Revenge of the Sith

Yoda

if you watch episode 6, return of the jedi, luke asks leia what she remembers about her mother, her real mother, and she talks about her a little bit, and just says that she died when she was really young.

in episode 3, padme, leia's real mother died right after she was born. you cant form memories until the age of 3. that means that leia's mother had to have lived for at least 3or 4 more years, at least.

i'm a little disappointed in george lucas for messing that up, unless there are some weird jedi powers..... :twisted:

i already answered this in the ten page topic, maybe you should have read that. a leia knows about at that time in episode 6 is her adopted mother, who she didnt even know wasnt her real mother.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in episode 3, padme, leia's real mother died right after she was born. you cant form memories until the age of 3. that means that leia's mother had to have lived for at least 3or 4 more years, at least.

i'm a little disappointed in george lucas for messing that up, unless there are some weird jedi powers..... :twisted:

Ah yes and we really have glowing swords that can cut through anything and mind powers to choke people. Wait what about giant furry 7 foot tall creatures that just scream.

IT WAS A FILM! GET OVER IT!

Yea well those things were made up. This is a goof up that is being pointed out, and with the millions of dollars that went into this you would think they would catch things like that.

If there is a power like the force, it's possible that they could have contact with their mother. :wink: Anyway, it's such a small detail, not worth the effort to debate it, IMHO.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I just saw it today, and I loved it, apart from one little detail... General Grevous coughed! Since when do robots get physically ill? The only plausible reason for it is that his maker programmed it into him, but what moron programs a robot to have a chronic cough???

Besides that, I loved the action sequences, it tied most everything to the original films nicely, and the dialogue between Padme and Anakin could have used some work. Over all - one thumb and two pinky fingers up.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

I just saw it today, and I loved it, apart from one little detail... General Grevous coughed! Since when do robots get physically ill? The only plausible reason for it is that his maker programmed it into him, but what moron programs a robot to have a chronic cough???

Besides that, I loved the action sequences, it tied most everything to the original films nicely, and the dialogue between Padme and Anakin could have used some work. Over all - one thumb and two pinky fingers up.

Oddly enough, Grievous wasn't always a robot. He was damaged a lot during the clone wars, and in this movie he was a lot weaker than at his 'peak.' You could see his organs when Kenobi pried open the plate protecting them.

I just saw it yesterday, i thought it was better than episode 1 and 2. It told me alot, how the sith lord was wrinkly :lol: and how darth vader was so wierd and needed all that mask stuff. I was so mad about the sith, when i got home, i watched the last movie :lol:

I didn't really watch the clone wars but I reaserched them and turns out close to the end of the series Mace Windu collapses his chest or something like that.

Here are a few things I have problems with not really plot flaws but...

1. How come in ep III r2d2 can take out those bad [wagon] droids but in IV-VI he just always goes along?

2. How can r2d2 fly? and why doesn't he ever in IV-VI?

3. How come many jedi when they get the chance use 2 light sabers? If they fought better with 2 why not just always have 2 on them?

4. Too much throwing stuff around in ep III i mean later they have to concentrate very hard to move things but in III they are just like blah.

5. No jedi mind control ever :cry: just disappointed me you would think someone would at least try it.

Hmmm i jsut saw the movie a few hours ago, very awsome, gorge lucus outdid himself! Id also like to say that 4 lightsabers.... own!

Also dont know if this was posted, but about 1500 canadians have put down their religion is jedi.... lol.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Here are a few things I have problems with not really plot flaws but...

1. How come in ep III r2d2 can take out those bad wagon droids but in IV-VI he just always goes along?

R2's parts get old but he does use the little shock thing in eps IV-VI just watch the movie again...he does shock some minor creatures and droids...

2. How can r2d2 fly? and why doesn't he ever in IV-VI?

He does fly in eps IV-VI

3. How come many jedi when they get the chance use 2 light sabers? If they fought better with 2 why not just always have 2 on them?

