Wannabe Moderators.

gongusan

You give a bad name for Silo's everywhere. If you just followed the rules their would be no problem, I know saying rude and crude jokes should definately be allowed the cheap laughs can never be replaced :roll:. Sure, Wanna be's are annoying but it's not difficult to obey the rules in the first place.

Nice RS name. And most ppl who are reported by wbm's do follow the rules but are reported by things like the example in the OP.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its the main reason use IRC, because CC is rubbish and jagex's rules ain't much better. I got a black mark once for asking someone what country they where from. Hardly personal lol (although I did appeal and got it removed). Never been in a public one since.

TERA.pngtera2.gif

tera.pngsig_corner.png

Thanks Gradeskip93 for my awesome sig!

love them or hate them, the fact of the matter is your not allowed to hit them with a shovel :|

Loving that quote by the way.

I only report people when I know for definite that they are breaking the rules. I don't report people who seem to be in the grey area, if I don't know the full story I won't report, I don't want to risk innocent accounts because we all know jagex can get a bit mute/ban happy. In my Runescape life no-one has ever said to me I'm reporting you. I do think people who report people for no good reason apart from to become mods need to get a life and step away from the mirror. There are a percentage of Runescape players who are gits, plain and simple.

This does not really affect me, Never go into other people chat's, hardly joke around, and hardly talk if I'm in a Public Place. But I did get a temp mute once for saying "Where do I live?" I only report if they spam websites like ex "Free RS 3 Beta go to etc."

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Theres a difference between a 'wannabe moderator' and someone who simply reports you for breeching the rules...

The way i see it, this thread was made because you broke a rule, and are simply choosing to bear a grudge on the person who did this to you.

First of all, how do you define a wannabe moderator?

This is how i'd define one;

A player who seeks out or purposely choose locations where there is a high likelihood of players breaking the rules. This player than reports all players they see in this location for anything they deem as breaking the rules - from a simple typing error resulting in the use of the filter, all the way to people asking others for their passwords..

How do you define a player who reports you but is not a 'wannabe' mod?

... A regular player, who does not seek out players for the sole reason of reporting, and happens to 'pass by' a rule breaker, and simply report them, before moving on.

Many 'wannabe' mods often have this course of 'lecturing' the rule breaker once they have reported them. They are kidded into believing Jagex are actually going to read what is it they are saying to them... Whereas a regular player who reports will just continue on their way.

To be honest, there are probably a darn site more 'regular players' who report more often than 'wannabe' mods, as they believe to do it in the spirit of the game, not for this 'player status symbol'.

My advise to anyone who wants to avoid these 'wannabe' mods is...Dont even imply to break the rules... Simple.

I keep all chats and stuff on "Friends" and never talk. Try to report me! Funny though if this is their goal. They need a new rule in place of all the old ones about chat, "Do not talk. For talking is what the Devil wants you to do!(Use the fancy quick-talk instead! You can use all your favourite phrases like 'Hi!' 'Thanks!' and 'Good Bye!', isn't that just awesome.)"

DjMike.png

i report ppl when they do stuff against the rules. i even report when someone says tip.it, if that makes me a wanabie mod, then so be it. i would never go as far to look for things to report tho, only things that are definatly against the rules.

Y_Z.png

Sure, wannabe mods can be anoying, but if no one ever reported rule breakers, and just let people swear, spam etc, I would not like to see RS.

I went to a friends house and played halo 2 online, it was awful. There are the 'hardcore gamers' that are like ' dude what the f! you fing killed me you mother fer i hate your fing guts, get a fing life.' And of cource, with no way to report them, they'll just keep going and going.

So, sometimes it takes something like a bunch of wanna be mods to keep the game within reason. With the fear of getting reported, you are alot less likely to break the rules.

And yes, I am a P mod, and I have had many people ranting to me about wannabe mods and mods

Did you know Runescape has a censor?

