Today...

Leoo

managed to convince mum when I move home to get off my back about wanting to do short courses and uni.

Easiest way: "What would you prefer, I gain more knowledge and certificates to help with jobs, or watch me spend yet ANOTHER year trying to find a job, sitting home gaining nothing?"

Popoto.~<3

The only good Harlem Shake is the original army one.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

managed to convince mum when I move home to get off my back about wanting to do short courses and uni.

Easiest way: "What would you prefer, I gain more knowledge and certificates to help with jobs, or watch me spend yet ANOTHER year trying to find a job, sitting home gaining nothing?"

The job market's pretty [bleep]ed right now.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

The job market's pretty [bleep]ed right now.

It's something no one I talk to seems to get too. they've all been in the same job for over +5 years, or in dads case, 26 (defence force). As a young person, they have ZERO idea what its like trying to find work in an insanely judgemental market.

Popoto.~<3

What are you talking about? The job market is fantastic.

Oi, someone get that negro off the front of the bus!

• Like 1

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I think I've said this before but... one way of looking at a 20% youth unemployment figure (argument's sake) is that 80% of young people are in work, education or training. Just sayin'.

Maybe your difficulty is more down to lack of work experience. In which case, volunteer.

I got my XIM3 (keyboard and mouse adapter for the Xbox/PS3) today . Now I just have to wait for the new keyboard and mouse I ordered to go with it to arrive, then I'll be all set. Also thinking about re-arranging my room so that I don't have to sit on my bed while using a keyboard/mouse, and instead will have my tv on my computer desk. Should be interesting.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

It's been a...fun few days.

The water pooling in our sidewalk has mercifully drained before the temperature can drop back bellow freezing, so we won't have a solid inch of ice at our door step. Yay!

Visited my dad today right at the end of a false fire alarm. Was kind of funny walking up to the building and suddenly realizing that there were a lot of people making their way towards the entrance. I also had my first midterm, which I think went alright, though that certainly could have been better. I've been awake much longer than I would have liked to be for a midterm day (or rather, I was awake for a very long time yesterday and got up early today). It's kind of funny though, I am a lot more tired physically than mentally. I can feel my mind, and the rest of my body, crying out for sleep, but my mind itself is not at all dead. Still, I'm pretty sure if I actually closed my eyes right now I might suddenly realize I've lost a few hours. On the up side, I am going to sleep like a baby.

Speaking of sleeping, the Sims 3 is now my personal record holder for dream invasions. Most game don't make their way to my dreams immediately, if ever. I don't really mind; from what I can remember the dreams are pretty awesome, it's just really weird. I think it's just been a very long time since I was this with a new game (I played the original, but not 2). I've also has some of the music from it stuck in my head for a few hours the last few days. That's probably going to wear thin at some point.

It's been a...fun few days.

The water pooling in our sidewalk has mercifully drained before the temperature can drop back bellow freezing, so we won't have a solid inch of ice at our door step. Yay!

At least you don't have streets where they don't remove the snow at all. A few weeks ago they had to remove the foot of ice because there were cracks big enough to break car parts in it. It's already starting to be as bad as that on that same street, which I regularly have to use to get to college...

How many jobs have you applied for in the past week?

on average, 15 per week.

@Gingy, when I move home, I'm considering doing short courses to help bridge those gaps, like bar work. NO ONE will hire you for it, nor will even take you on for unpaid training in case you sue them for god knows why, so I'm planning on doing a week course via TAFE/College to say "I have exp now, hire me"

EDIT: and I'm installing Ubuntu on my PC tomorrow morning to see what Linux is like.

Popoto.~<3

EDIT: and I'm installing Ubuntu on my PC tomorrow morning to see what Linux is like.

Come back and tell us about it. I've always been interested but never have taken the plunge.

All roads get plowed here sooner or later (priority based on usage), except roads not owned by the province (private roads must pay for their own plowing).

My roads are regularly plowed and after a couple of days (sometimes more if it's a really bad snowfall) the residential streets get widened to allow proper use. That's what is supposed to happen in Ottawa as well, but because the city council continually bungles the budget most of the residential areas outside of downtown or major arteries are lucky to get the snow removed from one side. These areas regularly have barely enough room for one car to go down at a time for weeks after a heavy snowfall.

The city seems to go over budget on snow removal every year, yet never allocate more funds and are quick to threaten cuts to it when trying to justify raising taxes. I really wish Ottawa had term limits for the councilors so we could get rid of these idiots.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So far it's going good. However I tried getting this Corky thing going (its like rainmeter) and its just a flop so Im giving it the toss. also trying to get Steam to read/direct the Steam folder on my other HDD where my games are stored but for some reason I cant redirect it off of the main HDD.

Popoto.~<3

All roads get plowed here sooner or later (priority based on usage), except roads not owned by the province (private roads must pay for their own plowing).

My roads are regularly plowed and after a couple of days (sometimes more if it's a really bad snowfall) the residential streets get widened to allow proper use. That's what is supposed to happen in Ottawa as well, but because the city council continually bungles the budget most of the residential areas outside of downtown or major arteries are lucky to get the snow removed from one side. These areas regularly have barely enough room for one car to go down at a time for weeks after a heavy snowfall.

The city seems to go over budget on snow removal every year, yet never allocate more funds and are quick to threaten cuts to it when trying to justify raising taxes. I really wish Ottawa had term limits for the councilors so we could get rid of these idiots.

You guys are lucky, here even on highways you still only see the road where the wheels go, and that's 5 days after a snowstorm. Temperatures are currently out of control so at least the snow melted on at least the main roads, but the ice in the streets is not melting equally and now they're full of holes and cracks and can brake cars, so we have to slow to a crawl not to destroy the cars.

New Brunswick right? Would expect them to be a bit more on top of that seeing as you get more snow than Nova Scotia does, though like here I spend most of my time if not in the city, than not too far away. Aside from that freaking private road I found a few weeks back there in Moncton. In their case they contracted the plowing to the province, who plows them once they are done taking care of all the public roads (which does make sense, even if it's a huge pain for the businesses there).

How are you trying to redirect it? Does steam have some ability to do this that I didn't notice or is a symbolic link not working?

Windows wise you can browse via Windows "explorer" browser to select folders. However Ubuntu doesn't have that as it's all code.

...And I discovered earlier because they're Windows-Installed files, they'd probably play up and cause errors. So I'm downloading TF2 via steam on Ubuntu overnight so it installs Linux-wise. A friend gets laptops in at work often where they work fine, but people just want their HDD. so he puts a new 2.5" HDD in and free laptop. He's gunna hold the next one that comes in for me and I'll toss in my old 500GB 2.5" and install Ubuntu on that. (since I'm using one for Uni)

posted a screeny of it in desktop thread.

Popoto.~<3

I discovered that eating a lot of sugary candy after being awake for a few hours and eating nothing else, then watching a movie, is a terrifically stupid idea. The shaking, and anxiety, that followed let to me eating most of a 2.5 lb lasagna, and I'm about to polish off the last of it and go grocery shopping. Never again.

In other news, I checked a stale dated cheque I deposited last week. It's cleared, which I figured it would (based on the issuer), but I am a bit relieved since it was a nice sum compared to the rest of the deposit. It's enough that I can cover my own grocery bills again without issue. Going to be a feast tonight.