Today...

Leoo

I had been saving for computer parts to buld this pc for some time now, which is kind of hard because I don't have a job right now and electronics stuff here is VERY expensive compared to USA.

- Intel Core i5 760

- GeForce GTS 450 1gb

- 4GB DDR3 1600MHz G. Skill

- 500gb Hdd Western Digital Sata II 7200 rpm

- Intel DH55PJ Classic Series Micro-ATX

- VTC 8024 + 600w

Today my dad told me that he will buy it for me for my birthday next week :thumbup:

That's a strange choice of parts. IMO you will get much better value for money if you go with a sandy bridge build. i5 2500s are the same price as i5 760 here, I assume it would be similar wherever you are. Then you could save some money by avoiding the 'specially designed' 1155/1156 ram and sticking to 1333 which will give the same performance, so then you can afford a decent graphics card.

Just my 2c anyway.

The special RAM thing is just marketing [cabbage], any pair of DDR3 sticks will work on a SB build. But I do agree, if you can get the 2500k for the same price it's a better option. You'll also get a lot more out of a 550 for about 20 more, but if you can't order from newegg, the 450 can handle most games at reduced settings.

Not that this is entirely on this topic, but is there a website that sells computer parts? I know nothing of names or numbers, but I figure I may as well look at prices for parts.

Today... was boring. Went to work. That's about it <_<

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

This post brought to you from a field somewhere in central Scotland after a 21st birthday party got slightly out of hand.

I'm having a little browse of the net on my phone to work out exactly where we are and to work out wether or no we can get back.to civilisation by dawn. Cracking night regardless.

Haha sounds awesome.

My car is currently out of commission, some sort of radiator/over heating problems. Hopefully it can be fixed with little expense. Better not be write off... Especially seeing as I have very little money to replace it.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Tried to get a raise today. My boss's boss is trying to cut back on employees, resulting in the downsizing of virtually all of the people I hired recently. Obviously, this means no raise.

Balls.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I had been saving for computer parts to buld this pc for some time now, which is kind of hard because I don't have a job right now and electronics stuff here is VERY expensive compared to USA.

- Intel Core i5 760

- GeForce GTS 450 1gb

- 4GB DDR3 1600MHz G. Skill

- 500gb Hdd Western Digital Sata II 7200 rpm

- Intel DH55PJ Classic Series Micro-ATX

- VTC 8024 + 600w

Today my dad told me that he will buy it for me for my birthday next week :thumbup:

That's a strange choice of parts. IMO you will get much better value for money if you go with a sandy bridge build. i5 2500s are the same price as i5 760 here, I assume it would be similar wherever you are. Then you could save some money by avoiding the 'specially designed' 1155/1156 ram and sticking to 1333 which will give the same performance, so then you can afford a decent graphics card.

Just my 2c anyway.

The special RAM thing is just marketing [cabbage], any pair of DDR3 sticks will work on a SB build. But I do agree, if you can get the 2500k for the same price it's a better option. You'll also get a lot more out of a 550 for about 20 more, but if you can't order from newegg, the 450 can handle most games at reduced settings.

Not that this is entirely on this topic, but is there a website that sells computer parts? I know nothing of names or numbers, but I figure I may as well look at prices for parts.

Today... was boring. Went to work. That's about it <_<

Newegg is the generally accepted place to get computer parts.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Starting last night, I'm on a week-long Half-Life gaming binge, beating the entire series, not counting HL1 expansions. Currently almost done with HL1.

I'd recommend you at least do Opposing force. You'd be missing in on some important story other wise.

Starting last night, I'm on a week-long Half-Life gaming binge, beating the entire series, not counting HL1 expansions. Currently almost done with HL1.

I'd recommend you at least do Opposing force. You'd be missing in on some important story other wise.

I'd take your advice, but unfortunately I don't have a way to buy it atm. Oh well, I guess that's what HL Wiki is for...

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I'd take your advice, but unfortunately I don't have a way to buy it atm. Oh well, I guess that's what HL Wiki is for...

Ah, bummer.

It really is a great expansion pack. Some really awesome stuff about Gman in it if you pay attention.

Got back from my friend's. Was an awesome night to say the least. :thumbup:

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Finally finished my semester-long research project. I had to create a historically accurate character and make a biography of him based on real people and real events. Basically, every weekend this semester I have been sifting through primary sources from 14th century Spain in an effort to find information I could incorporate into my biography. The only thing standing between me and summer is two 8-10 page research papers and my Music Theory final. It is soooooooo close :thumbsup:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Finally finished my semester-long research project. I had to create a historically accurate character and make a biography of him based on real people and real events. Basically, every weekend this semester I have been sifting through primary sources from 14th century Spain in an effort to find information I could incorporate into my biography. The only thing standing between me and summer is two 8-10 page research papers and my Music Theory final. It is soooooooo close :thumbsup:

That sounds pretty awesome actually.

All I finished was a psychological disorder essay. <_<

Citations. What are they good for?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Absolutely nothing!

[as i'm writing my 6 page bibliography]

I just woke up.

I am now going to set a damn alarm to prevent this from being a habit, also I couldnt sleep AT ALL last night.

I'm now eating Coco Pops and you will all be Jelly.

Im on a horse.

Popoto.~<3

EDIT: Coco pops are fail.

Yeah. I have to agree. Not a fan of Coco pops either.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

EDIT: Coco pops are fail.

Yeah. I have to agree. Not a fan of Coco pops either.

Thirding this motion. Chocolate in the morning is kinda gross.

Special K w/ strawberrys is where its at.

This calculus crap is pissing me off. Too much of a headache.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

Special K w/ strawberrys is where its at.

This.

Today I had my weekly get-together with about 12 friends. It was pretty fun. The girl I was kinda interested in showed up, but after today I'm pretty certain nothing's going to happen on that front, and I'm not really too upset by that for whatever reason, we hadn't really been texting much in a while anyways. meh.

Also, I had a really awesome drum practice. Hit a new top clean double bass speed and got a couple fills going a lot faster than I could before too.

Oh, and Game of Thrones was awesome, but...yeesh I knew there was going to be nudity but having to watch that with parents tops the first five minutes of clockwork orange with them as one of the most awkward things I've done.

Finished the day off by doing a weekend's worth of procrastinated homework...statistics problems on the null hypothesis, a whole AP English take home multiple choice test, a couple sections of outlining for Java, and a Physics assignment on gas laws. nothing too difficult but I'll regret putting it off this much tomorrow morning xD, still I realize its nothing compared to what you university people have to do

I hope you learned from this experience, Tim.

NEVAR... tell me if I am, and to what magnitude that I am jelly.