Today...

Leoo

More lottery tickets obviously, YOU'RE ON A HOT STREAK!

and where on earth are you from that cigs are $6? Quality cigs in my area are like $9 unless you go with cheyannes at $2 for 20. But they taste like they cost $2 haha

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

So I got hooked up with an internship in South Dakota for the summer. I really need the money, so it's a big deal for me. Sucky thing is, my older brother is finally getting married in the middle of summer. So, I was thinking that the flights aren't going to be bad at all, meaning I could fly home for his wedding. He did ask me to be the best man way back before I had even applied for the internship.

I guess I should explain the internship. I got the same one I got last summer. The program involves a corporation that has a site in my hometown. I worked in my hometown last summer, which was a good deal (the actual internship was pretty shitty, but I got paid for just putting on a nice face). This year, I applied for the same one, thinking I would get the internship at the building in my hometown. But for some reason, when I heard back from the people, the operations office in my hometown hadn't put money down for an internship program. So I was given one in South Dakota. I guess I'm saying this just so that it's known that I couldn't do anything about it (except deny the internship, which would have been utterly stupid).

So, I'm the best man, I have to fly home for his wedding and pay for that flight home and back myself. No big deal, shouldn't be too bad. I'm fine with dropping $400 or so dollars to see my brother get married (well, plus $160 for the tux)... $900+ dollars for the trip, it turns out... That's $1000 coming out of my pocket. I'm [bleep]in poor...

My mom talked about it with my older brother, and he was very understanding (he couldn't help pay any of it cause he's paying for the whole wedding since his wife's parents refuse to pay for it since she's already been married).

I'm just really pissed off right now because being financially insecure sucks dick. I can't even explain how happy I was that he asked me to be the best man at his wedding. So [bleep]in shitty.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Filling out student finance is doing my head in. Brother is no damn help because he throws away every form he gets so I'm having to ring up every 5 minutes or so for details. Seriously it's all stressing me out. If it doesn't go right I'm killing myself.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

Got a splinter. Easiest one to remove ever, since it went in, and then the leading tip came right back through the skin. Had to pull pretty hard to get it through though because of the shape. Never really got down to living skin, so it didn't really hurt, but there was a red line where it went in where it truly broke the skin so I figured I would hydrogen peroxide the cut just in case. Normally you would use normal hydrogen peroxide, which is 7%, but that was in the kitchen and I was in my parents bathroom cause they have the good tweezers that I needed. My Mom also keeps food grade hydrogen peroxide there, which is 35% (which is 5x as strong), and I thought I would give that a shot. Really glad it was only this think little scratch that wasn't even leaking any blood. I would hate to think what 35% feels like on a real cut. The first 5 seconds were okay, and then it starts getting into the wound, and after about 15 seconds its like a small fire is under your skin. Still tolerable, until I realized a minute had gone by and it wasn't getting better, so I washed it out with water. Its also strong enough to bleach your skin. Most of my skin where it made contact managed to resist it, but the entire splinter wound went snow white. Takes a while for your skin to recolor itself.

The morale of the story is that you should never use food grade hydrogen peroxide on an open wound unless your one of those people who enjoys pain. If you enjoy pain, then it should make you very happy (I still wouldn't use it on a really large wound though, since its probably concentrated enough to start doing serious damage if it gets into the blood stream)

I'm kind of hallucinating right now. While I'm sitting here, I keep on thinking someone's coming in the room from the corner of my eye.

Hallucinating, or seeing what's really there?

Do the right thing

Call the Ghostbusters

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Today I started a round of test on my heart. Today I took a stress test and had pictures of my heart taken. For the most part I am healthy. Diabetic for going on 13 years, only issues is slightly elevated blood pressure. I ran for 14 minuets, and the nurses commented I look very healthy and the pictures should come back a-okay. The only reason I am doing this is because I am diabetic...and the random ass panic attack I had a few months ago.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Today I started a round of test on my heart. Today I took a stress test and had pictures of my heart taken. For the most part I am healthy. Diabetic for going on 13 years, only issues is slightly elevated blood pressure. I ran for 14 minuets, and the nurses commented I look very healthy and the pictures should come back a-okay. The only reason I am doing this is because I am diabetic...and the random ass panic attack I had a few months ago.

PANIC

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

RANT:

So I had high hopes for my internship in South Dakota. They told me I was living in a hotel, and it looked really nice on the website. I figured it would have a small weight room, maybe even a pool, surely internet, perhaps even a TV with a VGA port for my xbox. I definitely wasn't concerned about there not being anything to do in this small town. If there wasn't, I could just mess around on the internet, on my xbox, and get in shape. I was optimistic even though I knew being in SD for 10 weeks on my own without a single friend or acquaintance nearby was very uncomfortable for me.

