Reading...

NorthernHero

I was just wondering. How do you guys read topics? Do you for example read the first page and last page of a 5 pages long topic or do you always read all pages before posting?

Also, do you leave some posts and choose not to read them because it's a post by a user which posts have not appealed to you before? Or maybe u can't bother because of bad grammar or dull looking avatar or something?

Pretty pointless information I know :lol: but I just got intrested after randomly skipping a post in topic because it looked so hard to read and the user didin't look appealing either.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

I tend to skip very, very long posts unless they are quoted further down the line and responded to, in which case I will take a quick look at it. Also, if a thread is more than 8 pages long, i'll read the first and last 2 pages before responding.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

(At least in OT) I usually follow most thread that interest me from the very beginning, and so I read all posts. Otherwise, I only read the first 5~ posts and the last 2 pages. I usually skip-read the longest posts (thinking of warrior during some debates here), unless I'm actively debating, in which case I try to read every post about it. I normally don't skip any specific person's posts, even if they have awful grammar or spelling, they can have good points, or at least I'll get a small laugh about their spam.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I'll read every single post unless its over 30 pages in length. I often dont read entirely some peoples post if they're really long. ( seems to happen most in OT.) Ill just skim over ones like that and try to read the most important parts. UNLESS I'm going to be arguing with them, then I read the entire thing. Again, thinking of warrior.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

If it's a really long thread, I typically read the first page (to understand the main points), then the last couple of posts before I post myself. I find that most of the useful information and meaningful replies tend to be exhausted beyond the first page... the rest is typically repetition in one form or another.

I am most definately put off by bad grammar i.e. a giant body of text with no paragraphs, then I'll ignore it.

Similarily, anything posted in "L337" speak is also ignored

Harrington.gif

I skim through all the posts, and post my own opinion. Of course if I'm quoting someone, I just stop where I quoted. I started doing this after I realized those "What if..." threads are pure garbage.

I almost always try to read everything, unless it's blatantly obvious that the remainder isn't going to contribute to the topic at all. For some topics that don't really suck me in, I'll read the first post and post my thoughts on that, but I'll always read the topic review below the reply window before replying in case there's something important in there that everyone's talking about that I missed.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Depends.

If its uber short, and it is not very relevant to my interests, I read it, then stay away and wont post anything till something interesting comes up.

If it is short and I like it, I will post and keep posting.

Now there are times when I go away for a day or two and come back to find 5 page long threads. I'm like "I really don't feel like reading this" so I read the first post and if it is relevant to my interests I Pucker up the courage and read the whole thing.

If it isn't relevant to my interests, I say "NO U" to the thread and leave it.

Very rare occasion, but if I do the last option and the thread is growing quickly, Ill look at the last posts and decide to post depending on that.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

I usually find a topic that I catch in the corner of my eye (even though eyes are round), and if it seems interesting, I'll read it. I usually skim through the long posts unless I'm forced to read it or I find it very interesting. Then I'll usually post a reply that has something to do with the topic, then I'll say something extremely random.

Bacon.

Well, if it's something that interests me, or that I'm going too be replying in-depth to, I'll read the whole thing so I don't make an [wagon] out of myself.

But, if it's just a single question thread, or boring, I'll usually read the first and last pages.

I also ignore anything that makes my eyes bleed. Less hospital trips, that way.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I just press my forehead against the screen and absorb data. Reading is for noobs.

ROFL..... :XD: :XD:

Um pretty much click on it if the topic heading sounds interesting, click on it, and quickly skim read the information in it. If it sounds interesting, go back to the beginning and read the whole thing. Then I read a couple of the replies and spell check before I post. Then usually edit it about 5 times before I'm happy with it.... :wall:

When I'm looking through the posts, unfortunately I am bias. I usually have a couple of favourite posters who I like to read their replies on a regular basis and am more likely to read theirs over other peoples.

I also start reading from the bottom of the page, so first top 5 posters; usually miss out unless they've landed in my bias list.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I don't read posts.

I try to space everything out.

So it won't get boring.

And not too long.

Everyone post like this!

I generally read the first page or two of posts. To get the general feeling of the topic. Then post my reply.

Sometimes when I've just posted, I'll read the few above mine to see if the flow of the thread is still good.

Not a big fan of following huge threads however :(

~Hawt

227161.png

My hawt blawggeh

Don't worry guys I freak out when I see a girl too. One time I went outside and there was a girl so I quickly ran inside because I was so excited!

I usually read topics that I can respond to...Ones like the cricket one, I ignore. I also like reading locked topics...And I skip religious ones.

If the topic is less than 5 pages, I'll probably end up reading the whole thing.

If it is more than 5 pages, I'll read the first page, maybe the second, the last, and maybe the second to last. And if I have spare time, I'll probably read more.

If the first post is really long, I tend to just skip to the end of the thread and see if I figured out what's going on.

I only respond if I feel like I can contribute, or if it's a debate, and I find that I can counter someone's post pretty well, then I'd reply. But in the end, I still read a lot more than I post.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I have threads that I pay attention to (for example the real life pictures one), if I come back and see that it has gotten longer, I always go back where I stopped reading, and read all new replies.

Otherwise I tend to take a look at all the new topics in OT, and if the thread poster's post seems interesting, I go through them.

I usually read all (or close to it anyway) posts, except for the ridiculously long ones.

Oh, and I always read all the replies in locked topics. <3:

rickastleywh7.png

I usually read the whole topic unless there's only one real response to it, which everyone keeps repeating.

I don't post very much in comparison to some. I read mostly everything on the boards I go to, but don't post. My post count is pretty low in comparison to how long I've been here.

That's because if I read a topic, but then what I think is stated by others, I feel no need to post. Or I do, and it's a meaningless post.

Or give too much info. Like this post. ;P

thesip2.jpg

It really has

In big threads i read the first and last few pages, then post if I like, in small threads i read everything, then post.

In simple threads I post, then read, then edit my post to add and respond to quotes.

If a user has posted stupid things before I value his/her opinion much less, if a user posts something stupid, I read for the amusement, then either ignore or make a post just to make fun of them.

If the answer is obvious and a lot of people are stupid enough to post what has already been posted, or be idiotic enough to admit it by saying: "like everybody else has said already...", I get depressed.

that sums up my posting style :P