A child of the 90's, this is what shaped my world.(few pics)

jessy87

Animorphs!!!!! Hahahaha, damn man, I'm getting far too excited reminissing.

Hah yeah, that was it. I remember the first 10 or so books being great and then I just stopped paying attention to them.

Part of it was that to my childhood mind turning into an animal was freaking cool. :geek:

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't play video games back then but I sure watched TV. Hey Arnold, Rocko's Modern Life, and Angry Beavers were my favourate. You just can't compare 90s Nick with 00's Nick...Its...crap... :cry:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[hide=]

My favourite game was "trouble" yeah .. how high tech was that game ;) a dice in a bubble dome and also a giant snakes and ladders mat a few metres wide.

You mean this game, excuse the cobwebs. ;)

dsc00043smallxt4.th.png

Wow, this makes me feel a bit old ^_^

Was born in 1984.. almost 24 years ago.

Am I the only weird one here who remembers Pogs? I used to collect them when I was a kid.

Yeah I remember pogs, collected them to, and played alot, I was the best with my metal limited edition poisen pirate slammer. ;) Haha.

Other crazes that went through my primary was yo-yos (real flash ones, haha), chatter rings, pogs (we called them caps), Koosh balls. We even had this awesome wooden car track that went down this big hill at school, four lanes, twisted around each other. And at the bottom there was a concrete drain, I lost so many cars down there. :(

[/hide]

We still have that exact trouble! I remember the box well, fantastic game. Years of my childhood were spent playing the original monopoly and cluedo at my grandma's house with the cousins. Great times.

Anyone remember the tv show mighty ducks? Not the movie, the animated cartoon. Used to like that, as well as most of the shows mentioned before.

Cheese TV anyone? Only those from Australia would know it, possibly NZ. It was the show in the morning that broadcasted all of the good cartoons, channel 10. Used to love getting up early to watch them whilst eating my breaky. I always used to ring up for those competitions too, but to no avail. One of my best friends won one of the competitions once, i forget what he won though.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

I used to Remember I LOVED Courage the Cowardly Dog also Dexter Laboratory, Flinstones, and Pokemon where there were only 150 of them, oh and DIGIMON all of the series.

OH AND INVADER ZIM!!!!

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

OMG! Ren & Stimpy![hide]

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs

Rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What's great for a snack and fits on your back?

It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!

Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!

Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log![/hide]

I don't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I can recite the entire opening theme to Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

HAHA! I have Season 1&2 DVD of Ren & Stimpy ^_^ Also have the Happy Happy Joy Joy Song somehwere as an mp3. "I don't think you're happy enough! That's right! I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"

I can recite the opening theme to Fresh Prince in my sleep. I think I've done it before actually lol. -sigh- I had such a crush on Will Smith when I was little.

You're all forgetting Goosebumps! Haha, I loved those books, started to read them when I was about six I think. They were what got me into reading (although I haven't read a book for over a year now, never find the time). I remember staying up late one night reading them, and it got me so [cabbage] scared I slammed the book shut and threw it under my bed, and it stayed under there for weeks until I picked it up again.

I read a bunch of those books when I was little. Also the Babysitters' Club books. At least until I turned 10-ish and found out that Pet Sematary was a book.

Animorphs!!!!! Hahahaha, damn man, I'm getting far too excited reminissing.

I never got into those, but I had a friend with an entire collection of those books. I mean, Every single book he had (and still has, to my knowledge) in his collection.

This is the song that never ends

Yes it goes on and on my Friend

Some people, started signing it not knowing what it was

And they'll continue signing it forever just cause... x3249153465384574821903357345983275815

Haha, Lamb Chops!

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

Ah yes, Cheez TV :). Every morning I would watch that. Jay and Ryan (I think) were so cool back then. Where are they now?

But one thing I hated was when they would cut Pokemon in the middle of a season and start from the start of season 1 again. :lol: .

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Aww.. I miss all this stuff lol. I was really into animorphs and pogs, and pokemon and everything else. Heh, kinda wish I did more stuff as a kid. :(

[hide=how could you forget these?]spice-girls_4.Jpg

backstreet_boys_b00000053x.jpg

nsync_usa_cover.jpg

tamagotchi.jpg

windows-95-bootscreen.gif[/hide]

Probably forgetting a dozen more things, but it's late, and I'm tired of thinking. :P

here's a bit of a list

gears n gadgets

Captain planet

skifree

I remember until 2003 all my schools computers were windows 95

n64 consoles. My brother got one originally for 200$ and a few years ago I bought a used one for 12$

the world is not enough for n64. I played that till a year ago.

Original super smash bros

gameboy color and black and white

56 mb or less of ram on computers

Pokemon. I remember the price guides for cards, a foil charizard 1st edition was like 400$

I still have a few rare card

Some are probably early '00s but that's my childhood

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Ah yes, Cheez TV :). Every morning I would watch that. Jay and Ryan (I think) were so cool back then. Where are they now?

But one thing I hated was when they would cut Pokemon in the middle of a season and start from the start of season 1 again. :lol: .

hahahah! farout I totally forgot about them. I stopped watching morning cartoons after they quit. bring them back! :thumbsup:

kirby-sig.gif

Jade Gatt and Ryan Lappin according to wikipedia. I wonder what they are doing now, good question. Clearly the show was in its prime in the late 90's, when all the good shows were on. I had no idea it was still going until 2005. Toasted TV.... just not good enough. I like the fact that they ran with the culinary theme though.