It takes a very skilled jedi to wield two light sabers...many jedi have tryed two lightsabers in a duel and end up chopping thier own body parts

4. Too much throwing stuff around in ep III i mean later they have to concentrate very hard to move things but in III they are just like blah.

the jedi order is very old in ep III so the force isnt in tact as it was in eps III when there were 10,000 jedi and in eps IV-VI when there were only 3,2, and only 1

5. No jedi mind control ever :cry: just disappointed me you would think someone would at least try it.true..but jedi mind control only works on the weak minded...if you notice in eps III its mostly action packed...there arent any stupid characters...

~ZeLoT~

He's a Kaleesh injured in a shuttle crash and then reconstructed by the geonosians on order of the InterGalactic Banking Clan. The SW cartoon is supposed to contain his backround story but I havn't seen it.

EpIII as a whole was pretty much as I expected it. Action scenes, bad dialogoue, as well as several reasons why they Lucas should be kept at his ranch and collect money instead of being directly involved.

The transition from Republic to Empire, although rushed, was believable but the references to the Death Star made me cringe everytime (as it did when the geonosian in EpII walked of with the "ultimate weapon"). It's a what, 16 year time gap between EpIV and III? During this time, they whip up a Death Star. The second one took them what, five years?

And that's ignoring the fact the the EU references to it's conception and construction made a whole lot more sense

Anakin's transition was fairly well done aswell, but the jump between warning the jedi and killing young padawans was a bit too much in one go.

Meh, could've been worse I suppose.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

The transition from Republic to Empire, although rushed, was believable but the references to the Death Star made me cringe everytime (as it did when the geonosian in EpII walked of with the "ultimate weapon"). It's a what, 16 year time gap between EpIV and III? During this time, they whip up a Death Star. The second one took them what, five years?

Well i cant exatly tell wat ur getting at, but if ur saying they were built too fast, remember this is a galaxy with where even wookies and ewoks have more advanced cicilizations then us...maybe not the ewoks, but its still plausible that they could build it that fast. if ur saying the diffference between 16 and 5 is too big, well of course the first time you make sumthing it will take longer the the second, and the second one wasnt even all the way done

ShadowSam19.png

A: The 2nd Death Star as I recall was only partially built anyway, it still had quite a few years to go until completeion.

B: They must have had SOME inovations and inventions created during the building of the first one to make the 2nd one easier. That's how it works in our galaxy at least. Everytime I try something a 2nd time I usually do better, and do it faster.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Well I am watching the series in order seeing I hadn't seen the 4th,5th or 6th and I still havn't but I have seen the 1st and 2nd. Me and my mates went seeing as though everyone else did...It was alright, it made me eager to see the others.

deadforumslol.png

Im a tad late ;) But I was at the Australian premier. I really did not deserve to score a $400 ticket from a friend, as I had not even seen the 2nd starwars at the time rofl.

Overall I thought the movie was pretty good, but I would not do what many nerds did while I saw it and dress up and make a fool of myself.

(premier nights suck, I thought it would be cool, but all you got extra was a huge speech from the presenter at the start of the movie)

Oh yeah, my friend won a double pass :D

no!!! you should have watched it 4,5,6,1,2,3 :(

why? so he can be excited about the originals, then be disapointed when he sees the first two? why not just suffer through the first two, and end the series on an up note?

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

its better to watch them 4,5,6,1,2,3 because of the release date diffrences...my cousin tried to watch it in the right order 1,2,3,4,5,6 and he fell asleep in episode 4 a new hope because the special FX r so lame...but if ur into star wars and sci-fi movies its best to watch them 1,2,3,4,5,6 but only if ur into the movie than the FX..

~ZeLoT~

I was disappointed in the movie. When I asked my husband how he like it he just shrugged and said, "It got the story told". That was exactly my reaction. It told the story, nothing more. For that, I'd much rather have a book. I cant put my finger on it but there was something missing.

jfroggy

George Lucas is a master story teller. I don't care what anyone says about his plot holes and inconsistencies. Almost all of them are in fact backed up, but too many people take the Star Wars universe way too literal and fail to see past their own ignorance. Not everything everyone says is to be taken literally.

