Today...

Leoo

Got back from vacation today. I only was in Fargo, so it wasn't that exciting. Most of the trip was me sitting outside various stores listening to music, while the rest of my family shopped. I did get some clothes though, plus Saints Row 1&2 and 7 cases of pop that you can't get in Canada. Came home to my schedule for next year, and I have a [bleep] of a first semester. At least they got all my classes right though.

Today I went to a store in Springfield (about 5 minutes or so away from where I live, it's a fairly large city) called Mikes. It's a store with a bunch of random things that people bring in and have the store sell for them. Some of the items are new, some are antiques. One item I saw was a U.S. 1917 Pailing Knife, priced at $1750. It was pretty neat to see. As I wandered through the huge store I came upon a plastic bin filled with books. They looked pretty old and were all priced at $2.99 a piece (quite cheap for such old looking books I thought). I opened the first one I grabbed to the page with the copyright. It read: Copyright 1900. I was impressed. A 111 year old book, in very good shape, for only $3. I grabbed another and flipped to the copyright page. It read: Copyright 1881. Wow, 130 years old. Again, only $3 and in very good shape. I decided to buy both of them just because I thought it would be neat to own a few very old things.

When I got home I went on ebay to see how much they were going for, just curious if I had gotten a good deal on them. There was only one problem, the copies of the books that were being sold were labeled "New", so they were copies of the old books, not the originals like I have just bought. However, the new copies are going for $20-55 each. I wonder how much the old originals would be worth...

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

This one time, at band camp...

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

That reminds me, I have band camp in a week, [bleep] YEAH. 3 full days at an actual campground and we stay overnight. :thumbup:

I wish my band camp was that cool. We had 8 hour days and then had to go home and sludge back the next morning for two weeks.

Only like 3 or 4 hours each day are actually spent playing music, the rest of the time we spend playing games and swimming at the lake and stuff. It is awesome.

Whaaaaaaat. We did 4 hours marching practice, 1 hour lunch, 3 hours music.

I guess it paid off cause we were one of the best in our division/area, but man band camp sucked.

Only like 3 or 4 hours each day are actually spent playing music, the rest of the time we spend playing games and swimming at the lake and stuff. It is awesome.

That seems like a huge waste of time. How well does your band do?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

His band may not sound as good as other bands, but on the other hand, they are much better swimmers than any of the other bands. :lol:

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Well the pre-school year band camp is only for memorizing and rehearsing pep band music. We don't learn any other music or practice general playing skills or anything. It gets all the pep band stuff out of the way during regular band classes, which is nice. And football games start immediately. We have two actual bands, concert band and wind ensemble, wind ensemble being the advanced band. Concert band is usually for freshmen and sophomores along with juniors and seniors who couldn't make wind ensemble (you have to try out). So concert band is really just like training for wind ensemble, you could say.

Our wind ensemble wins a [cabbage] ton of awards every year and our music department is one of the best in the state, easily the best in the city. The actual band camp we have is kind of a waste, but hey, it's fun. So I'm not complaining.

Why white? Ugly as balls. Use nice navy lube :thumbup:

Navy lube....

Why white? Ugly as balls. Use nice navy lube :thumbup:

Navy lube....

*Insert mandatory "What goes on in the military" joke here*

Well the pre-school year band camp is only for memorizing and rehearsing pep band music. We don't learn any other music or practice general playing skills or anything. It gets all the pep band stuff out of the way during regular band classes, which is nice. And football games start immediately. We have two actual bands, concert band and wind ensemble, wind ensemble being the advanced band. Concert band is usually for freshmen and sophomores along with juniors and seniors who couldn't make wind ensemble (you have to try out). So concert band is really just like training for wind ensemble, you could say.

Our wind ensemble wins a [cabbage] ton of awards every year and our music department is one of the best in the state, easily the best in the city. The actual band camp we have is kind of a waste, but hey, it's fun. So I'm not complaining.

Huh. Our band has "seasons". Marching season, from mid July to November, and concert season, from December to the end of the school year. Our band camp is almost exactly like Boros's but with minor changes and we keep doing marching stuff even when school has started. Our football team does amazingly well so we actually have to keep going to football games well into November. We have 4 bands. Bands 1, 2, 3, and 4, 1 being the best and 4 being the JV band which doesn't march the show or go to competitions. Bands 1-3 are the entire marching band but are individual units during concert season. Everybody has to try out and you're placed into one of the bands based on how well you did compared to everyone else.

This was our show last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Wpqm3k1ho

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I have no idea what that job is, but it says 'underwater technician', so I'll assume it's bad-ass and he wrestles sharks.

According the the urban dictionary, it's a more badass name for dishwasher.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang