. I have played baritone before, that was alot of fun lol :P also soon i'm trying a sopranino, the 12 inch one, I dunno if it's the same as soprana. that will certainly be interesting :) i do classic mainly but im part of a jazz band, so a good mix :) do you play sax?