I was straight up [bleep]ing shocked when I got here. Literally, I went into shock. I sat on my motel room bed and almost broke down.

The motel is complete shit. It looks like one that would be the setting of a murder in the horror movie. I live next to a bunch of weirdos who probably do a ton of drugs (one of them tried to coerce me into petting his small ugly dog; he was drunk and smelled like shit). I can't get internet in my room because the wifi sucks, so I have to go down to the lobby of the motel to access it. I have two dresser drawers to put all my ten weeks worth of clothing in. I'll have most of my stuff still in my [bleep]ing suitcase the whole time. I was told that it was an efficiency room, and my mom said that meant it had a small kitchen with a stove, microwave, and a fridge. [bleep] that, all they did was throw a microwave in my room (I don't have a fridge but I'm supposed to, so the lady at the front desk said she'd figure that out tomorrow). Thank God I brought some extension cords and a surge protector, cause they only have like, two [bleep]ing outlets in the whole room. The motel doesn't have any sort of weight room or anything. All they have is a crappy bar which I can't even use cause I'm not 21 (not like I'd want to get drunk in such a shitty place). The town is pretty shitty. Just a bunch of bars. I have to drive quite a ways to get to Walmart (the only thing that calmed me down; it felt like I was at the Walmart back home; didn't last long). Bringing my xbox was totally pointless because 1) no internet access in my room and 2) TV doesn't have any VGA ports.

Yeah, that room wouldn't be bad for a few days. But for ten [bleep]ing weeks?!? It's unbelievable. I still can't grasp it. It's unreal how shitty this is. I can't believe this is happening.

:|

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Dude Duff...go home. that internship is not worth missing your brother's wedding, a summer away from home AND living in a shit hole. Get another summer job somewhere else, it's not even worth it.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I dunno if many people remember me since I've made like 5 posts in the last 6 months, but I randomly decided to check in.

My job is going awesome, (plus I'm getting close to a house deposit) and I'm looking at starting electrical engineering part time to complement it. I don't know if I'll ever want to actually work as an engineer cooped up in an office but I'd like the option and the content interest me.

I'm really getting into MMA/BJJ after taking a break from powerlifting because I hurt my knee. I basically get thrashed every class but It's good fun, I'm learning heaps and I needed something to replace lifting. Still with the missus, It's been a year and a half already.

Also headed to Queenstown, NZ in a few weeks to snowboard which I'm looking forward to.

How's everyone else?

Nice, Queenstown nightlife is so good during ski season....if you're single haha. Which mountain/s are you hitting up?

Yeah I heard it's pretty good. So many people from other countries etc. I have an all mountain pass thingo so I can hit up coronet peak, the remarkables, and I have a 1 day pass at treble. I'm going at the beginning of July though, because my girlfriend's uni holidays are then. I'm really hoping we get some snow this early in the season, but I'll probably have to be a coro most of the time because they have snow machines.

Next trip will be Japan for sure. Heard heaps of good things about it, and getting around the language barrier will be like an adventure.

Got a call today that my application for my driving theory has been accepted. At first I submitted all the papers they asked of me, then was told I was missing 1 and it hadn't been accepted and I'd have to reschedule for the 11th of june, and have now just been phoned to say that it has so i've got the exam this friday. Can't wait. :thumbsup:

If I pass I should be able to do a crash course style practical and get my licence before the summer when everything closes. (Driving schools and examination boards are closed all of august)

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Dude Duff...go home. that internship is not worth missing your brother's wedding, a summer away from home AND living in a shit hole. Get another summer job somewhere else, it's not even worth it.

Sort of agree, thorugh having something else lined up before you flip them the bird and drive into the sunset would be good, if possible. Or see if you can negotiate a couple days for the wedding or something.

Reminds me of this article, though whether its still funny might rely on you not living there.

Sort of agree, thorugh having something else lined up before you flip them the bird and drive into the sunset would be good, if possible. Or see if you can negotiate a couple days for the wedding or something.

Reminds me of this article, though whether its still funny might rely on you not living there.

I agree with this. You were not given what you were promised, and you should have no problem reneging in this situation. The whole point of an internship is to grow in a field of expertise, but if you are so miserable that it is impossible for you to accomplish this, you are wasting your time.

Will the conditions you're living in prevent you from gaining the most out of this internship, and if so, can your living conditions be improved at short notice so that you can gain the most? I think the answer to that question should probably decide whether you stay or not.

Clearly, it's not helpful to be living next to alcoholics and drug addicts if you're there to work, gain lots of experience and develop your skills.

Found this neat little flash program that helps you visualize the scale of the universe. Amazing and mind blowing. http://htwins.net/scale2/index.html

And the mouse that came with my pc is wearing out. That didn't take long. Fortunately, I have my old wireless laser mouse, sanse battery cover, to step in for it. Should be made of much sturdier stuff.