What instrument do you play?

denhaag0o0

I've played piano for quite a few years, and I'm decent. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the top 5 pianists in my grade. (At my school, that is)

I play trumpet in my school band, but no private lessons.

I used to play Chinese Dulcimer, not really sure why I stopped...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've played piano for quite a few years, and I'm decent. I'm pretty sure I'm one of the top 5 pianists in my grade. (At my school, that is)

What's a Chinese Dulcimer? Or a plain dulcimer for the matter lol.

Denhaag0o0.gif

Fire Cape Achieved on 1/4/08 at 7:35 PM (-5:00, EST)

Dragon Drops: 1 Platelegs, 1 Skirt

Barrows Drops: 1 Karil's Skirt, 1 Dharok's Greataxe

Visage Drops: 1

I bet it's some totally awesome 20-stringed, dragon shaped instrument that doubles as a flamethrower/laser phaser. Or some really lame Chinese bamboo thing.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

[hide]

Ibanez SZ320

2510015107002eb4.jpg

And a Yamaha acoustic... I forget the model.

eg00485wt5.jpg

[/hide]

Kind of like mine - I have an S-series: (S-470, life size pic)

[hide]S470BK-6e336d3c7074d6beb367a4f7bba02a2d.jpg[/hide]

Mine is basically the exact same appearance as in the above pic.

I bet it's some totally awesome 20-stringed, dragon shaped instrument that doubles as a flamethrower/laser phaser. Or some really lame Chinese bamboo thing.

I think a regular dulcimer is some Appalachian stringed instrument. Kind of like a fiddle. Maybe.

A Chinese dulcimer is a big trapezoid shaped instrument that you put on a stand. There are a bunch of strings across it, and you use bamboo stick thingies to hit those strings to play music. Wiki/Google it.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Guitar-Have a teacher who got a degree in music at Julliard

Vocals-Family taught me at a very young age

Drums-Havent been playing for that long but I love it

Bass-Taught myself, isnt really that hard if you play guitar

Keyboard-Dont know how but I have just kindof picked it up listening to my sister play

Baritone-...Dont ask. :wall:

Needless to say I have a very musical family

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Not particularly, it helps to have played an instrument before so you can have a sense of rythym. There are some great books out there to help you start. Its easier than people think (except some of the insane stuff).

i r tink tht a11 ppl shud use g00d gr@m3r since g00d gr@m3r is ftw.

Or some really lame Chinese bamboo thing.

A Chinese dulcimer is a big trapezoid shaped instrument that you put on a stand. There are a bunch of strings across it, and you use bamboo stick thingies to hit those strings to play music. Wiki/Google it.

Oh, oh, who called it? Bouya. :D Not as cool as my first suggestion, though...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

I play a Gibson Gothic Explorer with Zack Wylde EMG pickups through a Velocity 150 Power AMP and Rocktron Distortion unit. Cabinets are 4x12 Mesa Boogie and a Hartke 2x15 Bass Cab.

This is me playing at St. Andrew's Hall in downtown Detroit.

standrewsmesolohp0.jpg

im loving your bassist's axe, I have a 6 string bass myself

lets see Ive played the clarinet (havent touch that thing in years) , then Alto Sax, then Tenor Sax and while in Jazz Band the Bari Sax, and now the Tenor Sax for marching and Keyboard for Jazz Band.

Wish i can play a Contra Bass Saxophone ^ ^ thing is HUGE!

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

i play french horn, guitar, and piano.

i love the french horn, i intend to be a professional player in the Houston Symphony when i get older. i also play piano on the side, and the good ol' electric. nothing like ripping out some ACDC once in awhile.

16574381pm8.png

I've been learning to play classic guitar (acoustic) on my own, but it's getting quite difficult to move on, so I'm considering getting lessons next year.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

• 2 weeks later...
Wish i can play a Contra Bass Saxophone ^ ^ thing is HUGE!

I heard there was only 16 ever made, is that right?

Anyway, I once played a soprano saxophone. Looks like a clarinet lol....does that count?

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Guitar since Sept. '03.

Own a simple Fender Strat :)

I don't run races to see who's the fastest, I run to see who has the most guts. -Pre

thewho2.jpg

Currently the best beat out there:

Minuit jacuzzi (DatA Remix) - TEPR

I play the clarinet but Spongebob and Patrick say that im not very good at it :(

failuredy7.png

You've made 2 posts, and both something like this. My faith in the younger generation has slipped that much further down the mountain.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

I've been learning to play classic guitar (acoustic) on my own, but it's getting quite difficult to move on, so I'm considering getting lessons next year.

Hint: If you like to play pop songs you don;t need to learn the classical ways of playing. I learned how to play from my dad. I did it by ears! I can only strum, but the best thing is that I sing along with my guitar so that my guitar is an extra extension on my voice....

Otherwise picking is a little bit harder in my opinion, anyways good luck with finding out which 6-stringed friend fits you best !

I play violin, guitar, and bass. I started violin 10 years ago, so I'm pretty alright at it. Going to be doing my AMUS next year, once my HSC is out of the way. Also planning on doing part-time violin teaching from next year on.

Guitar, I started maybe 4 years ago. I had lessons for the first 2 and a half. I play a really crappy Squier Strat, the frets are all messed up. I put a nice Seymour Duncan humbucker in, so it sounds alright. I also play a $100 Valencia classical. It's incredibly good quality considering it was so cheap.

Bass, I only started about 2 months ago. I picked up myself a $400 Squier P-bass. It's pretty fun, and the previous experience with guitar makes it a lot easier.

Also wanting to pick up the drums, but I'll leave that for about 2 or 3 years.

Cool.