The Euro 2008 tread! ~support siggys + poll! ~

fubol

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holland just destroy teams on the break. I wouldn't say they were better than either France or Italy they just caught the teams at their weakest. Hopefully Holland will play properly against Romania rather than attempt to eliminate the better teams. France vs Italy will be a very interesting match though, based on performance I think Italy will win 1-0 but it will be very close.

-BloodAngel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Cracking match.

Henry lobbing the ball over Van Der Sar when Holland were 1 up was such a good chance & the game could've been different had he scored that. But anyway, Holland look good & even their bench strength is pretty good.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

O, lovely play from Dutchland once again. Robben did outstanding as subsitute.

France, well, fumbled alot.. their defense was below par, and Henry played way below his 'super Henry' level. Maybe if he got the lob in, the game would've turned.

'Mon Romania getting a result against Holland in the next round of matches, would be awesome to see them qualifying from that group.

I think they have a chance aswell. Holland will probably rest some players, especially injury prone ones like van Persie and Robben, plus Romania have already shown that they can beat Holland in qualifying. Plus they will be less motivated having already won the group. Its a possibility. I had a sneaky suspition that they were capable of pulling it off at half time against (an admittedly s**te) France and todays result just reinforced that as they were a penalty away from knocking out the world champions. Credit to Buffon like.

In fact I might make Romania coming through their group my second bet of the tournament, depending on the odds available. :mrgreen:

Also a team from that group could qualify with 2 points , does anyone know if this has ever happened before? Would be pretty weird anyway.

iteme3721.jpg

The final open question remains: Is Holland capable of beating Portugal/Spain? I'm not sure, especially on Portugal, but we'll see.

Italy will have to work hard if they want to continue playing though. I wouldn't say they're bad at all (because they're not, and their goalkeeper has been chosen 4 times the world's best), they just have problems with getting the ball to the goal zone (unlike Netherlands who do it very fast).

Italians do have world class players even from Italy's Serie A, but maybe they need to work on playing as a team, not as individual star players. :(

Watched the Germany and Croatia game today. Have to say, it was a pretty good game.

Also watched part of the Netherlands game, man some nice goals....

If only Serbia was in the tournament, atleast 1 game would've been really great...

Ranger Boot Count: 1 :lol:

Zerkers: 4 Hatchets: 2 Warriors: 2

Holland just destroy teams on the break. I wouldn't say they were better than either France or Italy they just caught the teams at their weakest. Hopefully Holland will play properly against Romania rather than attempt to eliminate the better teams. France vs Italy will be a very interesting match though, based on performance I think Italy will win 1-0 but it will be very close.

-BloodAngel

How can you even say that Holland wasn't better? They clearly, clearly were better in both games. And you can be sure Holland will play a fair game against Romania, the Dutch players have all reacted on that, and none of them want to let them have an easy time. I am also certain that Van Basten, a good coach as he is, is smart enough to realise that a loss, no matter if it's wanted or not, would severely sting the morale amongst the players AND the (huge) fanbase.

My bet is that Holland will play with about 5 B-players, like Huntelaar, Affelay and Bouma and still beat the Romanians fairly easy. 2-0 and dominant Dutch play is my guess. Players like Robben deserve some rest, as he's still uncertain about that injury, but strongholders like Sneijder (so far the man of the tournament IMHO) should play, so that they keep up their fabulous winning streak.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

I think we were a lot better than France and Itality. Both teams played good, but their defence was laughable at times. And especially italy didn't have much to say on the midfield. And both teams did have some chances, but if you shoot all of your balls right into the keepers arms, it's not that weird that you are not scoring. We had a very hard time against france though. I think we will win from Romania as well. I don't know if Spain will be such a hard opponent. Sure, they score easily, but let us be honest: Russia wasn't that brilliant, and very naive in their defence. I still have to see how Spain will do against Sweden and Greece. Portugal will be a good match, but so far I'm more impressed by our boys than the Portugese. And, well, we're not in the finals yet.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

i bet with my friend that romania would loss , he said he would give 30 if they lost or had a draw , and guess what , i'm 30 richer :P

not much but cash is cash :mrgreen:

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

i bet with my friend that romania would loss , he said he would give 30 if they lost or had a draw , and guess what , i'm 30 richer :P

Lol, no offense but it seems your friend doesn't know much about football...

Giving you free 30 : 0 odds against a world champion doesn't seem too bright.. Maybe he just wanted to give you free money.

