Today...

Leoo

Read this today. Thought Gabe might be interested (and figured this was the most appropriate place to post it). Anyone else interested in Israel should have a read.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2012/05/30/the_curious_case_of_benjamin_netanyahu?page=0,0

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Found this neat little flash program that helps you visualize the scale of the universe. Amazing and mind blowing. http://htwins.net/scale2/index.html

Mind = Blown.

Also, pretty funny how they included the Minecraft world size in there.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that. And its HUGE! I knew it was big, but that's just incredible.

@Ginger, Vezon, RPG, Randox:

I honestly think my living conditions are taking away from my internship experience. I'm seriously feeling so depressed about it. I walk into my room and I just sit on the bed, looking around at how crappy of a place it is. I still haven't gotten my refrigerator, which is starting to become a problem. I don't even want to know what the shower is like. It's like, if I do stay, I'm going to spend every second of the time I'm not at work (or eating/sleeping) in the lobby because everywhere else I just get this disgusting feeling in my stomach. I'm gonna write out a draft of a letter I'm going to send to the lady in charge of my internship about it. My parents agree that I should write her. But I'm kinda scared about it because this is an internship for the Department of Energy (government), and if I just quit from it, I'll have to pay $1000 for a flight back (money I don't really have). The other intern who is with me, living in a different room, said he lived in that same place last summer when he came up for the internship from Boston. He doesn't seem distraught about it (at least not openly). So I have a feeling I'm gonna look like a [kitty] trying to get the lady to improve my living situation. But seriously, Randox, I read that whole article, and my room is much worse.

I was confident I could survive being away from home if I was able to access the internet (from my room), maybe play video games, work out. But now that I literally can't do any of those things, I'm not sure I'll make it for ten weeks.

Guess I'll get started on that letter.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Got a splinter. Easiest one to remove ever, since it went in, and then the leading tip came right back through the skin. Had to pull pretty hard to get it through though because of the shape. Never really got down to living skin, so it didn't really hurt, but there was a red line where it went in where it truly broke the skin so I figured I would hydrogen peroxide the cut just in case. Normally you would use normal hydrogen peroxide, which is 7%, but that was in the kitchen and I was in my parents bathroom cause they have the good tweezers that I needed. My Mom also keeps food grade hydrogen peroxide there, which is 35% (which is 5x as strong), and I thought I would give that a shot. Really glad it was only this think little scratch that wasn't even leaking any blood. I would hate to think what 35% feels like on a real cut. The first 5 seconds were okay, and then it starts getting into the wound, and after about 15 seconds its like a small fire is under your skin. Still tolerable, until I realized a minute had gone by and it wasn't getting better, so I washed it out with water. Its also strong enough to bleach your skin. Most of my skin where it made contact managed to resist it, but the entire splinter wound went snow white. Takes a while for your skin to recolor itself.

The morale of the story is that you should never use food grade hydrogen peroxide on an open wound unless your one of those people who enjoys pain. If you enjoy pain, then it should make you very happy (I still wouldn't use it on a really large wound though, since its probably concentrated enough to start doing serious damage if it gets into the blood stream)

Hydrogen Peroxide isn't a good wound cleaner. It damages the tissue and makes healing take longer.

I dunno if many people remember me since I've made like 5 posts in the last 6 months, but I randomly decided to check in.

My job is going awesome, (plus I'm getting close to a house deposit) and I'm looking at starting electrical engineering part time to complement it. I don't know if I'll ever want to actually work as an engineer cooped up in an office but I'd like the option and the content interest me.

I'm really getting into MMA/BJJ after taking a break from powerlifting because I hurt my knee. I basically get thrashed every class but It's good fun, I'm learning heaps and I needed something to replace lifting. Still with the missus, It's been a year and a half already.

Also headed to Queenstown, NZ in a few weeks to snowboard which I'm looking forward to.

How's everyone else?

Nice, Queenstown nightlife is so good during ski season....if you're single haha. Which mountain/s are you hitting up?

Yeah I heard it's pretty good. So many people from other countries etc. I have an all mountain pass thingo so I can hit up coronet peak, the remarkables, and I have a 1 day pass at treble. I'm going at the beginning of July though, because my girlfriend's uni holidays are then. I'm really hoping we get some snow this early in the season, but I'll probably have to be a coro most of the time because they have snow machines.

Next trip will be Japan for sure. Heard heaps of good things about it, and getting around the language barrier will be like an adventure.

