Will be getting a Wii soon, any advice?

Hawks

Okay I've been told that my family will be buying a Wii (and a new TV) for Christmas... Yes I know that's like six months away. I was just wondering if anyone has advice on what accessories to get or games or whatever.

My dad has decided we're getting the system and an addtional Wiimote, as well as two Nunchucks... We already have a GC and seven or eight games for it, as well as three controllers and three 1019 memory cards. Oh yeah, we're getting some form of a HD flat-screen LCD (no plasma for me), probably a 36 inch, nothing too big. Are there any other accessories we should plan on getting right away?

As my birthday is in February, I was going to ask for LoZ Twilight Princess... And the cool sword/shield/knife set they have at the Nintendo shop. Does anyone have the set and anything they want to say about it? Or Twilight Princess?

Oh and I wanted the Silicon Grip set for the Wiimote and Nunchuck in orange, as it is my favorite color. How well do the silicon grips hold up to not-so-great treatment?

And finally, I was going to get a Wii Points Card and get Super Mario Bros. (500), Kirby's Adventure (500), and LoZ: A Link to the Past (800). Are these pretty good choices? I have them all on my computer in .nes and .smc format, I've played them before, even had SMB for NES... Then it got fried.

List of Wii Games I hope to Get(Anyone have them, comments on them?)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess

Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire

Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock with Guitar! (Is GH 2 availble for Wii? I like it much better than GH 3.)

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Party 8 (only Wii game besides Wii Sports that comes with it that I've played)

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you're only getting 1 extra controller only buy 1 nunchuck because the system comes with one, so you'd have three nunchucks and 2 controllers :P Most of the games you picked are pretty good, but i heard radiant dawn isn't too great. Never played it so i can't be sure though.

soldersig.jpg

Well if you're only getting 1 extra controller only buy 1 nunchuck because the system comes with one, so you'd have three nunchucks and 2 controllers :P Most of the games you picked are pretty good, but i heard radiant dawn isn't too great. Never played it so i can't be sure though.

Are you sure? I thought it only came with one controller?

Only wanted Radiant Dawn because it was from the same series as Marth and Roy who were in Super Smash Bros. which I have for GC.

Are you sure? I thought it only came with one controller?

Only wanted Radiant Dawn because it was from the same series as Marth and Roy who were in Super Smash Bros. which I have for GC.

It comes with a Wiimote + Nunchuk.

Have you played Path of Radiance? I'm not sure what you meant in your last sentence, if you have SSBM or Fire Emblem: PoR. If you don't have PoR, you may want to get it, it's the prequel to Radiant Dawn. And just saying, Radiant Dawn is good, it's just somewhat hard.

As for accessories, there's not much that you really need. You have enough storage space to last you for a long time, so you don't really need SD cards. However, in the package that I got, I was able to choose an accessory, and I got the Nyko Charging Station. It's really good in the long run, it saves you a bunch of batteries.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Don't other the sword and shield set for Twilight, it's a waste to be honest, and it's a hassle to use. Twilight princess is pretty good though.

Join something, somewhere to maximize the Brawl. Join one here, and on another forum, even three if need be.

For some more games you may want, some of the ones I like are:

Resident Evil 4 (awesome game!! You gotta have your parents approve it if they care about the M rating, but trust me, its totally worth all the money you put in it if you get it.

Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles (on the rails shooter, I havn't played it much, but I do like it and I'm sure you would too. Again M rating so you might need parent approval)

Super Mario Galaxy: It's a mario game, how much more do you need? Its a very well made game, and is worth it to buy and complete.

All I can think of for now.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I just checked, and yeah, it comes with a nunchuck. I didn't know that... Have to tell my dad that then, lol.

I have SSBM, would like to have Path of Radiance (is that right) for GC, can't find it anywhere though.

DON'T buy mario party 8, that game is an abomination. (pretty much all mario partie games are...) but if you're entitled to your opinion, then i'm not stopping you. last time i bought my wii, the package only came with wii sports.

brawl and mario kart wii are great additions to any wii players since they come with the accessibility to use multiple controllers and online play. super mario galaxy is fairly good, you'd expect it to be better then the previous franchises, great soundtrack, graphics and more stars to collect, only it doesn't have wifi support which means you'll be on limited gameplay.

as for the others, idk much about them.

Well your list pretty much nailed everything. Wii sports, Wii Fit, and Wii Play are the Big 3 in family fun. While Brawl and MKW are great fun with friends around. If you like playing alone, LoZ and Resident Evil 4 are always there for the die-hard gamer. Wii is perfect for everyone :thumbsup:

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Well your list pretty much nailed everything. Wii sports, Wii Fit, and Wii Play are the Big 3 in family fun. While Brawl and MKW are great fun with friends around. If you like playing alone, LoZ and Resident Evil 4 are always there for the die-hard gamer. Wii is perfect for everyone :thumbsup:

Wii fit? Are you kidding me? one of the worst games ever created and his family would complain as it show kids as obese people via BMI.

PS, watch the commercials they rock :roll:.

igsig.png

Silicon grip is useless. As long as you're not being an idiot the wiimote won't slip out of your hand I dont even use the strap, also you have to take it off when you want to change batteries and you can't carge it while its on.

I say spring for 2 more controllers, 4 chargable battery packs, and atleast one classic controller

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Ah yes, the classic controller is a must if you plan on playing SNES games via Virtual Console. Especially if you want to play the Donkey Kong Country games, the Gamecube controller is horrible. I don't think you can play SNES games with the Wii remote either.

Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn isn't bad at all. It's actually kind of easy for a Fire Emblem game (relatively), which makes it way better for someone unfamiliar with the series. Neither Roy nor Marth are in it, but Ike from Brawl is (although he looks a lot cooler in RD than in Brawl).

Roy's game has never been made in America. Marth's is being made now for the DS but you won't see it for a while either.

Out of my (somewhat small) collection of Wii games my favorites have to be Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, and SSB Brawl.

Those are three amazing games that will keep you entertained for weeks and weeks on end.

As for accessories...I've had my Wii for over a year now and I have been fine without any of those extra add-ons. All you need is 2-4 controllers + nunchucks depending on how many people will be playing at the same time and you'll be set.

2czeqeh.jpg

Silicon grip is useless. As long as you're not being an idiot the wiimote won't slip out of your hand I dont even use the strap, also you have to take it off when you want to change batteries and you can't carge it while its on.

I said that too, but then when my cousin was playing bowling it flew out of her hand and broke a lightbulb above my 52 inch TV, like less then a foot lower and bye bye TV :o I still don't use the silicon grips though since I moved the Wii to my bad TV and I don't let her play Wii anymore.

----------------

Now playing: Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock

via FoxyTunes

you're gonna regret it.

go ps3 or 360. wii is a joke.

Why post this anyway? He asked for suggestions for a Wii, not help deciding on a console. You just randomly flamed this post....

Anyways, I don't use the silicon grip, I still havnt gotten one for 2 of my controllers, and I still use the same wrist straps from when I bought it over a year and a half ago. I suggest getting the Nyko Rechargeable battery kit (i think thats the brand). It saves a lot of battleries, and if you keep it on the station all the time its always charged.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!