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

good topic

its funny i was talking to my flatmates the other day about which shows and movies had a bigger cultural influence on our generation. what do you guys think:

Simpsons or friends? both have been on tv consistently as far back as i remember

Borat or napoleon dynamite?

anchorman or something else which i cant remember

i went for simpsons, borat and anchorman, i think they define or generation well

NICKELEY102.png

Oh, man! It's Angry Beavers! I love that show!!!!

On the topic of video games, I had a Gameboy Colour, and loved the old Pokemon games. Does anyone else think that the new ones abo[bleep]ely suck and that green, blue and red were the best?

Nadril, I loved those old pics, I remember some of those really, really old games. They're amazing too =)

God, what good times I had as a kindergarten kid. =P

Hey Arnold! Was THE CABBAGE

Yeah, no kidding. Another great show.

Unfortunately, my TV has been disconnected for, like, seven years now, so those are the only shows I've ever seen on TV. TV nowadays absolutely sucks. There are some okay comedies on, and everything else is just bad. Like, really bad.

lSEHB.gif

Being immature is a part of being mature.

Yeah man, 90's Nick TV was awesome. I feel sorry for kids today, I really do.

I was born in '88 and some of my best memories of course involve all the great games back then. It was a pretty different industry, because creating a game was incredibly cheap (get a couple of nerds with a PC) so many unique games were created. Of course, a lot of turds as well -- but yeah.

[hide=DOS Games]aliencarnage.gif

Alien Carnage. <3

blake.gif

Blake Stone. Really under-rated FPS for its time.

darkforces.gif

Dark Forces, of course.

descent.gif

Descent. Sorry about the small image, but it was the first to really make me dizzy -- so much fun.

duke3d.jpg

Duke 3D, no explanation needed.

keen4.gif

Commander Keen was incredible, one of the best DOS side scrollers.

cosmo.jpg

Cosmos :lol: . Not sure if anyone remembers this game, I used to play it all the time as a kid.

darkages.gif

Dark ages.

duke2.gif

Duke Nukem II, hell yes. He kicked [wagon] before he was 3D.

jazz.gif

Jazz Jackrabbit.. never knew what happened to that series, just died off.

jill.gif

Jill of the Jungle, man almost forgot about this one.

monsterbash.jpg

Monster Bash.

kenslab.jpg

Ken's Laboratory.

I left off some of the well-known DOS games like Doom and Quake[/hide]

I could go on for ages as well reminiscing about my old NES and such as well, but DOS was what really introduced me into gaming.

I've got a disc which came with a windows 95 PC that we got when I was 5, and it has about 3/4 of those games on. And I think its testament to just how good the games are that I still have the disc, and still play some of the games 11 years later.

Tk5SF.png

Whoa, I remember a whole load of those shows... especially, the one i watched very day...

Captain Planet, hes a hero, gonna take pollution down to the zero, gonna help us put a stop to bad guy who like to... (something, never understood the 2 things they liked to do)

Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, HEART!

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Secret world of Alex Mac; Round The Twist (never really liked it but damn did a lot of other kids).

Garfield & Friends was a never good show on just after / before Cheez TV; then it vanished :(

Whoa, I remember a whole load of those shows... especially, the one i watched very day...

Captain Planet, hes a hero, gonna take pollution down to the zero, gonna help us put a stop to bad guy who like to... (something, never understood the 2 things they liked to do)

Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, HEART!

Aha! that was the show I was trying to think of. I loved that show. Just watched the intro on youtube. my god that show was amazing... brings back so many memories... why'd they get rid of it?

oh and does anyone remember that show with the superhero dogs? forgot what it was called. I loved that show until they replaced it with Krypto and some crazy cat show in early 2000s #-o

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Pinky and the Brain was the best damn show I ever saw.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I was born in 1991. Just 2 shows that haven't been mentioned that I think are important:

All That (before it turned into the dark, absurdist, joke-is-that-there's-no-joke crap that it is now)

Kenan and Kel

Who loves orange soda?

Kel loves orange soda.

Is it true? mmHmm

I do, I do, I do, ooh!

*proceeds to drink orange soda*

Iirc, FOX News didn't exist back then. Doesn't that little tidbit speak volumes?

And I still remember when Britney Spears the song Lucky. I still think it's one of the best songs I've ever heard. Speaking of music, there were the backstreet boys, west life, the spice girls, and ABBA. Not that I really paid attention, back then I liked listening to the Beatles.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

Ah, I remember all these things like it was yesterday. I unfortunately was born in '92 so I missed a few here and there :oops: , but everything else I remember perfectly, especially those Pogs #-o . I remember watching goosebumps on TV when I was younger (or was it Are you afraid of the Dark?) and running and hiding under my sheets. Also, anyone remember that "Aah! Real Monsters!" show? I sadly do not have any pictures of my childhood memories. :cry:

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

This brings back memories.

I have a shoe box with all the pokemon cards I bought back then; haven't looked at them in forever, but it's there.

Also, who can forget Toonami? Dragon Ball Z ran my life for a couple years when it was on Toonami. And who can forget the other great shows in there? (Jonny Quest, Thundercats, etc.)

And Swat Kats! I loved that show, just too bad it's hard to find anymore. Hasn't been on TV in forever.

I could go on and on, but I won't.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png