22 August 2008 - RuneScape in Guinness World Records!

Sentry_Wolf

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, F2P RuneScape isn't even close to being the best F2P MMORPG. The reason it's so popular is probably because it's browser-based and fairly simple to play.

It's pretty common knowledge that RuneScape is the most popular free MMO. I don't see why it needs a newspost.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

What was the point in breaking the news on the main site where 99.9999% of users already have an account?

If this was Blizzard, they'd be bragging all over the gaming websites by now. And while we're on Blizzard, the only reason WoW doesn't get this record is because they don't have an F2P option. If they did...

Funnily enough, I don't actually think Usain Bolt would care either (unless he's an avid RuneScaper as well as the fastest man in the world -.-).

Fail.

I for one wouldn't be proud of having most kids wasted endless hours of their lives for something that makes there life worse if anything.

Then their comparing that to a guy who can break records set over ten years ago practically jogging.

Seriously, you ruin kids lives, he is the fastest man alive. Lots to compare there. Personally, if i was Bolt, I would sue jagex.

Also, why Usain Bolt instead of Michael Phelps?

I'd be so mad had they had mentioned Phelps, disrespect much.

---------

Heres this:

mmogchartac8.gif

mmogchartac8.517bfceb55.jpg

When i last saw this, we beat lineage.... what happened runescape? :o :o :o :o

But yea, WoW is dominance. And their not f2p. owned?

wildy58.png

Wildy58.png

Fail.

I for one wouldn't be proud of having most kids wasted endless hours of their lives for something that makes there life worse if anything.

Then their comparing that to a guy who can break records set over ten years ago practically jogging.

Seriously, you ruin kids lives, he is the fastest man alive. Lots to compare there. Personally, if i was Bolt, I would sue Jagex

Then why are you on this site? If it ruins lives why are you here?

ajk822.png

4031st person to 99 Thieving on 5/25/2008

If anyone plays NBA Live '08 online on the Wii please PM me. I'm up for anyone.

Jagex doesn't get anywhere near as much publicity, thus they are urged to talk about it, regardless of it's size, or weight. Unlike WoW where it's common once a month to get some fig good/bad publicity.

When i last saw this, we beat lineage.... what happened runescape?

That's either of only June 2006, or it's not a 2007, or an incomplete 2006 version.

Fail.

Publicity stunt - why didnt they post it last year?

130m accs - only 10m active - and only 1m are members, which still contain the macroers and stuff.

The new Tutorial will be more quest-like and exciting, giving players a reason to create a new character and give it a go.

The average player probably creates at least 3 acounts that they'll never play or use.

I'm guessing that about 100m of those acounts have less than 2 hours of playing time.

Does it really matter whether I was right? #-o
This is Tipit. There is nothing more important than being right.

Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down in the mind before you reach eighteen.

Not bad considering the alot of runescape is really pay to play not free to play.

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Very interesting to see. We got on the subject of Runescape in my engineering class (it was unblocked in my school for a few days while they switched web filters) About half of my class of 12 had atleast one account, but none of us played it anymore. Just shows how popular it was, and still is. I would bet about 100-200 people have or are playing the game at my school atleast.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Very interesting to see. We got on the subject of Runescape in my engineering class (it was unblocked in my school for a few days while they switched web filters) About half of my class of 12 had atleast one account, but none of us played it anymore. Just shows how popular it was, and still is. I would bet about 100-200 people have or are playing the game at my school atleast.

That's wierd.. They exact thing happened at my school.

Mind if I ask what country you're from?

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

I'm sorry, but he celebrated, whats the big deal. I'm guessing that you haven't played many sports in your life(not trying to be mean, this is just the kind of person i find to make this comment about Bolt) because if you have you would realize that if you don't want him to do that, then beat him. Plus, if you can run a 9.69 100 not even trying, good for you. It's not like he pointed at the other runner and said "Haha".

Because Usain Bolt's performance was better, Phelps has been the top for ages, it's nothing new, Usain Bolt is fairly new to the scene and he bolted his way into the record books in his first ever Olympics? (I think it was his first).

