Skill capes being F2P. Give it a read =D

Rarex

So I was wondering, why can't skill capes be available to F2Pers? Earning a level 99 stat in F2P is 10x harder, at least, than in P2P. That alone is enough for them to be F2P, really.

[hide=The Statistics]There are 15 skills available to F2P: Attack, Strength, Defence, Hitpoints, Range, Prayer, Magic, Runecrafting, Crafting, Mining, Smithing, Fishing, Cooking, Firemaking, and Woodcut. 9/15 skill masters are located in F2P areas. Those who are not are the following: Attack (Warriors Guild), Strength (Warriors Guild), Fishing (Fishing Guild), Magic (Mage Guild), Firemaking (South of Seers), and Range (Range Guild).[/hide][hide=The Idea]The capes not in F2P areas could be requested via Bob in Lumbridge. He seems to be the handyman of Runescape - he repairs pretty much anything! Though, it wouldn't be for free. 50k extra (adding to the 99k) per skill cape requested. Once you have paid him, you would receive your very much deserved cape and hood. The stats of the cape would remain the same as in P2P. If (t), it would have +4 Prayer as well.

This idea of mine doesn't seem that radical and can be easily done. It also isn't a first, as you talk to NPCs (mostly in P2P) and request something out of them and somehow, you receive the requested.[/hide]

Some members argue that if they want a skill cape that bad, they should go pay 6$. What I argue back is, most people who have gotten a 99 solely in F2P, have gotten a chance to be P2P. They are *proud* of achieving such 99 in F2P alone and don't wish to ruin all their effort by getting P2P.

For me, everytime I say I have 94 strength (being level 84 & 100% f2p), people go like "yea riight!!". I cant imagine at 99 strength. Plus, I want to show off :)

So anyways, I want to ask you; Why should/shouldn't skill capes be F2P? Explain your reasoning btw. One more thing too, what you think of my idea?

[hide=Gosh! F2P has been getting so much. Stop asking!]First of all, NO. Second, you are kind of ignorant. No insult. Here are the updates F2P has gotten they are rightfully deserved:

Bh: replacement for wildy

duel: replacement for wildy

clan wars: replacement for wildy

fog: reward from jagex for taking wildy away

lumb diaries: taste of p2p for f2pers, p2pers dont find a use for it anyways

There. Your wrong. I think.[/hide]

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody will recognize your 'achievement' (I think it's a waste of time, but w/e), as you will be wearing the same cape as members do.

I agree. Even though nonmembers technically put in more effort, it doesn't make a difference in the end. That's like saying someone who burns willows to 99 is better than someone who burns yews to 99.

100% F2p isn't an achievment.

Depends on how you look at it. It can be see as nerdy: you have spent so many hours sitting on a chair clicking and typing. People like you back their reasoning on this thinking, so you think "why should f2pers be rewarded for no-lifing?". Another way to look at it is "Wow, you have achieved all that and in F2P alone!? amazing dedication there, you totally deserve a skill cape". Since F2P is lot harder than P2P in every aspect, achieving a 99 is more rewarding in some ways. Most people who get 99 in F2P don't no-life it, really. Its the p2Pers - they are in such a hurry to get a 99 that they no-life it.

I agree. Even though nonmembers technically put in more effort, it doesn't make a difference in the end. That's like saying someone who burns willows to 99 is better than someone who burns yews to 99.

How is that so, buddy?

Yew Logs can be burnt in F2P. So go find another example.

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

ur a noob.

99 in p2p isnt an achivement either then? 99 in all stats isnt either?

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

They already have a thread like this in the suggestions forums.

Its probably a dumb [wagon] suggestion made by some idiot which gets no attention or discussion about. Therefore making it obsolete. Also therefore making your post spam

Wow, you basically just sumed up your own thread, the one in suggestions differs as it is in the right place and as a result some people do care about it...

And i supported that thread but i cba with yours, after you basically insulted a thread which is indentical if not better, just because it wasnt yours and was in the right place

hopefully this gets spammed to [bleep] to arrogant bastard

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

100% f2p isn't an achievement. Getting 99's in f2p tells Jagex you have no intention of getting members, in which case I doubt they care about your "achievements".

Runescape is the only time I've ever seen people expecting to be rewarded for doing something less efficiently.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

You deserve a cape because you put restrictions on yourself? Skillcapes are probably one of the biggest lures to get people to be members. Making them f2p wouldn't be very smart, profit wise, for Jagex.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

100% f2p isn't an achievement. Getting 99's in f2p tells Jagex you have no intention of getting members, in which case I doubt they care about your "achievements".

Runescape is the only time I've ever seen people expecting to be rewarded for doing something less efficiently.

