A child of the 90's, this is what shaped my world.(few pics)

jessy87

Pingu

Lmao, I swear this is the sweetest show for kids. Any parent can let their kid watch it without worries, it's a carefully animated cartoon that follows the life of a penguin family. I watched this sometimes with my cousins who are way younger, doubt it's known at all to born-Americans though.

Pingu was my favorite.

And I still laugh at it when I see these videos on tv :)

I remember this one vividly:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=oTWv63RyLP8

The 'Noot Noot Noot' at 2:01-2:03. Priceless.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pingu

Lmao, I swear this is the sweetest show for kids. Any parent can let their kid watch it without worries, it's a carefully animated cartoon that follows the life of a penguin family. I watched this sometimes with my cousins who are way younger, doubt it's known at all to born-Americans though.

Pingu was my favorite.

And I still laugh at it when I see these videos on tv :)

I remember this one vividly:

oTWv63RyLP8

The 'Noot Noot Noot' at 2:01-2:03. Priceless.

fixed =P

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

+1 for teh hemanz. I used to love him. <3: Anyone recall Kenan and Kell? Not shure about the spelling, but orange soda! And Hey Arnold. <3:<3:

The one strongest musical influence in my childhood, due to my sister was..

backstreetboysbackstreetbackfr.jpg

Looking at those pictures was like a time warp back. I was born September 1989. I remember Doug, Hey Arnold, Rugrats, Catdog, Wild Thornberries, Sonic, Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Cow and Chicken, I.M Weasel, Tom and Jerry, Double Dare 2000, Legend of the Hidden Temple, Rocket Power, All That, and Kenan and Kel.

Jazz Jackrabbit was one of my favorite games ever. The floating Silver Snake thingies in the Orbitus level scared me as a kid :oops: . To the person who posted about it not knowing what happened to the series, there's a Jazz Jackrabbit 2 computer game, I remember getting it for christmas once <3:. Supposedly, a Jazz 3D was in development but it got cancelled.

And for anyone who says Nickelodeon is nothing but crap now, 4 words, Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

Hanson.

Pog.

Crazy Bones!(anyone?)

and this lovely song

"New Kids On The block,had a bunch of hits

Chinese food makes me sick.

And I think it's fly when girls stop by for the summer,for the summer

I like girls that wear Abercrombie and Fitch,

I'd take her if I had one wish,

But she's been gone since that summer..

Since that summer"

Look its rob!

I remember a mega old indiana jones game for pc, and me and my brothern ever could beat it, because these spiders jumped down on you at one point, and we were scared of them lol.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

I was born in late '89. These are my memories from Britain in the 90s, maybe not exclusive to that decade but definitely there

Pogs (I can't remember for my life what they were for though!!)

The yo-yo craze at school, they were banned for no reason.

Power Rangers (caught singing the themetune by one of my friends - "that's a boy's song!!")

Roller Blades

Curtain haircuts

Terrible pop bands. Vengaboys anyone? A1? And of course Steps!

Remote controlled cars

Waking up for Live & Kickin' on Saturday morning, it'll always be the best Saturday morning kids show.

"Mitch" - I think that was his name. He was the guy that did all the voiceovers and announcing on all the BBC shows, from Live & Kickin' to the National Lottery. Nobody knew what he looked like.

When the TOTP themetune was still good. I remember one day on TOTP, the girl presenting it got really excited about one of the old boy bands cos they played their own instruments!!!!!

Tapes. When they actually sold tapes in the big stores. They also still sold vinyls. <3:

And video cassettes of course, if you didn't have a video player you were screwed.

Home videos on home video cassettes, filmed with big old heavy wooden camcorders. Sitting down with the whole family at Christmas to watch.

K'nex. Some people in my year 4 class were really good

"Saturday night, and I love the way you move, pretty baby..." Does anyone remember the dance to that? Wasn't a patch on the Macarena.

