Your favorite book/book series

IeatWindex

What is your favorite book or book series? And what genre do you enjoy reading the most? If you want, give a brief summary of the book (or book series)

My favorite book is Castaways of the Flying Dutchman. It is a fictional story about a boy and his dog that were sent on a eternal journey helping those in need.

My favorite book series is the Harry Potter series. Im sure everyone knows the plot.

My favorite genre is fictional.

GG.gif

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourite series is, far and away, the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. It's amazing fantasy, and keeps being awesome through twelve books - what more could you want? I loved every minute of it.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Tell me someone here besides Dadieseldude and I reads Pendragon. Ninth book just came out last month, second to last in the series. I'm going to have a hard time getting it out of my head for a while.

This summer is looking to be really good for book releases. The next Artemis Fowl, Keys to the Kingdom, and others that I can't remember right now. Pendragon last month already, and in September the third book in the renamed Inheritance Cycle, Brinsingr.

For anyone who doesn't know, Inheritance was originally intended to be a trilogy, starting with Eragon, but during the writing of book 3 Paolini decided to split it into two books because it was getting too long. So now we have a four-book cycle.

p2gq.jpg

My favorite series is either the Lord of the Rings (For more traditional writing), or the Percy Jackson series (For more...New...Stuff...And an easier read).

My favorite book is probably the Return of the King, possibly Ender's Game.

N0M, I've heard a lot about Pendragon, I'm not sure, but I think I might have read the first one.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

My favorite series is either the Wheel of Time books (RIP Robert Jordan) or Sword of Truth.

My favorite book is probably The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch by Philip K. [bleep].

Ive read the first book of Pendragon. Its an OK book, but sparks no intrest. Only read it cause I couldnt find a series after Cirque Du Freak, which IMO surpasses Harry Potter. Those books were awesome. Especially the last book, Sons of Destiny.

GG.gif

The Fountainhead- Ayn Rand, I'll probably read Atlas Shrugged by her over the summer

Atlas Shrugged is my favourite book of all time, but The Fountainhead is almost as good.

As for favourite series I'd probably have to go with Robert Jordan's The Wheel of Time.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Tell me someone here besides Dadieseldude and I reads Pendragon. Ninth book just came out last month, second to last in the series. I'm going to have a hard time getting it out of my head for a while.

This summer is looking to be really good for book releases. The next Artemis Fowl, Keys to the Kingdom, and others that I can't remember right now. Pendragon last month already, and in September the third book in the renamed Inheritance Cycle, Brinsingr.

For anyone who doesn't know, Inheritance was originally intended to be a trilogy, starting with Eragon, but during the writing of book 3 Paolini decided to split it into two books because it was getting too long. So now we have a four-book cycle.

Lol, I like all of those.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Ive read the first book of Pendragon. Its an OK book, but sparks no intrest. Only read it cause I couldnt find a series after Cirque Du Freak, which IMO surpasses Harry Potter. Those books were awesome. Especially the last book, Sons of Destiny.

Another shanster eh? I love shan, even if his work is targetted towards a less mature audience I still manage to loose myself in a vampire/demonata book when I pick one up :D

At the moment I'm currently working my way through A song of ice and fire series by George R.R. Martin. Although I don't find much time for reading anymore due to school + real life stuff :D

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

I reads Pendragon =) its ftw. the most recent was the Ibara one right? I read it and enjoyed it.

My favorite series goes to: Alex Rider, Gatekeepers (both by Anthony Horowitz) or Demonata series by Darren Shan.

Favorite individual, nonseries book? God thats hard to decide. Probably Fire Bringer by David Clemens-Davies. First book to make me cry. and its very sad to see a grown warren211 cry.

Favorite Genre? all types of fiction (preferbly fantasy and sci-fi)

I'm looking foreward to next Inheritance book in sept and next artemis fowl book (didn't even know it was coming out until this thread!) in summer and the next demonata book in oct. this year's gonna rock for book releases. Yesterday at my library I was browsing books and looked on the sorting cart. There, gleaming to my eyes was book 6 of the Demonata series. I didn't even know it was released. I grabbed it and borrowed it from the library immediatly. I was amazed I got it. normally in-demand books had dozens of reserves before it was on the shelf yet. now anticipating book 7 in october.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I reads Pendragon =) its ftw. the most recent was the Ibara one right? I read it and enjoyed it.

Nope, that was book 8. Book 9, Raven Rise, was released May 20, 2008. Go read it. Right now :P

p2gq.jpg

Series: Dirk Pitt series. Pretty good, despite the fact that some plots are just given a new face and recycled :|

Book: The Bear and the Dragon by Tom Clancy. Epic win against the Chinese by the Russians. Focuses too much on America, though.

I;ve actually had a book in the works for a month or so now. I've got everything prepared- characters, settings, events, even a fair back story, but I've stalled on actually writing it. Now that school's almost finished, I'll probably start.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I like the halo books, because i played the games. I was amazed to find it had a story line much after having learned my way around most of halo 2.

contact harvest is a very good pre-cursor to the entire story line.

My favourite series is, far and away, the Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind. It's amazing fantasy, and keeps being awesome through twelve books - what more could you want? I loved every minute of it.

Amazing series, i loved it, i can't wait for the t.v. mini-series of the first book to come out this fall.

cool_sig1.jpg

I;ve actually had a book in the works for a month or so now. I've got everything prepared- characters, settings, events, even a fair back story, but I've stalled on actually writing it. Now that school's almost finished, I'll probably start.

I just hung a huge flippin' 8'x4' chalkboard over my bed yesterday to use as a storyboard for mine, lol. If you have a chalkboard, they're great for mapping out character arcs and plotlines.

p2gq.jpg

i love reading and i will pretty much read anything. I'm a huge fan of fantasy, so my favorite series would be Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and the Twilight series. my favorite book is Wicked: the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West.

16574381pm8.png

I just hung a huge flippin' 8'x4' chalkboard over my bed yesterday to use as a storyboard for mine, lol. If you have a chalkboard, they're great for mapping out character arcs and plotlines.

Hm, interesting, though the only chalkboard I have is in my kitchen, and cluttered with pictures of my family and whatnot. I'm sure they'll understand if I torch them.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Right now my favourite series is His Dark Materials. My favourite genre is Fantasy. I like His Dark Materials because not only is it a fantasy series, but it deals with a lot of real life issues that I can relate to. It's a really exciting book filled with twists and turns and emotions and all that juicy stuff.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I rather enjoyed the Inkheart books. I enjoy a lot of fantasy novels, but this one gave me something original, instead of the typical fantasy books that I read. I won't spoil the plot, but I'd recommend these books if you're looking for a good read.

Another series I've read that I enjoy very much is the Ranger's Apprentice series. Another good book for those looking for a good read. It's annoying to me, seeing as the series is out to book 6 or 7 in Australia, but only book 4 in the states. Not like there's much translation needed. :?

All my other choices are mentioned in the above posts, so I tried to give a few you may have not read. Enjoy :D

7 years 'scape knowledge and counting

m8pu02.png

99 Attack - June 8th 2010 99 Defence - August 2nd 2011 99 HP - December 2nd 2011

I mostly read non-fiction but when I'm feeling particularly nerdy, I like the Dark Elf and Icewind Dale trilogies. I'm not into the whole fantasy thing, but my cousin introduced me to these books a few years ago, and I've been unable to put them down since.