Stats & scroll bar - Does it annoy you? Then read this.

@Dan3HitU

This is my solution, would YOU prefer it?

Really quick mock up in paint, took me less than 40 seconds, if someone wants to jazz it up so it looks more official then by all means go ahead.

591263538example.png

Yeah this looks pretty good, but com'on if the graphics people at Jagex can make fire breathing dragons look half decent then surely they can fit all the skill icons onto one non-scrolling interface.

Avid43.png

Yeah this looks pretty good, but com'on if the graphics people at Jagex can make fire breathing dragons look half decent then surely they can fit all the skill icons onto one non-scrolling interface.

It still has to be readable, working with the smallest lettersize just to fit in into one non-scrolling interface would be even worse.

I still think this one is the best idea so far:

newrsstats2fs2.jpg

It's easily readable and fits everything onto 1 page. Although i like your idea too 3 hit. I'm surprised they didn't learn from the old spell book that people don't like scrolling interfaces.

No, because then Jagex would have to re-design AGAIN when their next skill comes out, it's just giving them more work, why not just get it right first time rather than re-doing it again and again.

newrsstats2fs2.jpg

It's easily readable and fits everything onto 1 page. Although i like your idea too 3 hit. I'm surprised they didn't learn from the old spell book that people don't like scrolling interfaces.

No, because then Jagex would have to re-design AGAIN when their next skill comes out, it's just giving them more work, why not just get it right first time rather than re-doing it again and again.

Agree, Have you sent this into Jagex Yet?

loverrrzp8.jpg

[imghttp]

But don't expect any new skills in a long time though.

The Ultimate Green Dragon Guide

Don't hate me, just let me ride.

Lord, just give me life.

Honestly? I like this one less than the scroll bar.

It's a shame that jagex are being so fussy about not changing the size or any of the icons, as it's wouldn't be hard to create more space if they did.

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

they should make it p2p skills for itselfs, and f2p skills for itselfs. then someday they have to make some p2p skills f2p :) :) :)

Best f2p crafter. (I hope)

95m+ bank since february 2009

Crafting with friends in w61 - Al-Kharid

http://www.pointblog.dk/?go=krat(only 1 time per 24 hours per person.. I did'nt make these rules, so don't flame me)

I like the one without any scroll bar or seperations best, but yours is second, anything better than jagex one lol

CANE

Just to be different.

Think about it. A freaking Dragon Cane with a Dragonstone gem.

The spec will simply your character equiping a glove and beachslapping the enemy, who will break down and do the Cry emote for 10 seconds straight.

I quite like it. Its strange how they went for a scrolling one after all the effort of changing magic.

Personally I'd prefer hits in the top left as its always seemed easier to look at from a gland.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Eww, I think I dislike this more than the scroll. To be honest, they're both pretty bad. But scroll doesn't really bother me too much anyway.

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

I don't really care about the actual scroll (magic scrolling was annoying because you needed it quick. Skills not so much now) but I do care about the skills order

I'd prefer to have (if 3 per row)

Hitpoints - Prayer - Summoning (Because these apply to all formulas for combat level)

Attack - Strength - Defence

Magic - Ranged - Farming

Mining - Smithing - Crafting

Fishing - Cooking - Firemaking

Woodcutting - Agility - Herblore

Construction - Hunter - Thieving

I think I got them all lol

Boom! Dead Shot

Nobody likes scrolling, but I'm not sure that tabbing would make it any easier. This is quite a puzzle: How do you contain something that is always increasing in size? This is going to be something that will need to be seriously addressed.

I don't think that shrinking the 'skillblocks' would solve the problem in the long term either, we won't be able to read them in the end.

Argh... this is a sticky situation Jagex has got themselves into.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Seriously, what's so terrible about having a scrollbar?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

3_Hit_U and Kemikalkadet, I support both of your ideas as to how the skills pane should be re-done. Anything to get away from another miserable scroll bar in a bad place.

(Even though I still wish that the magic thing had its' scroll bar... don't know why, but that worked better for me... :-k ...)

Seriously, what's so terrible about having a scrollbar?

When it comes to stats, people don't like scrolling when they're trying to read fast and weigh several things at once. (I know this from experience.) <.< ... The only exception, in my opinion, was the magic spellbook page.

Side note for all: Jagex should make a quest that will allow players to swap books at will without traveling to special places afterward. (Just my opinion.)

~Mr. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)