Anyone up for another "guess the movie" contest?

Faux

For people who participated before, it's pretty much going to be the same thing.

I'm gonna put up about 30 screenshots. The contest will last as long as 30 days and as short as all the screenshots are named.

But it takes a lot of effort to pull this off and it's pretty awesome for the winner too. So I just want to know if the admins would be willing to give a nod. Maybe for the champ, a custom title? I'm not participating, and I don't care about who will win. I just wanna make a contest like before. This will be the third time I think?

I only won the last time because I was on these forums way too often :D . They were in batches last time, and the trick was to be there when Carlo posted them and get the first guess in, which allowed you to get the 4th guess also. Which meant I was checking the topic when I got up in the morning, when I got home from work, when I got home from school, and the last thing before bed. Unless a new batch was just posted, in which case I didn't sleep until I got a few guesses in.

Very stressful, but fun.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Last time I only got third. Don't think I'll win this time either. European Championship, Vacation to France, Tour du France. :P But of course I will participate, last time was fun!

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

How about it mods? I'm willing to do the work by Sunday or so, but I wanna know if you guys would approve giving a custom title to the winner.

The rollback unbanned you? Does that mean... oh no...

BUBSA?

Dude, why you gotta welcome me like this for?

Yea, bloody indy was on way too often and they always went live when I was at work and most of america/europe was at home; so by the time I got back most of them were already guessed :(

Looking forward to it! I'll get you this time, Indy!

:D

Yea, bloody indy was on way too often and they always went live when I was at work and most of america/europe was at home; so by the time I got back most of them were already guessed :(

People in the US/Canada did have an easier time of it. I think I remember them mostly being posted around 3:00 EST and I would rush home from work to get in right after being posted. Who knows what time that would be in the butt of the world :P .

There is an alternative way to do it, that requires a lot more work from Carlo but it means what time they get posted doesn't matter. Basically he posts one a day, and everyone PMs him with their guess. If they get it right, they get a point. If they don't, they don't get anything. From the time posted you have 24 hours to send the PM. The person with the most points at the end wins.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

4666sirani_emo_20080521091746.gif

Since this is the closest thing to an appropriate topic... anyone know what movie that one is from? I *need* to know.

I'll consider that Indy. It's not about the work (honestly, I probably won't have a life the next couple of months), but I don't want people to not be able guess because they weren't on TIF for a day. But I will keep that in mind though.

How about I post all 30-40 screenshots at the same time instead of bit by bit? That would be fairer won't it.

Haha, pfilc. I was gonna pm you to see if you were still alive bud.

I'm going on a trip to Chicago next week with friends so I might be MIA for a few days. But I'll try to get the contest up before I go.

• 2 weeks later...