Edit: Got some good compensation yesterday, made a 5x combo involving MLB baseball and Euro2008 soccer, hit the total jackpot with @27.4x odds multiplier, 10.50$ bet... Won a nice $280+ with it.

Lol, no offense but it seems your friend doesn't know much about football...

Giving you free 30 : 0 odds against a world champion doesn't seem too bright.. Maybe he just wanted to give you free money.

Edit: Got some good compensation yesterday, made a 5x combo involving MLB baseball and Euro2008 soccer, hit the total jackpot with @27.4x odds multiplier, 10.50$ bet... Won a nice $280+ with it.

he doesn't know annything about football but he tough italy would win cus they are world champion :D

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

he doesn't know annything about football but he tough italy would win cus they are world champion :D

Ah.. I misunderstood. I thought your friend said: "If Romania loses or draws against Italy, I'll give you 30EUR" :lol:

Romania was by all means considered the worse team for that match.. They even had a touch of luck that 1 of Italy's goals were invalidated based on a nonexistent offside.

I think that what really did France in was the sheer sadism of the timing of the first three goals. Every time they were looking to get into the match their defense was suddenly caught with their collective pants down. The 3-1 especially was a beautiful example of this. You can't underestimate what that kind of goal does to a team's morale, on both sides.

Angryjoe: If Holland wins and France and Italy draw, there will have to be an extension and penalty shootout, as they both have the exact same amount of goals for and against. If both matches end in a draw Romania goes through, and if Romania wins there's no way for France and Italy to go on. There's a very real chance that the #2 in group C will go through without having won a single match, which would be a first in the tournament's history.

Also, I love how the Dutch press always takes plenty of time to summarize the lamentations of the press in the home country they just beat. Always a great read :

In the end, I think one statistic best illustrates the Dutch chances to beat teams like Spain and Portugal: Seven goals scored by six different players. The sheer versatility of their offensive line will be the key to victory in the long run. If they had someone like Jaap Stam to hold together the defense, I'd bet my life savings on them winning it.

Ah.. I misunderstood. I thought your friend said: "If Romania loses or draws against Italy, I'll give you 30EUR" :lol:

Romania was by all means considered the worse team for that match.. They even had a touch of luck that 1 of Italy's goals were invalidated based on a nonexistent offside.

lol , and yes they where lucky off the nonexistent offside , but italy was verry luck that a couple of romania's shots didn't go in..

the guy who broke his socket of the eye is out i guess

btw *wears spain t-shirt*

w00t 2.30 hours till the match starts!!!!! :D

go spain hope u win :pray:

then we are with the last 8 :)

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

When Van Persie scored 2-0 I fell on my knees and put my arms in the sky. I yelled "Yes!!!! Perzik!!!"

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

When Van Persie scored 2-0 I fell on my knees and put my arms in the sky. I yelled "Yes!!!! Perzik!!!"

lol ^

40 mins till spain - sweden !!

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Hmm, Villa puts Spain into the last 8. Must be agonizing to lose in injury/extra time. :lol:

Seems like Villa will attract some bids after the tournament. Will be interesting if he comes to EPL.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

Hmm, Villa puts Spain into the last 8. Must be agonizing to lose in injury/extra time. :lol:

Seems like Villa will attract some bids after the tournament. Will be interesting if he comes to EPL.

Yeah, although Valencia has had a horrible season (10th in the Liga, but they usually are the 3rd or 4th team in Spain), I find it a little awkward many people are so surprised about David Villa. He's a first class striker that would be a star player in any team. IMHO he's just as good as Torres, better in dribbling, even faster, but not quite as tough and not good in the air either. With the right approach and the right backup, Villa would do excellent in the EPL for sure.

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

my tought on who will win: Netherlands

my favorite team: Netherlands

why i think this team will win: cuz Snyder and Niestelroy beast

Spain is gonna own Sweden btw and Russia shall take down Greece

Nice predictions :) I had a 3x combo with your selections:

Betting history 14.06.2008

=============================

Bet slip

Tennis: Nadal vs Rod[bleep] Nadal @1.68x

Football: Sweden vs Spain Spain @2.20x

Football@ Russia vs Greece Russia @1.88x

Combined odds: @6.94x

Total bet: $20

Total win: $138.8

=============================

And I still laugh that bookmakers give better odds to ROMANIA to win Holland..! Netherlands 3.00 odds, Romania 2.10.

2049095b96d8407c188e4b67fd2a112ad8d7b42.png

I think they're just pissing their pants that Holland is probably gaining an easy victory, so they try to discourage people from making lots of bets on the winning team.