Today...

Leoo

Welp, prom just ended.

It was actually a lot of fun and my masquerade mask got compliments from everyone who saw it, more or less.

And despite going alone, I even ended up slow dancing with a friend (asked her out in the past and was shot down) due to some friends urging both of us to do so. I don't expect anything to come out of it, but it was fun (we talked about our career plans and how we're both going to be business majors while dancing, because money is romantic like that). Heck, the fact that she decided to take the kind route and go with the dance meant a good amount to me, along with the fact that she invited me back into dancing with her when I found all the people I'd been dancing with suddenly gone for various reasons.

Also, I really enjoy dancing. I think I destroyed my knees though, as I was doing a movwhere I collapsed onto them (on the ahrdwood floor) and jumped from that kneeling position back to standing.

Regardless, a wonderful evening despite the fact that I had no real expectations for it. And if this post is slightly incomprehensible, keep in mind I'm still buzzing with adrenaline (if I'm at a aprty/dance for long enough I start acting a lot like a drunk person does).

I need to go out dancing more, I think.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

I would be so angry if I got hit with one.. That reminds me when we through water balloons over our sky lounge at my dorms. One of the dudes we hit ended up coming up to our floor and getting through our entrance door and ran into the first room with it's door open and decked my suite mate in the face then booked it off our floor before anyone could identify him. Worse part was that my suite mate got put on some sort of academic probation for being involved in a "fight".

tFtfA.jpg

Do people still do nair bombs? [fill balloon with nair->launch at hairy target]

Sounds like prom was fun TTanT, and you're right - dancing is the shit :D

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

Come on. Putting bleach in balloons is such a basic mistake.

And yeah it was great. But adrenaline is gone now and I think I'll sleep.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Today was my last day of high school. Pretty crazy to think about and it still hasn't completely sank in yet. I went out to eat with some friends before school, then had a senior breakfast at the magnet school I went to only to come back to my normal high school for a senior picnic - I didn't eat the last two but it was a lot of fun and a much more relaxing last day than taking exams. After that I went with a bunch of people to a friend's house for a while and had a Mario Kart tournament, then we went to a mall for lunch and split for a bit. Later on I saw a concert where a couple of my friends' bands were playing - For one of them it was their first show in nearly a year, and they got MUCH better over that gap. After the concert we all went to a Steak n Shake for a while and I just got home for that. All in all, it was a really expensive day, but it was a hell of a lot of fun and a great note to end my senior year on.

Hold up, people we're throwing Jarate? That's just primitive and disgusting, and the bleach is insanely dangerous (and a hazard for both skin and costly clothing)

Right, so now I need to work up the courage and tell dad tonight I'm gay because mum doesn't want him kept in the dark about it. No you're right, I should just tell him I'm gay, risking him drinking himself to sleep every night or lashing out or both for the next 2 weeks+. /logic.

On the upside, my flu's gone and I seem to be developing a weird floppy... comb-over fringe like Matt Smith. :\

Popoto.~<3

Great... Dropped my iPod, and now it's cracked up really bad :\ thinking I may give this one to a friend, and just buy a new one.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Today, I've discovered 'r/tipofmytongue'. I'd say this would probably be a suitable cross-post for 'Things that annoy the HELL out of you', since one of the biggest pet peeves is the inability to recall things.

... ever had a tune in your head that you just couldn't quite recall the name to? This site lets you sing/hum the song you want to recall. Ah, the wonders of the internets.

Great... Dropped my iPod, and now it's cracked up really bad :\ thinking I may give this one to a friend, and just buy a new one.

[/firstworldproblems]

So I just told dad everything, and I'm still in a bit of shock, he actually accepted me for what I am and is proud of me to step up and tell him.

Popoto.~<3

k33w44.png

Unless you're gay/bi, you have NO IDEA how daunting it is telling your parents. You're really sticking to your display name lately...

He's never stuck to his display name lol. Anyway gj, glad it was a good outcome.

I sometimes wonder how my parents would react if me or one of my siblings came out gay (I'm not and I don't know that any of my siblings are). On the one hand, they're ultra-conservative catholics, but on the other, they've always been very clear on the fact that they're here for us no matter what. I imagine they'd be disappointed but wouldn't disown us or anything...

Sorry, kind of a tangent there...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

@thediscussionabove: I'd say it depends on how devoutly Christian they/their social networks are. They may be there for you on everything else, like relationship issues and such - but as a religiously sensitive issue, it's not unlikely that they'd still disown you for dishonoring their religious codes, thus it's the equivalent of committing 'social suicide' by outing yourself as homosexual (its like turning yourself in to the cops if you're in a very religious area like the Bible belts in the States).

On the remarks of my display name: it's funny you criticize me for the lack of 'religious interpretation' in the religion threads, to then hypocritically do the same when interpreting my display name. Assumptions are quite often necessary to make any progress in discussion, for to truly make no assumptions would be captious.

On a more random, yet on topic note: my sleeping habits are messed up, but it's half-term! I'm a bit slow on revising for my subjects though :/, too much coursework to do this week.

Accepting one of your children as a homosexual and respecting their decisions has nothing to do with whether the parents agree with the decision at all.

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Do we need to have a religious/meta-ethics discussion here? It could be cross-posted into the other threads if you wish.

There wasn't anything religious about my post?

19509_s.gif

“I had a feeling we weren’t coming back from this fight when it began.”

“Do you have any regrets?”

“I don’t. It seems surprising, I know, but I wouldn’t change a thing. This is how it was meant to be.”

“Huh, you never really notice how lovely the day is until you realize you’ll never see it again.”

“Mmmhmm.”

Do we need to have a religious/meta-ethics discussion here? It could be cross-posted into the other threads if you wish.

There wasn't anything religious about my post?

It was the direction of the discussion, since it was about the acceptance of homosexuality by the religious ('ultra-conservative Catholics').

I've never claimed to know, it was speculation after-all. Is my point valid though, that if they were extremely religious they'd be less likely to be accepting of homosexuality (for that they have 'failed' to impart their religious ideals, thus the idea of 'failing' one's upbringing)?

Like he said:

Accepting one of your children as a homosexual and respecting their decisions has nothing to do with whether the parents agree with the decision at all.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti