Today...

Leoo

Just got back from my University of Michigan orientation today. It was three days long, but if it's any indication of what college will be like then I am stoked as all hell. It was so easy to just walk to people and start conversations, and I was surprised how many friends I could make by just asking them about where they're from or sitting with a group of strangers at meals. It was just a lot of fun., and I'm glad I'll have more friends than just the people I knew from High School once I get there now. It's soooo nice not having to deal with retarded cliquishness like there is in High School, also.

Also found out who my roommate was when I got home, and we talked on facebook for about an hour and a half. He seems like a really cool guy, and we have really similar tastes in music and the exact same opinions on a lot of other things. I'm just really happy I didn't get somebody I couldn't really hold a conversation with like my roommate at orientation.

My schedule blows though. Because my orientation was so late, I got stuck with 8 am classes 5 days a week. Taking Calc 3, Calc-based Physics (mechanics) with lab, Intro to Aerospace Engineering, and Intro to Engineering Profession. I hear the Aero class is pretty difficult, but I'm just overall really excited for college now and just want to skip the rest of this unfortunately slow summer at this point, lol.

I got tired of meme faces. It's ok to a point but having every single post on 9gag a rage comic? No it gets [bleep]ing old.

I just checked the "Trending" page on 9gag. I had to look at 25 other posts before I found a rage comic.

I don't get the hate towards 9gag really. It's pretty much equal to any other meme-humor website, but I've never heard anyone on this forum complain about those. There's some stupid posts but there's some funny mixed into it too.

Although I find some of them funny, however, I can understand why some people dislike memes so much.

i do hate it when people put 'le' before everything in a comic though.

The 'le' shit is really stupid, but a large amount of the hate comes from the fact that the '9gag army' thinks it's so tough, posting about how hardcore it is, and then it takes 5 minutes for /b/ to get 9gag down on its knees begging for forgiveness. There's that and 99% of the shit they post most of the internet saw months ago, or is just plain unfunny.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

a large amount of the hate comes from the fact that the '9gag army' thinks it's so tough, posting about how hardcore it is, and then it takes 5 minutes for /b/ to get 9gag down on its knees begging for forgiveness.

What? Have there actually ever been instances of something like this? I didn't know there was actually such a thing as a 9gag army.

Just got back from my University of Michigan orientation today. It was three days long, but if it's any indication of what college will be like then I am stoked as all hell. It was so easy to just walk to people and start conversations, and I was surprised how many friends I could make by just asking them about where they're from or sitting with a group of strangers at meals. It was just a lot of fun., and I'm glad I'll have more friends than just the people I knew from High School once I get there now. It's soooo nice not having to deal with retarded cliquishness like there is in High School, also.

Also found out who my roommate was when I got home, and we talked on facebook for about an hour and a half. He seems like a really cool guy, and we have really similar tastes in music and the exact same opinions on a lot of other things. I'm just really happy I didn't get somebody I couldn't really hold a conversation with like my roommate at orientation.

My schedule blows though. Because my orientation was so late, I got stuck with 8 am classes 5 days a week. Taking Calc 3, Calc-based Physics (mechanics) with lab, Intro to Aerospace Engineering, and Intro to Engineering Profession. I hear the Aero class is pretty difficult, but I'm just overall really excited for college now and just want to skip the rest of this unfortunately slow summer at this point, lol.

Morning classes are way better than afternoon classes in my opinion because they mean you have a ton time during your day for jobs/friends/studying.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Morning classes are way better than afternoon classes in my opinion because they mean you have a ton time during your day for jobs/friends/studying.

This is totally true.

a large amount of the hate comes from the fact that the '9gag army' thinks it's so tough, posting about how hardcore it is, and then it takes 5 minutes for /b/ to get 9gag down on its knees begging for forgiveness.

What? Have there actually ever been instances of something like this? I didn't know there was actually such a thing as a 9gag army.

The 9gag army is the call of duty of the military. Within their own circle they become the more well known and skilled at what they play, but the minute you drop them in a real firefight they get themselves shot. /b/ have raided 9gag several times, along with framing 9gag for their raids on a lot of sites. If memory serves me correctly, then they also managed to get 9gag to DDOS itself by making it think it was going to be DDOSing 4chan.

[spoiler=Warning, link contains NSFW wording and hotlinks that may offend.]One such framing job.

I got back to my hotel room, and the cleaning people leave this generic Welcome card. And the girl who cleaned my room this time usually underlines "Enjoy your stay." This time, she drew a smiley face after her name and underlined as follows: "I'll be your room attendant. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable...[etc etc]".

