Your Greatest Fears

Cyco_Reborn

Sometimes my mind starts to drift towards what happens when I die, what's the point of life, is life the point of something?

Then I get this really really horrible feeling, and I have to go be around people (I'm a natural extrovert) to make it go away. If I don't think about it I'm fine.

It's especially bad at night... A few years ago I used to think about it almost every night, but now it is usually less then 2 times a month, which is good...

It's bad at night because if there is nobody else awake, I can't talk to anybody.. I get a panic attack sort of, and I have to go hide under my covers with my eyes closed really tight. (I don't know why, it just works)

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Gang of people with weapons running after me trying to hurt me. Or even worse being cornered and not being able to get away.

I also don't like heights, but am getting over that fear in recent years.

Not turning out good in life. Not finding the love of my life. Not escaping from the endless torment called parents.

Puberal toughts <3:

If your parents torment you just remember that in the end your the one that chooses thier nursing home ^^!!

OT: Im scared of open water / deep water and also the side of ships and docks and piers thigns like that pretty silly really but i cant help it :o

ps: My aunt has a feer of buttons and beads >.< lol

Spiders, around 10 years ago when I was 8, I was playing in the garden, then I see the HUGE green spider crawling on a fence. I ran like a screaming girl, (I'm a girl, but I don't scream :P) I've always hated one.

And death by drowning, haven't really got a good reason why, but it's just. Ughr.

Heights, which is extremely bad. I can't lean on the bar at the shopping center in Birmingham because I get really bad vertigo even just a story high, and I start breathing heavy/losing balance/fearing for my life and get really badly paranoid, visions of bar breaking and me falling, honestly can't stand it. Think it's down to vivid falling dreams as a kid.

Other than that, claustrophobia, but only a little.

I used to have a huge fear of dogs because my older brother nearly had his throat ripped out by one when we were younger, the dog attacked him and lunged for his neck so I wasn't able to stand them, not even yorkies or anything. Eventually I got over it for the most part, but I still don't trust them much hahah.

logo.jpg

Heights, which is extremely bad. I can't lean on the bar at the shopping center in Birmingham because I get really bad vertigo even just a story high, and I start breathing heavy/losing balance/fearing for my life and get really badly paranoid, visions of bar breaking and me falling, honestly can't stand it. Think it's down to vivid falling dreams as a kid.

You should totally do that.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

i'm scard of the bloody mary folklore...i know people say it isnt real in stuff...but ive never actually had the curage to go in front of the mirror and say her name 3 times at midnight...

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

My greatest fear is being stabbed straight through the middle of the troat from the front...

Idk but it freaks me out thinking of that :?

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Im a wimp, Ive got many fears.

Knives. Ever since I threw that knife up and it cut my hand, Ive been terrified of it ever since.

No offense for this, but I dont feel "comfortable" when near a mentally disabled person. Idk, I always think that they might suddenly go crazy and attack me.

And the last, getting shot and not dying but instead enduring the burning sensation. (The thought about it and the knife thing really creeps me out)

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Im simaler to claustrophobic, but its not so much being in a tight space as not have free movement of my limbs. I have no problems with shoulder/chest harness roller coasters, or suits of armour (or diving suit), but being in say a locker, traped in an enclosed slide (no open top), or getting stuck in a snow tunnel (if its really tiny I can get nervous). Once I realise I cant move I start to panic, I just cant stand being restrained.

Exactly the same for me... I don't mind small rooms or anything, but if I can't stretch my arms or something like that I panic. When I was young my brother and I always messed around. But sometimes that was in bed (no dirty thoughts!) and he'd trap me under my blanket and I would totally freak because (I don't have any better explanation then the one I thought of as a kid) it felt like my arms couldn't breath. I know that sounds really weird, but it really felt like that.

Besides that I'm afraid of heights and spiders. I guess I'm a pretty frightful guy.

[hide=Barihawk]

It's... not existing, a lack of thought and physical state. I don't get it, what's hard to comprehend about it :| ?

Try to imagine what it would be like. You can't. Ergo, it's incomprehensible.

Just because I can't "feel" nothingness, just because I can't shut down my mind at will, that doesn't mean it's impossible for me to comprehend the concept :| .

Try to comprehend nothingness for eternity. It's hard for me to describe, and that's the point. Imagine being concious after death in nothingness for eternity. It's like being buried alive, but worse. There's your fear.[/hide]

Hmmm, if that's what death is like I wouldn't mind it at all, I would almost welcome it, since I know what being concious in nothingness is like (or close to it, seeing as what I experienced wasn't exactly nothingness :wink: ).

I'm currently on a pill called efexor xr (Venlafaxine), which has produced some extremely strange side effects. I doubt I'm even allowed to talk about some of the side effects (effects of sexual nature for example), but I'm sure this one is ok. I normally take this pill at 17:00, just once every day. A couple of weeks ago, I forgot to take it and woke up in the middle of the night with a massive head-ache. Later on I realised I had forgotten my pill and took it, which was somewhere around 6:00. Then when it was 17:00 I took the pill for that day as well....

Five minutes after I had taken the second pill I started to feel a tingling throughout my whole body (most strongly in my fingers) just like when I'm stoned... (note that I haven't had a joint in over a year) I started to get dizzy too, but both effects passed away after some minutes. Then I went to the bathroom and while I sat there thinking about something, (can't remember what) I experienced the strangest thing, which is extremely hard for me to describe. It felt like my entire body shut down, including my brain. There were no thoughts, really just nothing. Then after probably half a second (It felt really long, but I don't think it lasted more then a second) my brain went online again and I didn't know who I was, what I was, were I was, what I was doing, and I asked myself these questions (this experience also lasted probably no more then a second, though my thoughts and question raced through my head at incredible speed). Then after a second I was back to normal, sat thinking about it for a while, wiped my arse and went on with my daily business.

Anyway, the point of this whole story is my feelings during the "shutdown". Though it might sound strange, I have never in my entire life felt so peaceful as when my brain "shut down". It felt truly like the perfect kind of existance...

best-guide-ever.jpg

heights are no problem for me. Once I tripped while walking along a cliff. I was hanging upside down with a rock stabbing into my leg. Then I fell about 50 feet into water. I was fine but never been scared since then. I'm not scared of water, but sharks..eesh once I was at a beech in Hawaii and the next day a surfer got killed by one. Scary

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Not a lot I'm really afraid of, but there are a few things that I'm skittish about. Really the only thing I'm irrationally afraid of is indoor heights. Like open floors in department stores and stuff where you can look down to the floor beneath you. It's really weird, because I'm a rock climber and I've been hanging three stories or more up in the air with no support, but being one story up sends a shiver down my spine. Open stair cases are the worst, especially ones with glass railings. I dunno why, it just makes me struggle with that inner voice yelling "Don't do it stupid!"

The other things that I'm not comfortable with are any animals with obvious mean intents and water, because I can't swim.

It is impossible to exaggerate the unimportance of almost everything.

i have a small fear of hieghts, like where you could fall, no barrier

claustrophobia when im in a really cosed space or like being tied or held down, when im not in control, i kinda get edgy then start to freak out

i also have a fear of like someone in my family or friend dying and me dying

sword2di2.jpg

thanks to mitsubishi64 who made this sig