Development Diary Summoning - Part 4

WhiteHorn

My attempts at the anagrams:

"Anger unseats bacteria" is most likely "Use granite crab as a net", implying you can use a 'granite crab' to catch fish. Edit: Meh, someone got this exact same thing earlier...

"A gory, drying banshee" obviously has "angry", but I believe it also has "bees" (note that it starts with 'honey'), leaving "odryiganh" to be unscrambled if that's true... There's actually a second 'angry' in that, but it leave 'odih', which has no logical thing ("Oh, angry, angry bees", perhaps, but where does the "ID" go?). It could, of course, not have 'bees', and I could be going in the completely wrong direction, but perhaps someone can find something in there :)

Thats a good idea. The granit crab can use its pincers or something to fish for you and you dont need to have a net in your inventory. Also, is there a bear, or a bear paw or a bear something on one of those pouches? Because an "angry bear digs honey" makes alot of sense.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

logong4.png

That's the logo.

And did someone see the anagram?

To me the logo seems the 4 environments Runescape has.

Desert, Lava (Vulcanoes), Forest and Sea. Pretty much a hint that there will be a follower adequeate to each of them, at least.

~Cent

just a thought, but taht's going to be on the summoning skillcape!

also, i hope that it comes out on a weekend, cos then i won't be missing anything. im in school and i can't play...

The logo on the skillcape usually is the skill logo. #-o

Well usually, but after the interface update the skill icons don't match up with the capes.

icecube7.jpeg

well lets see now. the dev diary says that skillers WILL benefit from the new skill. plus theres the pouch for the crab, as well as the granite crab anagram. it seems obvious to me that the granite crab is probably used for fishing.

Just a note: the dev diary said the anagrams CONTAINED those words angry, granite, and net. it never said anything about the fact that they MUST be in the anagram. perhaps that was just a bit of a throwoff. it explains why it seems no one finished the banshee anagram.

BTW i have confirmed the names of at least one of the summoning monsters. that big sea serpent from the summoning art wallpaper? called a Hydra. Right click its image next to the announcement of the wallpaper and choose "save picture as" and it shows you the name. I did the same with the tree shaped image next to the dev diary announcement, that shape is an Ent. Plus, looking at the comic with the final piece of the summoning logo, there's a book with a tree shaped thing on it. Ent? Perhaps we might be able to summon ents to help in woodcutting...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Plus, looking at the comic with the final piece of the summoning logo, there's a book with a tree shaped thing on it. Ent? Perhaps we might be able to summon ents to help in woodcutting...

It looks more like the suped up Dust Devil than an Ent.

Dark_Jab.png

"A gory, drying banshee"

Angry, dragon, hydra...so many

Angry bees hoarding honey

Meh I'm gonna go for a drive...cya

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

This " BUILD UP" is worse than getting a nude massage from a girl after she tells you to lay on your back. Sorry if this is offensive, it is the ONLY thing that can even explain how much of a tease jagex is.

+1

a4d6cf8282.png

100122210315.png

So what are familiars going to be shortened to?

Fams? Famis?

I like Fams..

"Dude, check out my fam. It's awesome."

They probably won't be called by familiars or something close to it.

I say we use SPC - Summoned Player Character. (hey, it was worth a try, right? Or would it have to be "SNPC?")

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Fams? Famis?

I like Fams..

Lol.

Probably famils?

Karamthulu will probably be shortened to Kar. or Karam

Wolpertinger=Wolp?

Funny how lots of the famils have long names :P

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

well lets see now. the dev diary says that skillers WILL benefit from the new skill. plus theres the pouch for the crab, as well as the granite crab anagram. it seems obvious to me that the granite crab is probably used for fishing.

Just a note: the dev diary said the anagrams CONTAINED those words angry, granite, and net. it never said anything about the fact that they MUST be in the anagram. perhaps that was just a bit of a throwoff. it explains why it seems no one finished the banshee anagram.

