P2P VS. F2P--- Greediness

Dizzle229

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it has a lot to do with the maturity level of p2pers vs. f2pers. Because you have to pay in p2p, you will usually be more mature, henceforth not taking unneeded money. Also, in f2p, you have a couple times more people playing and much lower levels who want more than they could probably even take.

As I am sure has been said, there is many more methods to make money in members that often have bigger rewards than money making methods in non-members. Also, in non-members the community are often much newer players who are much poorer than their paying counter-parts so need the money more.

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Note: I know that there are several F2p'rs that have played longer then P2p'rs, but he said in lumbridge, which is often filled with new players.

I think that most of the F2p'rs in Lumbridge have not been playing for very long, but when in P2p'rs world often the people you will find have been playing for a bit longer. Most of the P2p'rs probably are used to people lieing about giving things out, so are more reluctant to trade.

F2P Lumbridge isn't the best example. Not only does it hold future members, but it has many beggars and gold digger girls who make accounts to cyber and get free stuff from random people. I can't say where a more appropriate place to test that would be, but it is very bad in Lumbridge.

And I agree that money in F2P can be worth more. We have less quests and skills and such which takes its toll, and many F2P'ers aren't very dedicated in the first place and will take free stuff any day.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

You seriously expected to say you were giving free cash and nobody would want it? Its not as if they lose anything by trading once. who knows? maybe you're a rich guy who wants to give away cash. trading once doesn't make you greedy.

And remember, there are a heck of a lot more free players then members. on top of that, money is hard to come by in f2p unless you're a high level (you should see the number of people running to a small pile of coins on the ground after someone kills a guard and leaves the coins). You think the same amount is gonna want cash in members and f2p? F2p has more poor people then members have people.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

okay..... half f2p people are little young kids who came across this game on miniclip, or some other website. The other half are the ones, who found it and know how to play it, make money and get stuff. I currently have 60 wdct, and 6k oaks (don't look at the sig). I F2P, yet i still make money. But i've learned not to go for things like that. But try this. Go to varrock on a newbie account and ask for $$$. I once did that with a friend for funny results...

But 1/2 of f2p are ppl who don't know how to make $$$. The other have know how to and don't beg ppl for free $$$.

Well you obviously missed the fact, that most p2p'ers have played longer, are higher levelled in combat AND skills, and generally can provide for themselves better.

Your test is definitely not going in-depth. Try for example going to the mining guild and sayin the same, f2p miners and p2p miners don't give a hoot in general, as they are busy mining.. If you did it in a bank or in varrock square, ur pretty much asking for it. :roll:

It is not that f2ps are more greedy, it is that the p2ps know your offer is either a lie, or some junky items/money they have no use for. Put simply, they wouldn't bother.

P2ps and f2ps are basically the same people, except p2ps pay for the game, and are generally more experienced in the game. But really, it's the same people.

2480+ total

More people in F2P traded than P2P because they are low leveled and they can't find quality ways to make good money with their lower-leveled skills. It has nothing to do with greediness or immiturity.

The problem with this is "experiment" is that there are too many variables, seeing as you simply logged onto free worlds and member worlds in different locations, which leads to a possible difference in time, juxtaposed the two, and drew results. It would be hard to conduct such a proper experiment, seeing the extremely wide variance of players and the worlds they choose to be in. The only thing that I really drew from this this was that the f2p-p2p "greediness" flame war is still burning strong.

While it is true that lots of low leveled free players are perceived as greedy, it is not indicative of other free players' conduct. As an aforementioned poster stated, wanting free items that someone offers is not truly greed, which brings up the question of what truly is greed.

Kiss my axe.

Note that you were in F2P Lumbridge. This is a haven for new players who don't know what to do. So, who do you think is more desperate? The member who's been playing for years? Or the ten-minute-old F2Per?

Even if that's not enough, keep in mind that this is one test. Do scientists try to hit Dolly the sheep with a chair and say "Ah, didn't clone her. Tough"? Nope.

[English translation needed]

This makes me sad.

As many other people said, F2P is where players start off.

And yeah, lumby is the place where most new players go >.>

I'm sure everyone would love a bit of free money.

Did you keep count of how many people were in the area you shouted free money to?

Because there could have been 8 people in P2P where you traded, and 50 people in F2P :\

I think everyone's a bit greedy irl so they tend to be greedy on rs too :l

EDIT: I like the example with the Dolly + scientists. xD

wongtongxg4.gif

F2P | 59/70 smith | 13/15 skills 70+ | 70 smith banked.

loinclothec5.gif

I say that F2P have very few ways of making decent money and there is a lot of them around so that generally turns into a very poor F2P community which is desperate to have any money to advance in the game. In addition many F2P are immature considering their ages(9-12), especially when summer break comes in, so for the most part you really cant blame them, everyone is greedy for money never the less who they are. There are plenty of examples in our society supporting this, but in general, "new" F2Pers' really just want as much money as they can get for as little work as possible.

whatcolor_isblack.jpg

Bring it on!

Member.png

thats because most f2pers are low levels and players who have just started the game. All of them will be egar for money, but the p2pers are more of the high levels who are looking for the advantages they can buy with there money in this game.

sig2-1.jpg

Kiss me, i'm part Irish!

All your points are correct, but the reason I say f2p is greedier is for another eason. Sure, who doesn'tr want free money? I would do it for 500 GP. The selfish thing is that more f2p's tried to get more than members.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

tell me this, how many of the people that trade you were +60 in their lvl? f2p is were most of the noobs are. they dont really care about their account beacuse if it gets muted of banned, they will just make another 1. but if they were to become a member, they would be more careful of what they say and do because they payed some of their money into the game.

At least, thats just my opinion O:)

mostorganized2.jpg

4cbc39f2_e406_2d21.gif

tell me this, how many of the people that trade you were +60 in their lvl? f2p is were most of the noobs are. they dont really care about their account beacuse if it gets muted of banned, they will just make another 1. but if they were to become a member, they would be more careful of what they say and do because they payed some of their money into the game.

At least, thats just my opinion O:)

That is everybodies opinion!

Fortunately, it's a good opinion ::'

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Numbers is a factor, F2P has many more members than P2P.

Also, experience is a factor as well.

I am not sure if this is true, but I am guessing most players try Runescape (F2P) before they go P2P. How long this may be I have no idea, but players all in all have more experience and know their way around better if they are P2P because of this "trial" period.

Click here to help me level!

108486.gif

Thanks for the help!

You were in F2P Lumbridge. There are tons of new players there who would kill to have 10k! Why, when i was playing for about a month maybe, I would save up for weeks, and get about 10k from it. After I had reached that point that almost every player reaches where they begin to make considerable amounts of money, I thought i was rich! My first 50k was incredible to me! I had never seen so much!

10k is so much to new players, which F2P is full of, that's why you found more people wanting your stuff. If you changed the amount to.. 100k for P2P, I bet you'd get the same amount ofpeople as you did in F2P (although the max trade limit is 30k now...)

Point is, people desire certain amounts of money more or less depending on how long they've played. Now, I will agree that there are some pretty all together greedy people in F2P, but still.....

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....