This discussion has nothing to do with rule-breakers, its about people who report for saying "dude what timezeone are you in, ure never on when i am"

tbh, in i even have to use stuff like "I have 14 party hats" to say my age cause im scared of wbms. But its true, theyre everywhere. I really, really hate people who report for simple things. Oh btw its not just wanna-be mods, i know player mods who are like that as well. no offence to all player mods, there are some very nice/great playermods.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Hey I got banned from my clan chat, It's so unfair! The guy who reported me was such a wbm. What a jerk, I posted it in general discussion because I want people to agree with me so I know I'm right!

Dude grow up. Obey the rules. They're there for a reason.

awesomeaa9.png

WBM's or people who report you for saying anything that could in the slightest way be offensive, are the very reason I avoid almost all communication in this game. To me, I don't want to risk my 7 years of playtime for being myself. Instead, I sit in vent with my WoW guild, where I can joke around without the fear of being shot down by some WBM who really didn't find what I said offensive, who instead just wants a silver crown next to his name to extend the size of his e-peen.

Foooman.png

i hate wanna be mods. even if i had the choice of being a pmod i would chose not to. being a pmod makes other ppl treat u differently in the game... players towards pmods r nicer and just not as fun... like they wont say anything wrong...

hate wbm's they got bonze banned for 2 days and muted for 15. all for saying i hate one bunny of mine 'cuz he's a jack and for saying a buddy claims he has diplomatic immunity. damn wbms

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

They are annoying, and I too once received 1/10 of an undeserved black mark because of someone that was a bit too happy with the report button. As 3_hit_U mentioned, however if it makes you feel any better those reports do nothing to increase their chances of becoming a Pmod.

Dear Gongusan,

Please remember that these people are enforcing the rules of RuneScape, making it a nicer place for everyone who plays. If you do not wish to follow these rules, Jagex will find out, thanks to these people, and punish you accordingly. If you see someone abusing the report system, you may report them for rule #10, misuse of customer support.

Goodbye and happy RuneScaping! :D

^ And that, is an example of what I see on forums that makes me want to tear people's souls in half.

Dear Gongusan,

Please remember that these people are enforcing the rules of RuneScape, making it a nicer place for everyone who plays. If you do not wish to follow these rules, Jagex will find out, thanks to these people, and punish you accordingly. If you see someone abusing the report system, you may report them for rule #10, misuse of customer support.

^ And that, is an example of what I see on forums that makes me want to tear people's souls in half.

When I first started reading your post, I wanted to start a flame war so bad. Then I laughed when I saw your last sentence.

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

how do you think mods become mods, by sitting there just letting all those little things go :roll:

you were talking about someone irl and you expecialy used to phrase "where you live" this, if reported automaticly is a big warning sign for the sencors at Jagex.

just a few tips to live by-

-NEVER talk about you or someone else irl

-NEVER avoid the sencor to say anything

-NEVER adverize

-NEVER scam

follow these rules and there is basicly no way to get muted

ps. i really think your all being babies about this, even if you slip up or YOU dont think it is against the rules, take a good non-bias look at the edvidence and you will see that it is technicly against the rules.

look from jagex's point of view, this is a world full of creeps that can stalk the web and games to find kids, it probably doesnt happen much in rs but it is inevitably a massive chat room

Y_Z.png

just a few tips to live by-

-NEVER talk about you or someone else irl

-NEVER avoid the sencor to say anything

-NEVER adverize

-NEVER scam

Ultimate collection of typos.

Although I do agree about breaking the rules and getting punished is fair, but the way these forum mod wannabes act annoys me to no limit

Look at the big picture, wannabe moderators are not the problem. Jagex is the one who made the rules. Jagex is the one misinterpreting. Jagex is the one approving these people's reports. There always are going to be kiss [wagon], that in itself is not a problem, the problem arises when the kiss [wagon] actually succeed.

