Olympics 2008

mrpez

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone saying that China is wrong and defending them is bad? Last I checked, these forums were about equal opportunity to all people. Why let this slip by with China?

Equal Opportunity to all people and China shouldn't be in the same paragraph. :|

And people are expressing their feelings, you know why they don't like China, don't you?

To get back to the Olympics:

Dissappointing that James Blake lost to Gonzalez. He had three match points, the last one he hit a long shot that was called out. He argued that it hit the top of Gonzalez's raquet before it went out. Video replays showed that it did, but, since those don't matter during the game, the umpire still called it out, causing the USA's James Blake to lose a chance at the gold.

Lets just hope Nadal beats Gonzalez and teaches him a thing or two about honesty. :P

naturenf7.jpg

|Signature by Jason321|

Because china *is* bad.

To you, maybe. The rest of us aren't bigoted with pro-Western morality.

It's a country of 1 billion people. The US is under a third of that size. It stands to reason China will use more authoritarian measures to control a vaster population. Moreover, it's clearly working since China will overtake you as the world's economic superpower in 20 years.

I despise this "Communism bad, West good" mentality. I like to think for myself as a human. Independence is a wonderful gift.

Because china *is* bad.

Although I disagree with the way China is run, why exactly?

Because it's what he's been told to believe. Oh wait....kinda like the Chinese....

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

+1. Poor Cavic must be really ticked now...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Wow, 0.01 seconds? That's insane!

I also can't wait to see how Bolt performs in his next race - 9.92 seconds and he was "barely even trying". Go Jamaica \'

FMAsig.jpg

[If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Just saw that.Dad and I were like :shock: ,then :o .And mom was just like -.- ,followed by ::'

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Usain Bolt is just a freak. I don't understand how somebody can run that fast and find it so easy that he can slow down for last 20m and still smash the world record. It must be so demoralising for his competition knowing that they have absolutely zero chance of beating Bolt when he's on form. It'll be interesting to see if he beats Johnson's 200m record.

Did anyone else see Phelps just win this morning (it was 3am here)? I really thought he had blown it but he somehow just sneaked the win. One more event to go for him.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Because china *is* bad.

To you, maybe. The rest of us aren't bigoted with pro-Western morality.

It's a country of 1 billion people. The US is under a third of that size. It stands to reason China will use more authoritarian measures to control a vaster population. Moreover, it's clearly working since China will overtake you as the world's economic superpower in 20 years.

I despise this "Communism bad, West good" mentality. I like to think for myself as a human. Independence is a wonderful gift.

I don't see how their growing economy somehow makes them nice. And China isn't even really that strict with it's citizens. Mostly it just leaves them alone unless they get in the way. I've been to Shanghai a couple times. It isn't really nice but it's pretty interesting. I think of myself as a human too. I'd assume you are not alone in that despite what you may think. China is bad because of their actions in Tibet, darfur, and their religious tolerance which isn't even limited to their own country.

My carbon footprint is bigger than yours...and you know what they say about big feet.

These are the times that try mens souls...

I'm sure Cavic isn't going to cut his fingernails so short anymore. :lol:

I think it was really trying to reach it underwater, actually. He could have won if he'd gone above like Phelps.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I missed it too #-o I really wanted to see that, a guy actually slowing down during a race and still destroying the record. As someone else said, that must really make his opponents feel bad, knowing he can go easy on you and still crush you.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I got pretty pissed of at the woman gymnastics a few days back.

There was this tiny [racist term]ese that did much worse then some of the other countries (Like USA, Russia and Ukraine) but got all the good scores, while everyone else got super harsh deduction points...

So unfair, all the judges must be Asian or paid to bring China to Victory.

After witnessing that, I don't see China's 40 something gold metals anymore, I just look at them as cheats.