More rare then a Christmas Cracker in Runescape now.

eatrunearrow

Danger. Enough said?

Let's all just sit down and hug each other, I bet I can get to level 99 hugging first!! <3: Yay!

Oh and while we are at it, lets all play barbie horse adventure once we get to level 99!!!! YAy.

Bitter pker?

HI!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Danger. Enough said?

Let's all just sit down and hug each other, I bet I can get to level 99 hugging first!! <3: Yay!

Oh and while we are at it, lets all play barbie horse adventure once we get to level 99!!!! YAy.

Bitter pker?

After reading a post by you on another thread, I would say you're more bitter than he is.

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...

This is the truth!

This is my belief!

...at least for now.

"The Mystery of Life"

Vol. 841, Ch. 26

• 4 months later...
Im 115 combat there was little enough danger for me before the update, now its about as thrilling as playing neopets.

Rofl.

Anyway, I dont like danger. Thus, I support the update

agreed i don't like danger. unless it's bh

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

...I completely disagree. Even with gravestones, the risk of dying is still very large. Gravestones don't completely take away the danger. Oftentimes the gravestone is placed in a dangerous area, and it's not uncommon for people dying while trying to reach their own gravestone. Also, the wild is not gone. The revenants are deceptively powerful, and many can easily kill a level 126, or 138, if the person is not equipped to fight them.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

...I completely disagree. Even with gravestones, the risk of dying is still very large. Gravestones don't completely take away the danger. Oftentimes the gravestone is placed in a dangerous area, and it's not uncommon for people dying while trying to reach their own gravestone. Also, the wild is not gone. The revenants are deceptively powerful, and many can easily kill a level 126, or 138, if the person is not equipped to fight them.
can kill if not equiped to fight, ey?

revs cant walk around a tree or wall. ive encountered rev dragons while doing clues, survived, with no armour and 1 sara brew. hide behind something and wait, then log out. easy

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

ur first post is a bit weird but annyways how can u hate that scamming is out of rs?

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

theres a couple things you could do:

1. find a different game to play since you obviously hate this one so much.

or

2.make a new acc?

Maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

maxx97.png

Volleyball... THE BEST SPORT EVER!!!

visage drop:22/06/08

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

barrows drops: none!

dragon drops: skirt x3, med x1.

Well, I have read the responses ( by the way thanks for the responses guys) and the main comeback against me has been that places like GW and DK are dangerous. I WILL agree they are obviously scary, BUT in no way shape or form are you ever REQUIRED to go there. By the way, the economy is also crashing because of the updates. Nobody dies and loses items=no demand for items. Herblorists are out of buisiness as nobody wants to buy pots nowdays... just one example... same goes for food.

Really? Then whats this I see with rising food and potion prices recently?

Also, you're in NO WAY REQUIRED to go pk, or do anything else dangerous before these updates, therefore by your logic, it was always dangerless.

No danger in rs does = neopets LOL to the guy who said that... it's just lame... we aren't 4 Jagex, stop treating us like it. By the way Jagex did state that in no way would the small "MINORITY" of people that bought gold EVER hurt our gaming experience. Guess what? They obviously lied.

Also, when did they state that there is no way that the minority of people that bought gold would ever hurt our gaming experience. I saw in the development diaries that with all all the stolen credit cards (to make bots) and mass gold that they're selling, was going to force Jagex to perhaps shut down RS, but other than that...no damage at all.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

No danger in RuneScape anymore? Lol!

-Bounty Hunter: Piled and killed by a massive team in seconds.

-God Wars Dungeon: Well, I've never been there but go fight a boss!

-Kalphite Queen: Self-explanatory.

-Revenants: Look at all the rants about them being overpowered, they can kill you before they show up on the mini-map.

-Dagannoths: Self-explanatory.

-King Black Dragon: Good luck getting there in the first place, then try and kill it.

-All the different dragons: Some are in the wilderness, some soak up insane amounts of food, potions and prayer.

-Giant Mole:If you know what you're doing, it's no problem, but you gotta know where it pops up!

That's just a short list of the dangerous activities in RuneScape. I'm sure others can think of many more.

Oh, and about your comment on scamming.

You actually want scamming to return? And only for the "danger"?

