Today...

Leoo

Today i had yet another near death experience while driving.

Me and a few friends were on our way back from dinner/the mall. We were driving on one of the main roads. Traffic was the same as usual. Not exactly dense, but the roads weren't exactly empty either. Anyway i was driving in the middle lane, the car on my left hand side, decided he wanted to be a brainless moron. he put on his indicator, indicating that he wanted to turn into my lane. Without checking if it was clear, he started turning. I had an Oil Truck on my right hand side and a Land Cruiser on my left hand side, about a car length from the car attempting to turn into my lane. My friend was driving behind me. I was basically [bleep]ed. I had nowhere to go. I couldn't slam on the breaks, i couldn't swerve either way. I was driving my mom's Porche Panamera so it's not exactly a big car either. I would get crushed by pretty much anything.

I get on the horn and start punching it wildly and the dude was still slowly changing lanes. Then i started flashing my lights and he still kept going.

It all happened so fast and i really have no idea how we managed to avoid a collision. My friend somehow made his way infront of the car that just tried pushing me off the road. He signaled the guy to pull over, which he did. We got out of the car (well everyone except me, i was in too much shock to really think straight). Few minutes later the cop showed up and arrested the guy and cut his license in half.

Stuff like this happens quite often. People here think that once you have that indicator on you have the right to turn whether or not its clear. But its the first time that it could have had really bad results.

You could get a dashcam, it's a non-biased witness and is absolute proof should an accident happen. If people drive so bad, and is as often and dangerous as you say. Also makes for entertaining videos on youtube.

One of my really good friend's dad is head of the traffic department in Qatar. So all i need to do is give him a call and give him a licenseplate number. We actually do it quite frequently but this is the middle east. You can't really complain about bad driving because you'll be complaining every second you're on the road then.

Today i had yet another near death experience while driving.

Me and a few friends were on our way back from dinner/the mall. We were driving on one of the main roads. Traffic was the same as usual. Not exactly dense, but the roads weren't exactly empty either. Anyway i was driving in the middle lane, the car on my left hand side, decided he wanted to be a brainless moron. he put on his indicator, indicating that he wanted to turn into my lane. Without checking if it was clear, he started turning. I had an Oil Truck on my right hand side and a Land Cruiser on my left hand side, about a car length from the car attempting to turn into my lane. My friend was driving behind me. I was basically [bleep]ed. I had nowhere to go. I couldn't slam on the breaks, i couldn't swerve either way. I was driving my mom's Porche Panamera so it's not exactly a big car either. I would get crushed by pretty much anything.

I get on the horn and start punching it wildly and the dude was still slowly changing lanes. Then i started flashing my lights and he still kept going.

It all happened so fast and i really have no idea how we managed to avoid a collision. My friend somehow made his way infront of the car that just tried pushing me off the road. He signaled the guy to pull over, which he did. We got out of the car (well everyone except me, i was in too much shock to really think straight). Few minutes later the cop showed up and arrested the guy and cut his license in half.

Stuff like this happens quite often. People here think that once you have that indicator on you have the right to turn whether or not its clear. But its the first time that it could have had really bad results.

Stories like that are what make me scared to start driving.

Looks like Facebook changed again. They seem to be taking some of Google+'s ideas and are adding 'lists' now. Hm...

I deleted mine. all it did was urge me to [bleep] and whine while listening to everyone else [bleep] and whine. probably the best move I've made in a long time.

@Noxx, although no where near as bad, I've become used to that. There are so many dopey [bleep]s on the road who either jump thru lanes, merge without even looking etc, I basically have to be an aggressive driver to snap them to their senses that "Oi [bleep]wad, there's a car right next to you". One time I had a rigger pull into me, scared the [cabbage] out of me. didn't look, just merged. I had to slam on the breaks so he didn't flatten me, he still only narrowly missed me by a meter. I had to pull over and almost throw up from the shock.

@Mugg, are you kidding me? that book was [bleep]ing published in 1995, most of that crap is redundant in today's society, especially when different countries have different methods, rules, attitudes etc. Besides, contrary to my occasional whining, im anything but lazy when it comes to job hunting. (Including waiting on a interview date for JayCar Electronics this week)

Popoto.~<3

Looks like Facebook changed again. They seem to be taking some of Google+'s ideas and are adding 'lists' now. Hm...

Lists on Facebook have been there since before Google+ came out, they just weren't advertising it until now.

I always close and lock the door to use the bathroom, even if nobody else is home. Just something I do by force of habit now.

same here. it gives me a sense of security. It's actually more difficult for me to go with the door open...granted my toilet faces a huge sliding window door :/

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

@Mugg, are you kidding me? that book was [bleep]ing published in 1995, most of that crap is redundant in today's society, especially when different countries have different methods, rules, attitudes etc. Besides, contrary to my occasional whining, im anything but lazy when it comes to job hunting. (Including waiting on a interview date for JayCar Electronics this week)

You are literally judging a book by its cover.

Oh well, it's your loss. I'm not the unhappy one here making excuses for everything-- I'm the one who's significantly happier than most people.