I doubt she meant anything by it, but I just thought it was hilarious when I first saw it.

Is she hot?

Lol, this was the first thought that popped into my mind when I read that too. Granted, my friend and I have an on-going joke where if anybody refers to a girl in any sort of story, we immediately cut them off and ask how hot the girl was... even if they're talking about taking their grandma and her friends out to lunch >_>

77yLQy8.png

The 'le' shit is really stupid

But I always say le' :(

Drinking Saturday, totally stoked for it, had to cover the managers shift today so that covered the day i took off + extra because the other guy who was supposed to work today after me was 30mins late, and didn't give/tell me or the manager the reason why he was late.

Popoto.~<3

This is totally true.

I third this. My freshman year schedule wasn't too great. I had an early morning class every day (8 am 4 days, 7:30am 1 day), but then I had a break until like, 12pm and then went until 3 (and on thursday i would TA a lab at 2:40pm). Since then, I've tried to get my schedule to where i finish by at least 1pm and keep MWF class-heavy and T TR class-light. Like TTan said, if you get your classes done with during the morning, you have all afternoon to study/hang with friends. Plus, your mentality changes and, even though you might be tired in the morning, once you finish at like, 12 or 1, you'll be glad you took those morning classes, cause when everyone else is going to afternoon classes, you're done!

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

[bleep] YES! My uni has an assassin's guild. I'm now signed up for tomorrow's game, gonna be fun. If only it was a real assassin's guild. Could have some fun with my bow which I finally found.

Ugh, the sound of summer school is sickening. I dunno how some of my friends do it.

Congratz, though! You have a few weeks to mess around before you start again! :P

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Going to see System of a Down/Deftones. Laterrrr

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

How many credits do you usually take during the fall and spring semesters?

My degree isn't a straight 4 year degree, and I got [bleep]ed by my English teacher last fall... I was taking 16 credits both semesters last year. I didn't have any room to take any more classes or else I would have taken 1 more.

This is totally true.

I third this. My freshman year schedule wasn't too great. I had an early morning class every day (8 am 4 days, 7:30am 1 day), but then I had a break until like, 12pm and then went until 3 (and on thursday i would TA a lab at 2:40pm). Since then, I've tried to get my schedule to where i finish by at least 1pm and keep MWF class-heavy and T TR class-light. Like TTan said, if you get your classes done with during the morning, you have all afternoon to study/hang with friends. Plus, your mentality changes and, even though you might be tired in the morning, once you finish at like, 12 or 1, you'll be glad you took those morning classes, cause when everyone else is going to afternoon classes, you're done!

Yeah, I guess that's all true lol. I was hoping my mornings wouldn't have to start THAT early every day though, but it works out because two days out of the week I'm done by 11 and I only have one class a week that starts at 5, everything else is earlier in the afternoon.

So amped cause my nails/fingers are fully healed! I feel a whole lot better, which is funny cause nail biting may not seem like a big deal.

Now I just have to keep this up through the stressful school year. D:

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I like my class schedule. On Mondays and Fridays I'm done with classes before noon. Wednesdays are the same but with one afternoon class. It'll feel like I'm in class all day on Tuesdays and Thurdays though...

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I got back to my hotel room, and the cleaning people leave this generic Welcome card. And the girl who cleaned my room this time usually underlines "Enjoy your stay." This time, she drew a smiley face after her name and underlined as follows: "I'll be your room attendant. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable...[etc etc]".

I doubt she meant anything by it, but I just thought it was hilarious when I first saw it.

Is she hot?

Lol, this was the first thought that popped into my mind when I read that too. Granted, my friend and I have an on-going joke where if anybody refers to a girl in any sort of story, we immediately cut them off and ask how hot the girl was... even if they're talking about taking their grandma and her friends out to lunch >_>

Classic! Good to see we're on the same page Ralph!

To be fair, the whole story becomes so much more interesting if she's hot.

rosssigfinal.jpg

Jetlag finally caught up to me. When I came home from the trip at 6PM, I immediately slept until 3AM the next morning (yesterday). Then I just stayed up because I couldn't fall back asleep and end up staying awake till around 1:30 AM, as I was chilling with my friends who I hadn't seen in over a month. Then I slept till, no exaggeration here, 7PM. That's 18 hours of (albeit interrupted) sleep. I'd never felt so tired before, I tried getting out of bed at 4PM, but ended up just going right back and sleeping some more.

Now it's 4AM and I have no idea how I'll get back to sleep. There's a party Saturday, I'm thinking of just staying up all night then and falling asleep in the evening so I can get my sleep schedule back on track.