Runescape turns into Single Player. Could you survive ?

Skyflipper0

The more I think about it the more I think I wouldn't mind. Sure I wouldn't be making new friends or meeting new people, but the good friends I already have on RuneScape could just communicate with me over an instant messenger while we played. This isn't to say I would like it more, I just wouldn't mind that much.

Previously known as Monkeybeast0.

Walkman1022.jpeg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love getting rid of other players in overcrowded areas (slayer spots, uggh) and not have to deal with the stupidity of the average player every day. I hardly interact with other players in RS anyway. But then again, no G.E., no multiplayer games like Castle Wars or Trouble Brewing, no fellow monkeys in Ape atoll Agility Arena,... RS would feel like a dead world after an atomic war. It'd be eerie.

As Leonidas might say if he played Runescape: " Prepare for boredom!" I would quit but seriously it would be like what I'm doing now just that cash would be harder to come by since GE wouldn't exist.

to those who watched skychis video on grand exchange, i can see him now standing in falador park still saying selling green mask 20 million skychi to this very day haha

I don't know, I'd probably log in every now and then but..

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

If runescape went single player, it would be the longest, most boring game ever with bad graphics :wall:

I'd quit right away, just go on 360 live 8-)

Let's just hope Jagex don't get ideas from this topic :pray: :lol:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

If runescape went single player that would be awesome.

Can you say: Addons and modifications?

The Runescape mod community, making new weapons and areas, armours, and such. Everything players have always wanted would be in the game and ready to download as an addon. Better bank? Download the mod. Horses? Download the mod. More food to bake? Download the mod.

Instead of having Player owned houses through a portal, you'd have it in one of the actual cities (because it's just you).

Of course, there'd be no reason for pvp-minigames, or random events, and some of the un-soloable monsters would have to be toned down.

Imagine if someone built an A.I system that incorporated the ALife system of STALKER: Clear Sky. For those of you that don't know, the ALife system takes non-playable characters and makes them do exactly what you're doing. They will go out, train to get better, find and collect loot, take quests and complete them, move from level to level, and converse with other npcs, and all dynamically.

You could make a living breathing world in Runescape single player. And it would be good.

If we could get something like this working, single player Runescape wouldn't just work: It would kick [wagon].

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

all the enviromentalists that play rs can hug trees without gettin shouted at :lol:

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Friends are overrated, I'd still play it!!

Nah, tbh, if that came true, I would say "What's this outside people talk about? o.O"

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

RuneScape would become the longest, annoying game on the internet.

---

I wouldn't even bother playing without interacting with others.

+1

No way I could even make it through a couple hours without talking to some of my friends or buying something off the GE. lol.

Tell ya one thing tho, I'd have a goddamn huge hoard of useless loot :)

wontrimmed.jpg

bunker_boy.png

Friends and player interaction is a big part of RuneScape for me. Without it, RuneScape just wouldn't be enjoyable anymore.

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

Without the player interaction, Runescape would never of reached the heights it has, and if they removed it now, it was sharply fall. If Runescape turned into Oblivion but with the same content no-one would play it, It would be far to boring.

RuneScape would become the longest, annoying game on the internet.

True, true. It would become one of those games such as AQ or DF that just become meaningless and boring without player interaction and runescape would be known as one of the worst mmorpg's ever!

It would become too long, and training skills would be SO boring, as there is no-one to compete against and no-one to help you if you are stuck.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

I wouldn't play.

One of the biggest things that drew me to the game were the sheer number of people playing at once.

Skills like Woodcutting and Fishing would be really boring for me if I didn't have conversations with people in order to pass the time.

Dr Locust <-- Click for my blog...

Dr_Locust.png

+2000 Total, PhD in Questing, Woodcutting, Agility, Thieving, and Firemaking

67njlaf.jpg

No, I'll quit in a heartbeat. Being better than others is what drove me to play this game. Without the competition, its useless.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

i think that without the other players , i can't survive ...

runescape needs to have some social aspects for all those who have no life

(i have a life)

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other