It's still an achievement, maybe not a big one, but still it's an achievement. Even lvl 40 mining is an achievement, it depends on the way you look at it.

And I don't support this, we get enough already.

ur a noob.

:lol: I can't remember anyone being called a noob on here for a while - you must have been browsing the RSOF just before reading this thread. You also managed to not understand the 5 word quote that you took offence at.

This thread is also in the wrong place..

Well, honestly I dont think any 99's are really that impressive. All it shows is that you have more free time, and that you really like the game. If you personally value a 99 skill, thats great, but it doesnt benefit your life apart from a feeling of accomplishment in a goal, which is respectable in any walk of life.

While I dont agree that you should be able to BUY the capes in f2p, I think you should get the bonuses in f2p. Why? because it would A: draw more money to RS. B: give bonuses to people who want to stay as f2p as possible.

if they spend 6 dollars to get the cape(s) there should be bonuses, and the ability to equip and unequip it as you please.

its not totally unreasonable to give the bonus to people who payed, the emote is nice, but not really worth it at all.

just my two cents on the subject.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

. People like you back their reasoning on this thinking, Since F2P is lot harder than P2P in every aspect, achieving a 99 is more rewarding in some ways.

I back my thinking on the fact that people who choose to f2p limit themselves and shouldn't be rewarded for that stupidity.

Most people who get 99 in F2P don't no-life it, really. Its the p2Pers - they are in such a hurry to get a 99 that they no-life it.

I'd love to see statistics on that.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

How is that so, buddy?

Yew Logs can be burnt in F2P. So go find another example.

That's not what he means.

You said yourself that getting a 99 in f2p is harder than it is in members, so it should be recognized. Getting 99 firemaking with willows is 2.25 times longer than it is with yews.

So should the player who used the slow way to get 99 firemaking be rewarded more than the player who did it the fast way?

No. In the end, both players achieved the same thing. Just because one player did it one way doesn't mean his achievement is better than the other persons.

Earning a level 99 stat in F2P is 10x harder, at least, than in P2P.

Where exactly did you get that number from?

EDIT: And so no one will accuse me of pulling my 2.25 times as long out of thin air, here's the math:

Yew logs = 202.5 xp each

Willows = 90 xp each

202.5/90=2.25

And because you can burn the logs at the exact same rate, it would take 2.25 times the amount of time to get 99 firemaking with willows than it would with yews

Amaranth_GTO.png

I disagree with the fact the stats should be the same. That makes it was to unbalanced in f2p, because there is nothing close to compete with it. In p2p there is obby with the same stats and an untrimmed cape, and firecape which is arguably better then the trimmed one in most situations. In f2p there is like.. a wilderness cape, which is almost like wearing nothing. I would say give it 0s across like it is now, but make it equipable and obtainable in f2p.

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

You're all way to greedy, i've always been against F2P updates seeing if you offer F2Pers a finger, they'll run with your entire arm. You just got a new minigame for example, F2P was ment to be a demo of the game, not something that would be updated on a regular basis. And tbh, if you're just getting a 99 for the cape, you don't deserve the cape ;).

Want a skillcape? Go get members and buy it.

(May sound harsh, but it's the truth.)

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I don't understand why you would spend all that time in F2p getting a 99... But yeah, whatever floats your boat.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

Skillcapes are an incentive to become p2p.

ur a noob.

Oh, God. Go back to the RSOF before you lower the IQ of the good people that read this forum.

Wallettheif.png

lordsalamence.png

jmccainwm3.jpg

The game.

I really like this idea. I think Jagex should consider this.

Also dont forget too put in the list of f2p updates the runecrafting guild+Minigame.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

[hide=Gosh! F2P has been getting so much. Stop asking!]First of all, NO. Second, you are kind of ignorant. No insult. Here are the updates F2P has gotten they are rightfully deserved:

Bh: replacement for wildy

duel: replacement for wildy

clan wars: replacement for wildy

fog: reward from jagex for taking wildy away

There. Your wrong. I think.[/hide]

Umm...Lumbridge Diaries wasn't something f2p "rightfully deserved", it was something given to f2p to be yet another taste of p2p. It wasn't because f2p "deserved" it.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

wait. what?

the game itself is the taste enuf for f2p and just because members supposidly have no use for it it should be f2p? i think not, for 2 reasons

1. i love the ring it is the fastest mode of travel to many areas not to mention freee run.

2. members have no great use for low level theaving does that mean it should be f2p? see what im getting at

skill capes in f2p are a bad idea...why not just give them everything? and 100% f2p is NOT an achievment. really it should be a 99 in p2p is harder because you have to earn money irl for it

Y_Z.png