2480+ total

Dear Gongusan,

I was about to bash you so bad till i read your last sentence :lol:

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

i think pmods are a bunch of jerks. i dont care what they say in response to that.

if you ask me i think the people that got those people banned were pmods. not your average joe player because your average joe player doesnt have priority reports/reporting, pmods do; and that IS probably what happened. of course they wouldnt admit it.

i would rather see pmods warn someone; then, let it go and drop it. unless it's very serious. but i have NEVER seen that happen, the 1 time i've seen someone warned it was for language but it was clearly needed and these players were high lvled and the warning was probably said because it was obvious it needed to be said, with the pmod being there. many times i've seen pmods egg people on and play like a cat with a mouse knowing that they're going to report the person or mute the person and they sure did.

pmods are a bunch of jerks and do very little for the game; since all the bases are covered with using your ignore system and these players could do the same thing they're doing without the crown. their effect on the game is more negative than positive. that's probably why jagex is adjusting their blackmark system, for mutes recently and for the gradual elimination of past marks, to makeup for all the idiotic black marks people have gotten due to stupid pmods. i for one, when i see a pmod around i dont say a thing. i dont talk to them or go to chats with pmods in them.

seems to me a lot of the pmods are in it for the attention they get. and the type of person that reports people for stupid reasons. i dont think they do a good job picking the mods and i'll say that straight up. of course there are people that do deserve to be mods and their intentions are good but good pmods are the exception to the rule when it comes to pmods.

as far as i'm concerned, i'll never see pmods as a good thing. the idea was maybe well-intentioned; but in practice it just leads to stupid abuses of power. and i know pmods will say they have checks and balances to keep mods in line and everything. imo i think that's a bunch of bull. because i know what i've seen from nearly every pmod jagex has picked.

the sad thing is the people that really deserve to be punished arent and the one's that shouldnt be are; way too many cases of that.

another thing i've seen is pmods make excuses like "hey, we're players too" and that's their "priority". fine that's cool; so they're selective about who and what they report sounds like a bunch of bull....

i've seen people make requests to pmods and largely they're ignored. so, yeah poor opressed pmods. not. in it for themselves and most of them are not good people neither kind nor knowledgeable.

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

If you're going to say anything remotely close to a rulebreak/something that could be interpreted the wrong way then say it in private chat, it's common sense. There are "wannabe mods" in every game and they keep the amount of rulebreakers down in all games.

K... there's this guy whose story I read in a thread similar to this. He, his wife and his kid were all playing, and he told his kid something about "I love your mom" in conversation of something, and someone reported him for it :anxious:

newsigac5.png

:thumbdown:

One got me banned once for a [cabbage] reason.

I've hated 'em since.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

Wannabe mods got my old main too.

I think they should at least ask you to stop doing something if they think its bad, instead of straight out reporting you, because nine times out of ten, you will be punished without jagex even looking at what you did wrong (which may even be nothing). Or course i had my revenge, including on moderators in the clan chat that got me banned, by wbm'ing back at them...

never saw that mod back yet...

i250746823_89474_2.jpg

I love this sig.

Vincent, I'd like to say that your post is nothing more than a lot of baseless nonsense. But you probably knew that already.

The real problem is in the rules, there will always be people everywhere who want and will do everything to make others stick to the rules. I personally believe that some rules (Personal details, Website Advertising (When related to clans and helpsites, and not done so in a spammy way) and offensive language, which is not directed at a specific person or group.) are useless and I don't report for them if I come across them.

However, I do understand why JaGEx has these rules. I don't know how it's in other countries, but here in the Netherlands it's often runescape (out of all the online games), which comes into the news into a bad way. (A little while ago two kids beat some other guy up, because they wanted his account. They found out where he lived through runescape. Hence, the personal details rule.

What I hope happens is that due to some changes lately; Quick-Chat, under 13s able to make accounts, they will soften up the rules. Why? Because the under 13s will have broken rules if they made a non-QC-only account, therefore, JaGEx is not resposible. And JaGEx is a company, who makes extremely strict rules to prevent responsibility for situations which common sense would have prevented.

Until then, just make sure you stick to the rules and handle delicate stuff in private chat.

(Yes, I AM a pmod)

Aurei_Animus.png