When people give examples of A New Hope not linking with Episode III; primarily when Kenobi is talking to Luke, they are failing to see the irony in the story. Kenobi tells Luke only that which is convenient for him to hear. He didn't want Luke to know that Anakin Skywalker = Darth Vader. He didn't want Luke to know that he trained Darth Vader.

"It's your fathers lightsaber. He wanted you to have it when you were old enough." Obviously, Anakin never told Obi-Wan to give his lightsaber to his son when he was being burned alive, as Kenobi kneeled down and picked it up. Hell, Anakin didn't even know he was going to have a son, much less twins. Obi-Wan simply inserted that bit in when he was telling Luke the story to give his father that more fatherly and domestic approachability.

"She was very beautiful. She died when I was very young... Images..., and feelings, really." Leia tells these to Luke because she is talking about Mrs. Organa. Had Leia known she was adopted, she wouldn't have been so bewildered when Luke told her they were siblings.

Although some of the things in Star Wars are obviously very hokey, George Lucas has all sides covered. I think too many people take too much of their time to critisize and don't enjoy what's really there.

The old saga and the new one are very different though, too. Episode I started just coming out of the "Golden Years" of the Republic. Everything was good, and there were alot of Jedi. In 4,5,6, There were only ever 2 Jedi alive at one time. So of course, when seeing these movies, the term Jedi has a mystical and celestial connotation to it. However, when you return to a different part of time, and you see so many jedi, it's hard to hold such a high regard for so many people. So of course Lucas had to dummy down the ideaology of it all.

I also hear alot of people complaining about inconsistencies within the new series itself. Who is stronger, why is he able to beat him, and why did he kill him. I figure since I'm on such a tangent I might as well tackle it all at once. ;)

I don't care what you've been told, Mace Windu is the most powerful Jedi Master on the Council. Alot of people seem to think that Yoda was. This is incorrect. Yoda was obviously the wisest of the Jedi. He was also probably the second greatest swordsman, next to Windu. The reason I bring this up is because I heard alot of people wondering how Mace Windu could beat Palpatine, and then Yoda cannot. Some also think that Palpatine was faking it to seduce Anakin. I simply don't think that is the case. So, to make it clear again. Overall Yoda is the strongest Jedi; combining knowledge of the force with wisdom of how to use it, along with a mastery of lightsaber skills. However, Mace Windu was a better swordfighter plain and simple. As for Obi-Wan's comments to Anakin in Episode II, "If you spent at much time training as you did... doing something.... you would rival master Yoda as a swordsman." That simply suggests that Yoda is damn good, but really doesn't necessarily mean he is THE BEST. Although I could see where you could get that. This concept took me a while to figure out too.

I know there was alot of other stuff I wanted to write, but I guess I'll have to let my brain take a breather real quick before my fingers fall off.

first of all...yoda is the most powerfull jedi of course next to luke skywalker...yes mace windu was able to almost kill palpatine but this WAS a mere act to seduce anakin and for him to betray the jedi order...George Lucas said it himself...as for mace being stronger than yoda...impossible because u have to remember ...yoda is 870-ish years old...as mace is only what...30-40 the oldest? so yoda is much stronger considering hes old as dirt..and yes mace is a very skilled swordsman but nothing compared to yoda..at the point of palpatine fighting yoda anakin was already seduced...there was no holding back in that fight...and as a conclusion yoda is amongst the most powerfull jedi ever...but the most powerfull jedi is luke skywalker...because of his uncanning love for others and his bond with the force and his great swordsmanship he is IMO right up there with yoda as the most powerfull jedi...

~ZeLoT~

• 3 years later...

Locked for pointless bumping.

-Necromagus, Tip.It Mod.