Besides, I reckon Bolt could run sub 9 (under 9 seconds) in 100M if he actually tried... and had no head-wind at all.

I thought the reference to Bolt in their news post was good, especially when they had an external link to Wikipedia about him lol.

On Topic: However, I don't think it's much an achievement for Jagex, I mean, it's not like there are any other good free MMORPGs available for a start.

What was the point in breaking the news on the main site where 99.9999% of users already have an account?

If this was Blizzard, they'd be bragging all over the gaming websites by now. And while we're on Blizzard, the only reason WoW doesn't get this record is because they don't have an F2P option. If they did...

Funnily enough, I don't actually think Usain Bolt would care either (unless he's an avid RuneScaper as well as the fastest man in the world -.-).

WoW has a 10-day trial version, I don't know if that counts as f2p though.

Playing for 4 years with only 3 drag drops. most amount of cash ever had: 15m :P

Something tells me im not very good at this game...

Picture1.png

Dragon Drops: 2 D skirt, 1 D med

Barrow Drops:1 Dh helm, 1 Guthan's body.

253+ quest points and counting :)

Click here to be a good person!

Fail.

Seriously, you ruin kids lives, he is the fastest man alive. Lots to compare there. Personally, if i was Bolt, I would sue jagex.

I'd be so mad had they had mentioned Phelps, disrespect much.

---------

Heres this:

mmogchartac8.gif

mmogchartac8.517bfceb55.jpg

When i last saw this, we beat lineage.... what happened runescape? :o :o :o :o

But yea, WoW is dominance. And their not f2p. owned?

Nice graph from 2006.

Massbleeding.png

^dds'er in progress =D

^^ I lold.

The thing is its obvious that most of them players tried the game to see what it was like, love it, or hate it.

Knowing are luck most people hate it.

Its only because people usually talk about it in school, they try it, think its rubbish, log off, now JaGeX take all them characters and say "325 million accounts created"

How come I saw a post from them around 3-4 months ago saying "We have reached 1 million members!"

Its obvious that about 300-310m have quit now. (Maybe more) #-o

Thanks for sharing this with us. Sounds interesting, think i'm gonna have to check this one out. Not surprised though, this game does rock and they aren't many other MMPORG's that are free and give competition anywhere near RS.

This will be pretty good for RS's CV when arguing against sheep that say RS sucks.

Remadin.

Please visit our forums !! Click the link!!

Register; and get posting!

CLICK! ---> http://dantay800.com/forum1/index.php <---CLICK!

Nice, Now go get the big one from WOW. :lol:

I played wow for a while wasnt long until i returned to runescape, the majority of gamers for wow are based in korea, as i found out when i was playing the textures are now better than wow on runescape, i'd love to see a close up behind character view on runescape, that would really bring the game to life especially in the dungeons

The way jagex are going, especially with the prospect of pvp coming back i can see WoW having a real competition on their hands, especially with runescape being half the price

*cough*1/3*cough*

Plus the game its self so....

1/10 prob

^^ I lold.

The thing is its obvious that most of them players tried the game to see what it was like, love it, or hate it.

Knowing are luck most people hate it.

Its only because people usually talk about it in school, they try it, think its rubbish, log off, now JaGeX take all them characters and say "325 million accounts created"

How come I saw a post from them around 3-4 months ago saying "We have reached 1 million members!"

Its obvious that about 300-310m have quit now. (Maybe more) #-o

*cough*Paying Members*cough*

[hide=Some Up to date Charts]Subscriptions_12473_image001.png

Subscriptions_8846_image001.png

Subscriptions_11327_image001.png

Subscriptions_12180_image001.png

Subscriptions_21524_image001.png

Subscriptions_22082_image001.png

Subscriptions_22726_image001.png

Subscriptions_9109_image001.png[/hide]

I Support TET!| If you want bunny PM Me.|Click For My DevArt

musics.png

^ Cowboy is the Best ^

IT'S A TRAP SHINY JUST WANTS TO STALK YOU.

Hell yeah I do. Whats your msn?

That's how it all starts.

Next he's going to ask you what flavor of candy you enjoy and whats your favorite color van.