Oh yeah sounds good. I've only been to TC, but it's pretty sweet, sick a views, generally not too crowded. They have snow machines on the main runs too. My friend wants me to go again this year but I don't think I'll have the money. Anyway, the whole region is pretty cool to check out, so you should have a good time.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Interesting, I'd never heard that before. Don't suppose there is a better option? I guess at the end of the day, I would still take slower healing over infection, but if there is something with an efficacy between say vodka and peroxide, I'd be interested to hear it.

And sounds good writing a letter to the lady. No harm in asking for better living conditions. Just remember to be very polite.

I need to come up with a bill for a mock United States Congress. Any ideas?

There is a site (well, probably more then one) that have petitions for the US government. Maybe take a look through that and pick one you like.

In fact, here is the site I am thinking of now. I think its run by the whitehouse itself. Be forewarned, most of it is trivial or totally stupid, but you might be able to find something you can use here.

EDIT: Searching for popular weeds out most of the BS. This one caught my eye strait away as something that is a good issue that your group should enjoy, but is also not going to be too complicated. It's a call to make it mandatory to label foods containing genetically modified ingredients.

I might consider the one about GMO, but is there anything else? That one site had some really dumb ideas.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

We're all moved into the new house now. Got internet hooked up after five days without, which wasn't too bad because I spent most of that time fishing at the lake.

[hide=My new room]

room1h.jpg

room2r.jpg

room3po.jpg

[/hide]

I sit in the massage chair while I play xbox. :thumbsup:

The free space I have in this room to walk around is probably more than my whole room at my old house lol. It also has a walk in closet and a bathroom attached so I don't have to walk down the hall or anything to get to the bathroom. I'm loving this new house.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

We're all moved into the new house now. Got internet hooked up after five days without, which wasn't too bad because I spent most of that time fishing at the lake.

[hide=My new room]

room1h.jpg

room2r.jpg

room3po.jpg

[/hide]

I sit in the massage chair while I play xbox. :thumbsup:

The free space I have in this room to walk around is probably more than my whole room at my old house lol. It also has a walk in closet and a bathroom attached so I don't have to walk down the hall or anything to get to the bathroom. I'm loving this new house.

It needs a desk.

Nice size room. Not often you see a full-size fridge in someones room though. Please tell me it's your beer fridge?

It's actually a freezer filled with hot pockets, ice cream, popsicles, and other goodies. It can be used to get my beer cold faster though.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Thank you, I like it too. Now I need to get some stuff to hang on the walls and what not.

Nice size room. Not often you see a full-size fridge in someones room though. Please tell me it's your beer fridge?

It's actually a freezer filled with hot pockets, ice cream, popsicles, and other goodies. It can be used to get my beer cold faster though.

Damnit! I have a sudden craving for Hot Pockets now...

So I managed to, barely, survive living with my friend for a month. Last day we were at each others throats a few times. He flipped his shit because I was at my computer and didn't take my plate to the sink the exact moment I finished eating. I waited until I was going to get up anyway, to get a drink and go to the toilet, and he said I was a very unclean person and unhygienic. I wish I could talk to his doctor to get him tested for OCD.

I dunno if many people remember me since I've made like 5 posts in the last 6 months, but I randomly decided to check in.

My job is going awesome, (plus I'm getting close to a house deposit) and I'm looking at starting electrical engineering part time to complement it. I don't know if I'll ever want to actually work as an engineer cooped up in an office but I'd like the option and the content interest me.

I'm really getting into MMA/BJJ after taking a break from powerlifting because I hurt my knee. I basically get thrashed every class but It's good fun, I'm learning heaps and I needed something to replace lifting. Still with the missus, It's been a year and a half already.

Also headed to Queenstown, NZ in a few weeks to snowboard which I'm looking forward to.

How's everyone else?

I was wondering where you went off to.

I'm kind of hallucinating right now. While I'm sitting here, I keep on thinking someone's coming in the room from the corner of my eye.

I do that all the time. I also hear sounds.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Anyone else got any ideas?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Converting the dollar bill into a coin? Perhaps even altering some alcohol/driving laws? What law-altering-worthy things do kids take interest in these days?

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Converting the dollar bill into a coin? Perhaps even altering some alcohol/driving laws? What law-altering-worthy things do kids take interest in these days?

Kids? This is going to be a debate on a national level in Washington, D.C. bro.

sig2-3.jpg