BTW i have confirmed the names of at least one of the summoning monsters. that big sea serpent from the summoning art wallpaper? called a Hydra. Right click its image next to the announcement of the wallpaper and choose "save picture as" and it shows you the name. I did the same with the tree shaped image next to the dev diary announcement, that shape is an Ent. Plus, looking at the comic with the final piece of the summoning logo, there's a book with a tree shaped thing on it. Ent? Perhaps we might be able to summon ents to help in woodcutting...

It's the Dust Devil you will be able to summon.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Fams? Famis?

I like Fams..

Lol.

Probably famils?

Wolpertinger=Wolp?

Or we could all remain educated, intelligent people and choose not to abbreviate names and just call them "familiars," and "karamanthulu."

You know...just a thought.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

Could summoning be released during that circled part of the calendar in the cartoon on the front page or on one of the red dates?

You want a cookie for that?

OMG I TINK HEE R RITE!!

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I zoomed up on the already zoomed up version of the calander, and got this...

zoomedinvu4.png

Notice how the same color of red at the arch of the "N" or the "/1" has the same colors, and how there's a period at the end. The period would help abbreviate "January", but has no use for dates.

OT: It's killing me how they keep releasing little hints, but it doesn't help at all for actually training the skill. I just want it to be out already :pray:

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

Fams? Famis?

I like Fams..

Lol.

Probably famils?

Wolpertinger=Wolp?

Or we could all remain educated, intelligent people and choose not to abbreviate names and just call them "familiars," and "karamanthulu."

You know...just a thought.

Or you know, since it's a game people play for enjoyment, we don't need to constantly spell the full thing out. Maybe you would realize that it's stupid to spell everything out to the fullest extent in runescape because of the small amount of space in a line, and we don't want to constantly spam new lines into that chat.

zoomedinvu4.png

Notice how the same color of red at the arch of the "N" or the "/1" has the same colors, and how there's a period at the end. The period would help abbreviate "January", but has no use for dates.

OT: It's killing me how they keep releasing little hints, but it doesn't help at all for actually training the skill. I just want it to be out already :pray:

After looking at it not blown up, it looks kinda like 22/1. Maybe the circled is our wait, and it comes out the 22nd.

swordwarior.png

zoomedinvu4.png

After looking at it not blown up, it looks kinda like 22/1. Maybe the circled is our wait, and it comes out the 22nd.

It looks like '22/1' if you squint, tilt your head to the left, then lie to yourself.

It says Jan. As in January. The month. End of discussion.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I still think tomorrow...Jagex would want us to think it's coming out next week by highlighting it- and a release tomorrow would be the ultimate fool.

They dont usually do that, and they probably think we're too stupid to look at the calendar

sig.gif

I still think tomorrow...Jagex would want us to think it's coming out next week by highlighting it- and a release tomorrow would be the ultimate fool.

They dont usually do that, and they probably think we're too stupid to look at the calendar

Do they usually release new skills, though?

Do they usually release new skills, though?

Don't forget, this is JAGEX we're talking about... remember that time that they released that update about the Dancing skill? Of course not. The mind wipe serum took care of that.

RBqi.gif

Can be looted to obtain a variable item and reobtain the imp jar. If you are insane, it can instead be exchanged for impling jars from Elnock Inquisitor.

Sounds like a plan.

Yes they surprised with construction/hunter... and even RWT.

Now we are waiting for summoning like mads !

Already waiting for my skilling pets and doing my best to make room in bank.

The parted deployment explanation is also a satisfaction.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâõ

Lol thank god u mention it, i should get my bank cleaned up:p

Hint for anagram. Since one of the pouches has a pic of a crab claw on it, I think crab is supposed to be in there somewhere.

it would be awesome to be able to give people crabs

ROFL

CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGERRRR

~Prozac~

EDIT: The cover of the book looks like something tree-ish.Any ideas?

Hint for anagram. Since one of the pouches has a pic of a crab claw on it, I think crab is supposed to be in there somewhere.

it would be awesome to be able to give people crabs

ROFL

Addressing the tree comment, I believe that summoning may have something to do with the gnomes. It might suggest that you need to finish The Grand Tree quest in order to start Wolf Whistle, or you may jsut have to start the quest in the grand tree. It makes no difference to me.

Storm122096.png