:lol:

Not one of those things is dangerous to me.

Grats ---> Now try to maximise profit by cutting down on pots / food / gear ---> now go back to the easy way.

If you die at the waterfall fire giants, there is no chance you can save your things. You lose the ammy, making a trip back in 5 minutes impossible.

Because it's completely impossible to have more than one amulet.

and

Let's all just sit down and hug each other, I bet I can get to level 99 hugging first!!

I've seen another thread of yours, You sir, are a timewaster. I think you actually enjoy complaining about JAGeX's IMPROVEMENTS to the game than the actual "Danger" you had before it.

The fact that you said you missed scamming, or words to that effect, makes your opinion of anything runescape invalid...

By your logic, Danger --> Fun and also Danger --> Scamming... Hmmm... =D>

this-is-why-im-hot-super-mario-bros-fire-flower-funny-video-game-t-shirt-snorgtees.gif

GT: JRD is AvT

YT: hatethegamer

Youtube has nothing on it atm, but getting HD PVR within a month, so watch this space.

No danger in RuneScape anymore? Lol!

-Bounty Hunter: Piled and killed by a massive team in seconds.

Not dangerous at all if you don't have a penalty

Never been, but if people can solo some of the bosses more than once per trip, and kill the boss around 70 times in a 3 man trip, it can't be overly difficult or dangerous. Also, with gravestones, you can just return and get your whole loot pile

-Kalphite Queen: Self-explanatory.
The KQ is taken down by two people of mediocre level, in veracs. While she is dangerous, with gravestones, the danger vanishes

-Revenants: Look at all the rants about them being overpowered, they can kill you before they show up on the mini-map.
The people ranting go into the wilderness with no armour and 3 lobsters and expect to survive... I'm F2P and have minimal difficulty in avoiding revenant KNIGHTS. Also, the greater demons in level 50 wilderness used to be deserted due to the high chance of dying. Now its not uncommon to see people there training ranged.

-Dagannoths: Self-explanatory.
Never been, but with the right prayer, it is impossible to get KOd. Also, gravestones

-King Black Dragon: Good luck getting there in the first place, then try and kill it.
What's so hard about getting there? The KBD used to be powerful back in its day, but now with the overpowered weapons that members have, its a joke. May I remind you about GRAVESTONES?

-All the different dragons: Some are in the wilderness, some soak up insane amounts of food, potions and prayer.
You are joking right? All of the leather dragons can be safespotted with NO food consumed, and meleed with minimal effort. Bronze to Steel Dragons can be killed without taking ANY damage. I can't say much about mith dragons as I've never been, but in the even of death, they are right next to a teleport, so reaching your gravestone won't be very hard

-Giant Mole:If you know what you're doing, it's no problem, but you gotta know where it pops up!
What a JOKE! It may be challenging for a solo level 70 in granite plate and dragon longsword, but not for anyone else. The mole uses only ONE style of attack, melee (so can be safespotted or prayed against). This attack is HIGHLY inaccurate and so you're OK. About knowing where it pops up - how does this make it dangerous? Its just a bit of running about...

Yes, Runescape is ONE HELLUVA LOT less dangerous now

The_Maddest.png

If its that boring for you just dont play. I seriously dont see why u have to mess up other peoples fun as well. And unless urself were a scammer, lurer, etc, i dont see and point in being angry about the new scam-free update.

Go piss off Prime, Supreme, and Rex while solo. Theres your danger.
I died there today, walked back and got my stuff back, Oh the danger!!of course you did

And i killed about 40 revenant knights today also, so dont try tell me those are dangerous :lol:

you realise thats like nearly impossible right?

2Xeo5.png

i don't understand how some people think...who the hell in this world will actually LIKE to be in the midst of constant danger...if you like that why not go into the amazon jungle with some wild animals following you or go to a battlefield with bombs exploding around you? or maybe you will like to walk through certain cities in India in the middle of the night where gangs have been known to steal your organs after knocking you out?

yea you may say that "oh its just a game"...but that phrase has been rebutted many times already in the argument about pixel huggers and how things in runescape are not just the mere pixels they seem...i don't want to be constantly on the look out for noobie scammers or be at a disadvantage against people who RWT.

well theres still danger in runescape...could always try going against a clan with more than 10 ancient mages in BH or soloing the gwd bosses...if you find soloing the gwd easy then try SOLOing prime, supreme and rex at the same time kay....if not look at some of the bugs which resulted in people going to the fight pits and losing their items =P or getting connection error in BH when the first time quickchat came out =P

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Honestly, most of the danger in runescape is about gone....