77yLQy8.png

I was driving my mom's Porche Panamera

[bleep] you :P

@Tim

I think you should have a chat with our dear friend abc1230, as he recently went through something of the sort. I went through a time similar to what you got going on now, and I realized helping other people that were even worse off made me feel a hell of a lot better. there's something out there that will help you too.

I always close and lock the door to use the bathroom, even if nobody else is home. Just something I do by force of habit now.

same here. it gives me a sense of security. It's actually more difficult for me to go with the door open...granted my toilet faces a huge sliding window door :/

I go out of the way to do private things with all the doors open when I'm alone, including dressing, showering, bathroom, etc. Feels nice and safe cool.gif

Good day. Just had mocks, which finished on Thursday, so I had the whole day to chill today. Had rowing in the morning, then spend the majority of the day playing TF2 and Minecraft. I also ran into Shiny on TF2 :thumbup:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I was wondering this, I seriously have no idea.

Do other people feel really awkward when they aren't saying anything? I always feel really freaking awkward whenever I havn't added anything to a conversation or even if I'm walking with a friend and nobody talks for like half a minute.

I dunno, I just always wonder about other people - there seem to be people who can talk about absolutely anything out there, the people you wonder "how the hell did they even think of that".

There are people I could talk to forever, not even kidding. Usually people I know well and feel super comfortable around, just there are a lot of people where the comversation will be like 3 setences long.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Do other people feel really awkward when they aren't saying anything? I always feel really freaking awkward whenever I havn't added anything to a conversation or even if I'm walking with a friend and nobody talks for like half a minute.

I dunno, I just always wonder about other people - there seem to be people who can talk about absolutely anything out there, the people you wonder "how the hell did they even think of that".

There are people I could talk to forever, not even kidding. Usually people I know well and feel super comfortable around, just there are a lot of people where the comversation will be like 3 setences long.

I'm not a really loud guy. Only around my really good friends. But when a group of [simple] friends get together somewhere, I don't say much at all. Because I never really have anything to add to the conversation, and I'm afraid of making myself look stupid or obnoxious. One time, a friend even called me out on it: "Glenn, I forgot you were even here, you haven't said anything." I guess it isn't awkward for me because I'm used to doing it so much. It's only awkward when I'm kinda outside the group (i.e. out of the physical circle of people talking).

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I'm not a really loud guy. Only around my really good friends. But when a group of [simple] friends get together somewhere, I don't say much at all. Because I never really have anything to add to the conversation, and I'm afraid of making myself look stupid or obnoxious. One time, a friend even called me out on it: "Glenn, I forgot you were even here, you haven't said anything." I guess it isn't awkward for me because I'm used to doing it so much. It's only awkward when I'm kinda outside the group (i.e. out of the physical circle of people talking).

And now we know your name eusa_silenced.gif

Pointing out that someone is being shy/quiet is probably the worst thing to do to a shy/quiet person.

If you're doing something while you're talking (playing a game, doing work...Doesn't matter what) then those silent moments don't feel awkward to me. If I'm doing nothing other than talking to them, then any blank pause is usually fairly awkward to me.

And that last bit also applies to me. There's people I could talk to forever, and that I do talk to (Be it in person or online) for hours a day. The only problem is, eventually you run out of things to say, and the entire conversation becomes very repetitive.

I feel awkward if I contribute nothing to a conversation with people I barely/don't know. If I know the people well enough it isn't awkward, or I have something to actually say.

TODAY IS BLINK 182 !!!!

I feel awkward if I contribute nothing to a conversation with people I barely/don't know. If I know the people well enough it isn't awkward, or I have something to actually say.

This, pretty much. I also feel pretty awkward when theres a few of us chatting away (normally at work, it happens all the time there) in the staffroom when a boss or supervisor walks in and all the conversation just dies completely as they sit down. The conversation will come to an abrupt end then everyone sits in silence for like 5 minutes until someone leaves or someone starts a new conversation. Nobody, seemingly, wants to be that person.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Today was the 'last voyage' for my first car. It broke down about 5 months ago and I finally got it junked. Got almost 400$ for it so Im kinda happy. This shall be the start up money needed for the music dept's trip to Austria and Prog.

[hide=]2jfwtp4.png[/hide]

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

I've been wanting to get into collecting vinyl for a while now and finally decided to make the plunge since my birthday is coming up. My parents purchased an Audio Technica ATLP120 turntable and a better cartridge for it, and my favorite album on vinyl, Sigur Ros' Agaetis Byrjun (which was way too god damn expensive, 50$) for me as a birthday present. I'm really excited. I'll probably hitting up the record store tomorrow and seeing what I can score for cheap.

I've been wanting to get into collecting vinyl for a while now and finally decided to make the plunge since my birthday is coming up. My parents purchased an Audio Technica ATLP120 turntable and a better cartridge for it, and my favorite album on vinyl, Sigur Ros' Agaetis Byrjun (which was way too god damn expensive, 50$) for me as a birthday present. I'm really excited. I'll probably hitting up the record store tomorrow and seeing what I can score for cheap.

Why is this a different font than everything else? Anyone else seeing this?

PM me for fitocracy invite