our bandos gdw situation

Great_one

while i was on a few trips the other day to bandos godwars i noticed something that had never ocured before, while searching for a world at the earky peek time of day, i found out of all the lootshare worlds i checked that none where empty, or even close to empty for that matter.

so right now your probably thinking something on the lines of, "this nub probably only checked 2 worlds, just close this right now this guy is a stupid noob that i could pwnzor any time of day" i have to answer you with a serious, no. i checked ,i counted, HAlf of every members lootshare world with my two other partners checking another fourth. there were no worlds even close to being even crashable with 3 level 110+'s. (i also checked a german world too!)

so there are a few reasons i believe this is happening:

-the obvious easy of acess to bandos, but this has been forever and it wasnt As crouwded before, but this is the entry to the way other reasons work

-with item leanding in place there is an ease of getting morew godswords on a team, extending trips by making faster kills.

-with item lending there are people wanting to try out the loaned godsword, also another big one

-the new ease of getting a team, in the events forum there is now a bandos sticky. in this sticky it is posable to egt a team in no longer than 15min if you are 100+ combat and no longer than 10min if you are 110+ combat, within the first day or two(not sure but i think it was one day) the bados sticky had over 2k posts while the othere were laging behind in the 1,2, and 3 hundreds

so, what i want to discus is

1. why such the influx in bandos gdw'ers

2. what will happed due to the influx

3. is there any way to fix this problem of getting a free world to bandos in(this include what JaGex can do)

Y_Z.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah there are about 50 threads about this.... why not post there?

did you read the tread? this is not even stating prices...this is a tread discusing the influx of player doing bandos and about how it is now a problem that if you cant crash you cant bandos

Y_Z.png

We all know Bandos is overcrowded. It's because the rewards outweigh the work you put into it. In order for the problem to be fixed, Jagex would have to introduce an even better moneymaking method.

Thats very interesting, in my personal opinion its because its more rewarding than the other bosses. What i mean is that, for example, Armadyl godsword is the most expensive gs, but you need a very good range lvl and the killcount is the hardest one to get. But the Bandos one is different, you can just melee him, the kill count can be easly evaded killing goblins and you have more chances of getting a good drop (Bandos hilt isnt the only good drop from this guy, the bandos armour is expensive too).

So i think that as you can get more easy money with the Bandos boss with just some good combat stats (that nearly every 100+ have) and not mentioning the supplies are cheaper too.

signaturews1.png

Proud owner of a Questcape

It's because Bandos is so easy. He needs to switch targets with his melee, and then it wouldn't be nearly as easy to camp.

There are a bunch of reasons that sum up to making bandos the best gwd boss.

• [*:3ugd0tqx]Easy requirements (a lot of people have 70+ strength...)

[*:3ugd0tqx]Easy killcount (goblins, hobgoblins)

[*:3ugd0tqx]Multiple high level drops (kril lacks this for example)

[*:3ugd0tqx]Easy tanking/killing.

Bandos was crowded in every single members world far before item lending.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Because he is so easy. If the reqs were higher, say 70 str and 70 mining (mining requires strength IRL, would go well), there would be VERY few people

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

IMO make ~4 of each boss rooms in each world.

Where would they all fit?

another place like our pohs ;)

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

Um...Bandos has been this packed for months.

It's the a fairly easy boss, and it's the boss most people start out on.

Ever try looking for a bandos world on the weekend? The teams all have like 10 people.

Luckily somehow I found an empty world today, I was shocked.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

It's because Bandos is so easy. He needs to switch targets with his melee, and then it wouldn't be nearly as easy to camp.

afaik, if you get a group of ppl in saradomin and zamorak dungeon without running, they'll do the same thing. bandos just needs a stronger alternate attack.

1. why such the influx in bandos gdw'ers

It's so easy to get in, unlike saradomin (70 agility, high range, good gear etc, armadyl (high range, good gear) also you dont kill some [bleep]ing goblin lvl 12s =|

2. what will happed due to the influx

probably lowe price of bandos, but not that much lol.

3. is there any way to fix this problem of getting a free world to bandos in(this include what JaGex can do)

add more room with more boss? but that would suck =|

or need higher requirments, 90+ str and whatnot.

oie_080707215636np9.png

Ask some simple questions, get some simple answers:

1) Strength most common combat stat trained, most members have 70+ in it. Easy KC, and easiest GWD boss overall, with 4 independent drops.

2) Same thing that happened when Dagannoth Kings were first released, even though its almost been a year since GWD was released.

3) All worlds should have access to Lootshare, that simple. Only reason Jagex won't do that is because they want players to only do the thing specified in the themed worlds. Not like that stops woodcutters from cutting Yew trees in World 2 or whatnot, but still.

1) Strength most common combat stat trained, most members have 70+ in it. Easy KC, and easiest GWD boss overall, with 4 independent drops.

2) Same thing that happened when Dagannoth Kings were first released, even though its almost been a year since GWD was released.

3) All worlds should have access to Lootshare, that simple. Only reason Jagex won't do that is because they want players to only do the thing specified in the themed worlds. Not like that stops woodcutters from cutting Yew trees in World 2 or whatnot, but still.

Don't forget the soloers :) They don't use lootshare.

The influx of people doing Bandos is due to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akiRaxPMrxo

Bandos is really easy compared to other bosses. It will inevitably lead to prices in Bandos items going down.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

*Cough soloers cough*?

Hell even the themed worlds are filling up with teams hoping to get a drop without ls/cs. If you made them all ls then it wouldnt fix any problem at all, they would still all be full. Only you would have caused soloing to die. If i can kill it by myself why should I be forced to join a team?

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)

i agree that there are very few ways to actualy solve this problem. higher requirements, i like the 70 mining instead.i personaly dont think that multiple boss rooms wouldnt work, it would be to complicated. and bandos could use a decent mage atack....that would max at say...20

i would also like to state that world were full but never THIS full. from my expirience trying to get a world at around the the sime time of day a month or two ago would take about 5-10min. i searched for an easy 30min looking for a world and ended up not even getting one

Y_Z.png

IMO Make Godwars like fightcaves. you dont see 30 people in fightcaves attempting jad in same world do you? so have it so you go in the persons clan chat and you go in room and its only your team in there meaning nobody can crash, and if someone is late to trip all they do is wait outside until their lootshare is toggled and they walk in.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

IMO Make Godwars like fightcaves. you dont see 30 people in fightcaves attempting jad in same world do you? so have it so you go in the persons clan chat and you go in room and its only your team in there meaning nobody can crash, and if someone is late to trip all they do is wait outside until their lootshare is toggled and they walk in.

that would work. but doesnt that make it a bit TO easy to find a world. there has to be the option of being crashed, becuase without it, it would bring in even more ppl to do bandos, and that is where the prices come in and start going down even faster

Y_Z.png

that would work. but doesnt that make it a bit TO easy to find a world. there has to be the option of being crashed, becuase without it, it would bring in even more ppl to do bandos, and that is where the prices come in and start going down even faster

Change the drop rate or make bandos harder.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png