-Wild

-Scamming ( with unbalanced trades) , yes that is good but seriously if you have ever been scammed, you deserve it for being that stupid. I've never fell for a scam.

-Luring, ^ same as above , just don't be stupid.

-gravestones??? LOL

-Home tele, always a free escape route

-world map..

Where is the risk? The only risk you can have in runescape nowdays is walking into bounty hunter with a lot of valuable items and a team of mindless 1 itemers gang bangs you.

What has happened to common sense??? USE IT PEOPLE

wild- i never really used this part of the map for pvp but all you have to do is adapt to the changes in your enviroment.

- you could say that this is worse because revs kill everyone where any good pker would pick and choose targets based of what they were doing. eg. pking them selves or doing a tt

scamming- maybe the reason you wish that it was still here and that you never fell for them was because you were part of the problem.

luring- see above

gravestones- in order for JaGeX to get rid of RWTs they need to make it so you cannot transfer wealth another way and there is still danger in loosing your items

homeport tele- most people carry a one click tele in dangerous places and becides it takes 8 seconds to cast

world map- useful

there is still risk in this game you just may be too ignorant to see it.

billybobj282.gif

Not dangerous at all if you don't have a penalty

Never been, but if people can solo some of the bosses more than once per trip, and kill the boss around 70 times in a 3 man trip, it can't be overly difficult or dangerous. Also, with gravestones, you can just return and get your whole loot pileYes, Runescape is ONE HELLUVA LOT less dangerous now

The people who can kill the gwd bosses 70+ times per trip are not low levels like you are incinuating. and its just plain stupid to say that there is no longer danger now that grave stones came out because you still have to get back there and hope that you buddies helped you out and blessed them. so really it is more dangerous now because instead of having to put your trust in a computer which cannot make war aginst you, you now have to place more trust in people you may not even know or have met before setting out on the run.

billybobj282.gif

its just plain stupid to say that there is no longer danger now that grave stones came out because you still have to get back there and hope that you buddies helped you out and blessed them.

You get a message in your chatbox if someone blesses/repairs your grave.

You want danger? Go melee Zilyana with the prayer of your choice. Now that's danger.

Need a new signature....perhaps...

Okay! Lets hug, ill race you to lvl 99. :D

If you dont like it, BEGONE. \:D/

Yeah, - what he said, don't like it? either leave or get over it :roll:

s1r_eatalot.png

old acc bk <3

The old type of danger was a bad thing. In this game, you could lose lots of time and effort to something completely random, like lag, a bad string of hits, picking up the phone, etc.

The game is a mix of lulling you into bordem while you struggle to pay attention. You'll get bored of doing barrows, then the next thing you know your dead while picking up the phone/server lags. Whats good for everyone is good for you, even if you think the updates were only for stupid people, you too, one day, will die to lag, not paying attention, etc. And it's not fun to randomly lose tons of time/effort to something out of your control.

A new MMO came out, called AoC. It was SUPPOSED to be a FFA type PvP game. You lose XP on death. Within a week of launch new players were being camped at the graveyards by clans. They handed out bans for it, and had to give more structure to the level of "danger" the game had. Simply because FFA PvP doesn't work. I know you want something crazy and exciting. But the fact is, it doesn't work.

I know you want a fair and balanced way to experience "danger". What happens in reality, is that luring, scamming, and different sorts of abuse become rampant. As time goes on, a higher and higher percentage of people participating in those actives are scammers, lureres, abuers, etc. Because the honest players are forced out one devastating loss at a time.

That's where the game was headed. At MB, it was one big tagging fest, the clans were getting bigger and bigger, to the point that it wasn't fun. 40 man MB teams, and of course, you had a 1/40 chance to see some action. If you pk'ed with anything less, you got tag banged. I quit MB'ing around 2006. It was 97% starring at the log in screen, 2% "That player is in combat rite now" and 1% PKing.

tipitsig.png