Why are you so afraid of revenants?

1- They aren't smart. Yes Mr. lv 68 vampire is gonna atk me, a 114 while I'm in high wild. No pker was ever that dumb.

2- Pkers wouldn't bother you while hunting, and depending, some don't bother with green dragon slayers.. rev's always do..

EDIT: 3- rev's have infinate food

I think they can eat 28 times. I killed an Ork.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IImagine having a "wear a dragon chainbody, bob the cat shirt and bronze mace and giggle in front of the greater demons in the ruins of the wilderness" clue.

That's funny... I can't wear both of those at the same time.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Me and a group of friends went out to kill some. We did this in F2P because it's much safer (no teleblocks or poison)

revenants can tb, freeze and poison in f2p, so it's not that safe. I've been personally hit with two out of three, and there's no reason for me to believe the third isn't there.

I wouldn't say I'm exactly afraid of revenants myself; if I were, I wouldn't ever go out into the Wild again, but I am very wary of them, as they do hit high and the normal defences like Prayer and armor are little help.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

I'm not afraid of them. Just wary until I find an effective combination of armour/potions to defend myself from them. I have encountered 2 so far, whilst doing clues, both times they killed me by freezing me, poisoning me and then hitting me with 30+ magic and range blasts. I have 89 defence and 91 hitpoints and they rapidly despatched me to my grave. :lol:

i had sara pot, ranger pot, 3 super restores, blk hides, barrow gloves, range helm, zammy book, rune c'bow with dragon bolts (e), DDp++, full load of sharks and clue junk, ardougne tele switched to lev 52...cut the spider web, walked to right *BAMM!* tele blocked, next hit as I switched on mage protect was ice attack...frozen....somehow I became poisoned shortly after as I was gobbling sharks like skittles and trying to move. Did I mention I forgot a freaking anti poison? as I can finally move I bolt for the web, slice, slice *BAMM* frozen again......$#@%! eat more...oh joy poisons at 8, how delightful......can move again...slice web, it opens, run inside...*BAAMM* teleblock...*BAAM* frozen as I near the switch, and die.

Now I didnt lose anythign of consequence, I regained it all easily.....of course I hope that wasn't the 3rd age item clue I have been awaiting for <3: but It was infuriating at my lev to die so easily. PKers were much easier to avoid or bury....can't avoid a yellow dot :)

the four DDp++ specs, and dragon bolts hit nicely, but to no avail as he just healed as fast as I hit him......wonderful

lord+krohn.png

RS name: lord krohn Combat 138

slayer specific: 103 whips, 38 dark bows and 250+ dragon boots dropped to date.

Dragon drops: 5 Half shields, 21 drag legs, 8 dragon skirts, and 9 drag meds dropped to date.

'Cause they is big and scary ghosties :roll:

But seriously- in my only encounter with one, i was ruthlessly annihilated. Farcasted, when I prayed, far-ranged (word?), poisoned and tb'ed. I had time merely to think "Oh, [cabbage]" before I found myself being stared at by white knights.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

As I have killed one myself (in f2p), my recommendation for slaying these beasts is the best anti-range armor you can get coupled with protect from magic and lots of pray pots/food (as I'm f2p, I had to use the altar in 37 wild continually to stand any chance at all of defeating the Ork. My reward for my hard-fought battle? 655 coins). Use melee or range to attack. High-level range is very effective per my experience.

I got hit for a 31 before teleing while runecrafting through the abyss. They may not be very intelligent, but they sure do pack a punch. Luckily, they don't stick around for long.

thats very equvilent to a rc pker eh?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I got hit a 45 while training on green drags and nearly got raped by 2 knights and 2 icefeinds, and nearly got raped. One knight hit a 27 on me, I tellied to Varrock with a red bar over my head thinking "Oh [bleep], I'm gonna die", but it turns out I had 1 hp left. So, yes, be VERY afraid. :wall:

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

Yes hide behind a rock thats sure to work, oh wait they can mage and range also, have you ever actually fought a reverant? I had one chase me from one side of the hobgoblin mine to the other will it froze me and finished me off..

Im 115 combat 89 def 95 hp and i had protect from mage on.

Yes hide behind a rock thats sure to work, oh wait they can mage and range also, have you ever actually fought a reverant? I had one chase me from one side of the hobgoblin mine to the other will it froze me and finished me off..

Im 115 combat 89 def 95 hp and i had protect from mage on.

They can't attack around trees.

I just got two vampires at the bandit camp while i was making pizzas. I figured, oh well, lets just close the door. They fired off mage attacks and hit me through the door. :ohnoes: Can someone tell me if this was a glitch or if they can hit through the door?

No witty signatures for me :(

Me and a group of friends went out to kill some. We did this in F2P because it's much safer (no teleblocks or poison)

revenants can tb, freeze and poison in f2p, so it's not that safe. I've been personally hit with two out of three, and there's no reason for me to believe the third isn't there.

I wouldn't say I'm exactly afraid of revenants myself; if I were, I wouldn't ever go out into the Wild again, but I am very wary of them, as they do hit high and the normal defences like Prayer and armor are little help.

Nope, they can't teleblock or poison, me and my friends didn't get tbed or poisoned once.

And if a F2p was poisoned, that wouldn't be fair because theres no cure for poison in F2p.

Nope, they can't teleblock or poison, me and my friends didn't get tbed or poisoned once.

And if a F2p was poisoned, that wouldn't be fair because theres no cure for poison in F2p.

Trust me, they can. I've been killing them in f2p.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I haven't had much problems from them, I've had to go into wilderness a few times for clues and I always 3 item it and bring lots of food, and save run energy for whenever I see a revenant. No deaths yet ^_^

Trust me, they can. I've been killing them in f2p.

Well, we went hunting about 2 days after their release, so possibly they changed it.

It still confuses me why they would be foolish enough to put uncureable poison in f2p...

Imagine having a "wear a dragon chainbody, bob the cat shirt and bronze mace and giggle in front of the greater demons in the ruins of the wilderness" clue.

How would one wear a chainbody and a shirt at the same time??? :-k -.- :wall:

I look at the bright side of this: Level 3 clue rewards will soar in price due to further difficulty in solving the clues than before.

Imagine having a "wear a dragon chainbody, bob the cat shirt and bronze mace and giggle in front of the greater demons in the ruins of the wilderness" clue.

But, thanks to the set prices of the GE, you'll still be selling for the old "safe" wilderness prices.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Because they're the only thing that has killed me in over 15 months. ANd not just once, thrice.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.