At the school disco where they played songs like Sex On The Beach. To like, 8 year olds. But cos we were innocent it just didn't matter. I remember refusing to dance to it "cos it's rude!!" but I didn't really know why back then. We all automatically knew the dance to Oops Upside Your Head though, even though it was like 12 years before we were all born...

Spice Girls

I like to pretend that one didn't happen. I really didn't like them.

Refusing to watch Titanic because it was a 12, and I was 8

I dunno if she was 90s, but Billie Piper when she was a popstar. And Mambo No. 5!! And 5,6,7,8... I'm blue dabadee dabadyee... Terrible, classic tunes.

It's surprising how much I remember when I think about it, I never really thought about the '90s as being a good decade because well let's face it, the music was crap. (yes, I do judge decades by their music...) But, well, it WAS my childhood.

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.

I was born in '93 and i used to love watching things like the original "Scooby Doo" and the original episodes of pokemon based around yellow, red and blue. Lol. I remember the craze of marbles very well as well at our primary school =D . I was one of the best, but then they got banned after some random kid new to the school decided to start throwing them -.- . It was great back then though, whole childhood ahead of them, so much to discover.

Life back then was grand! :D

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

The kids these days need to take in some of the old life. They never got the cartoons we had.

P.S. Was Freakazoid fast? I went through my whole life having one picture of Freakazoid on top of a building in my head plus his name. I knew I wasnt crazy! It was a mental picture.

GG.gif

Hey guys... SWAT Cats!

And I think they should bring back Captain Planet, never has he been needed more!

Captain Planet was right! We didn't listen.. We didn't listen!

Good memories from these shows, and man thanks Nadril for reminding me of that game.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Hey guys... SWAT Cats!

And I think they should bring back Captain Planet, never has he been needed more!

Captain Planet was right! We didn't listen.. We didn't listen!

Good memories from these shows, and man thanks Nadril for reminding me of that game.

Captain planet, hes our hero, gonna take pollution down to zero! ::'

n64-goldeneye.png

I used to play Goldeneye on the N64 with my cousin. ah, good times. <3:

I remember playing that with my friend on his playstation (at least I think it was)

and I remember playing an SNES and thinking how awesome the graphics were

ya making me want the 90's back :cry:

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

n64-goldeneye.png

I used to play Goldeneye on the N64 with my cousin. ah, good times. <3:

I remember playing that with my friend on his playstation (at least I think it was)

and I remember playing an SNES and thinking how awesome the graphics were

ya making me want the 90's back :cry:

Goldeneye was good... until perfect dark came out. I remeber wondering how 1st person shooters could possibly get any better. How wrong i was

NICKELEY102.png

im a product of march '92

tv shows i remember:

-Rocko's Modern Life Rocked so much i would pay everyhting i have to see an episode right now! Infact im gunna download them!

-tmnt

-wild thornberries

-hey arnold

-the angry beavers (remember it a bit)

-budge the little helicopter (Watched it everyday when i was little! I have a cravving to watch it now lol)

-thomos the tank engine was the best

-rugrats

-captin planet

i never had pay tv so i saw them a while after everyone else did on nick lol.

for all you aussie cheese tv rocked! i stopped watching morning cartoons the minute they canceled it and replaced it with whatever the new crappy gay one they have on now is. i almost cried when they canceled it :(

i also remember playing jazz jackrabbit on my win 98 pc!! (game was probebly old by then lol)

i remember reading a couple goosebumps books. they were ones you ahd to like choose what to do (if you do this goto page 50, if you do taht goto page 98) right?

childhood rocked!

I was born in '91. All this talk about the 90's got me reminiscing. I still remember all the old TV show's episodes but i especially remember our dos pc. I used to play all the apogee games like duke and cosmo (I have never seen the full version of this anywhere) and the classic doom (and they violence is corrupting our youth; too late) I even have a Win 98 to play them on. Whenever i turn it on i realize wow '98 was 10 years ago its crazy to think i still play games from when i was that young.

fps before mouse and keyboard ftw!