Guide to RuneScape's new Graphics - Do YOU meet the Req's?

Sentry_Wolf

Hello everyone.

This is a small guide to show if you meet RuneScape's new graphic's Req's.

Minimum specifications:

To play RuneScape's new detail level you will need:

- 1.5 GHz processor or higher

- 256MB of RAM or more

- 64MB 3D Graphics card, such as Nvidia® GeForce 3 or above

These are the minumum req's for it.

To find where if you can meet these req's follow these steps.

Method 1. Guide by Sentry Wolf

[hide=Guide by Sentry.]Finding the first 2 req's.

For Window Vista and XP users:

Go to My Computer.

Somewhere along the window there should be "System Properties" or simlar.

2vs3rwj.png

Now to find your Processor, just look down for it.

Also your Memory (RAM) Details will be there.

2dtbuk4.jpg

So, of course if the numbers. (For example my Processor is 2.00) Are higher/the number for req you have it.

Finding your Graphic's card.

So now you have the 2 req's, it's time to find the last one.

Go to control panel.

Go to device manger.

140zomh.png

Go to device adapters.

It will show your Graphic's card.

b4b291.png

I'm not completely sure how to tell which is the best, you will have to find out that bit yourself.

But I am told the GeForce's that if you have 8400, 8800 or something simlar, you have around the best.[/hide]

Method 2. - By Smither Sid/Chazimcgee

[hide=Guide by Sid, Big image.]Systemguide.png[/hide]

Note about graphic cards - thanks to compfreak847 who also helped people a great deal in this guide with questions!

If your system uses Intel or some types of ATI graphics, that means that it is integrated graphics that take their memory from the main system memory. They may or may not be able to run the new Runescape graphics; Jagex has not released enough information about them to be sure one way or the other.

Credit's

To Myself For plucking up the courage to write the guide.

To Sid For writing the method 2 and encouraging me to write the guide.

To Sheynara For encouraging me, if it wasn't for you 2, it wouldn't be here!

To Compfreak847 For helping everyone with their problems and questions.

& to Jagex For making us look forward to an update that will change RuneScape!

I hope you meet the req's.

Happy Scapin'

Sentry & Sid! <3:

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done Sentry, good idea as we said :D

My ones are

2.2ghz Processor

1 gig RAM

and 250 meg internal graphics card

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I just go run -> dxdiag. You'd have to have a pretty awful computer not to be able to run the new rs. Mine's a 4 year old $600 HP, and has double what it needs.

Whoa didn't know you could do that.

I'll add that to the guide. If you don't mind. :P

My computer isn't the best ::' But if it can run World Of Warcraft, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and The Sims 2, I am sure it can handle RuneScape's new graphics (hopefully).

How do I see what Graphics Card I am running?

Does DirectX help? :ohnoes:

Well, the guide on the first post isn't the easiest.

Windows XP etc.

Press Windows + R.

Type dxdiag.

Hit enter.

Screenshot the System and Display tabs.

For WinVista, just do the same above, but you just need to enter dxdiag in the Start Search, but you can still just follow above...

My dxdiag:

ScreenShot002.png

ScreenShot003.png

if geforce 5500 enough?

(refer to my guide at bottom of my post)

My guess is that the 5500 is a bit touch and go but read my guide to find out :)

My computer isn't the best ::' But if it can run World Of Warcraft, Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 and The Sims 2, I am sure it can handle RuneScape's new graphics (hopefully).

How do I see what Graphics Card I am running?

Does DirectX help? :ohnoes:

See if you get anywhere with Sentry's if it doesnt seem clear enough then test out mine and wsee which one gives you your anwer. They aren't hard specs to meet so most computers can run it

Here s my guide: (Sentry will be adding to first post soon)

Systemguide.png

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

I feel really sorry for you if you don't meet the minim reqs. Even integrated graphics should be able to handle it. Also ignore the 64 MB requirement, no graphics cards now days come with less, and those that do borrow from the shared system memory for a total of 256-512-1024 MB, so that requirement is basically met period. As for ram, 512 MB is the minimum virtually all computers are sold with, and 95% of them are 1 GB or over. As for the 1.5 Ghz, any of the newer processor would be fine. Even if you get a 1.4 Ghz mobile processor, it will run it fine as it is far more powerful then 1.4 Ghz back before SSE, MME, Multi-core, and power saving features. Bottom Line: Jagex should have provided far more detail, or a benchmarking program to determine if you can run it. Still, virtually any newer computer can. That's probably only for the 800X600 version, but judging by those requirements my laptop and any decent gaming rig should easily handle 1920X1200 w/ 4X anti-aliasing.

EDIT: Read if your "graphics card" is Intel or ATI

If your system uses Intel or some types of ATI graphics, that means that it is integrated graphics that take their memory from the main system memory. They may or may not be able to run the new Runescape graphics; Jagex has not released enough information about them to be sure one way or the other.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yeah, I got the requirements, can't wait for the update! :thumbsup:

I was surprised I did though, my computer is a good 4-5 years old...... Good thing when I got it I said that I wanted it mainly for gaming ::'

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

I got all the req. exept for the RAM part! :ohnoes: (it says 256 on the comp box but in the window+r it says 192_

We got the comp im now playing on in 2005

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Yep, I meet the requirements by far :P Got a new good computer since 3 months ago or so.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I got all the req. exept for the RAM part! :ohnoes: (it says 256 on the comp box but in the window+r it says 192_

That's because part of your ram (64 MB) is being given to the graphics card. Your probably going to need a ram and graphics update, both of which are fairly cheap. Or you could go buy a new computer from dell for ~800 that could run this and many other games without breaking a sweat. (If you know how to get the 450 off dell coupons and other such secret deals).

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Yeah I don't have the best laptop (has some crummy integrated graphics card) but it can easily play RS. Thanks for the guide, helped me check that I could play it :thumbsup:

143kxfq.png

Please take a look at my blog here.

Those who can not accept change condemn themselves to living in the past.

99 Range - 99 Mage - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoints

That's because part of your ram (64 MB) is being given to the graphics card. Your probably going to need a ram and graphics update, both of which are fairly cheap. Or you could go buy a new computer from dell for ~800 that could run this and many other games without breaking a sweat. (If you know how to get the 450 off dell coupons and other such secret deals).

So just a new RAM chip in it and i can play? =)

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Computer specs on my 2 comps, tell me if they're good enough for max features: (probably not laptop)

Laptop

Intel® Celeron® 1.5 Ghz processor(minimum lol)

502 MB RAM

Display:

Name: Mobile Intel® 915 GM/GMS, 910GML Express

Chip Type: Same as the name

Approx. Total Memory: 128 mb

Current display mode: 1280x768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Desktop:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40 Ghz

Ram: 766 MB RAM

Display:

Name: Intel® 82845G/GL/PE/GV Graphics controller

Chip Type: Intel® 828456 Graphics controller

Approx total memory: 64.0 MB

Current Display mode: 800x600 (32 bit)(85 Hz)