Heroic Tip.It founder fights off bats!!!

Silverion

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happend to me before. I was home alone and a door blew open on the deck and a bat got inside. Now bear in mind I have a 3 floor house plus basement with the only doors being to seal off my room, the bathroom on the ground floor, the basement from the rest of the house, and the guest bedroom on the second floor (the one above ground for Europe) where my room is also located. The staircase has landing at each half floor and all except the one from ground to basement are completly open. There is also the living room which has a ceiling at the second floor, ringed by a walkway so there is plenty of ability for the bat to travel from 1st to 2nd floor. The 3rd floor has an incredibly high ceiling that is far to high to reach in many places.

Now, I am not one to scream and run around until I hit a wall and knock myself out when I see a bat, but after trying to get it outside via broom and flashlight and having it fly into my face was enough to make me reconsider my tactics. This was war because it was midnight and I wanted to go to sleep, but I can't do that with a bat in the house and my parents will be home in an hour and they would appreciate the wildlife staying outside. So, I go down to the basement, and grab some equipment. For my face I have a mortocycle helmet. For a weapon, I get a freaking snowshoe because I cant find a tenis racet and a badminton one is to flimsy to knock the thing out. I also grab my dads 1,000,000 candel power flashlight. Lnow I know that the basement is clear, so I turn off all the light in the house. I had to check each room, after which I left the lights on to keep it bat free. After a couple sightings, and bad swings, I have the 2nd and 3rd floors clear. I have also retrived the portable spotlights that are like mini suns. There are 2 of them and I use them to create a wall of light to close off over half of the first floor to the bat. I am trying to get the thing to the back door. After getting the bat near the back door I move the spotlights in closer. I have one preventing escape and the other aimed at the back door so that when I open it I don't get anymore. I go into the den, where the backdoor is and use my big freaking flashlight to force the bat out of shadows and finaly coerce it to get outside by hitting it with an authentic wooden snowshoe that probably weighs around 10 lbs. To make certain I don't get any more guests while going in and out of the house I turn on all the external spotlights (we need them to light up the yard since we are in the country). I go deliver the bat into the trees behind the house then go back in and turn lights off before my neighbors wonder wtf I am doing.

Congrats to silv for not taking on one bat, but 2! That was an awsome story silv, just thought people might appreciate my own as an addition.

Isn't this *Runescape* General discussion....not just general general discussion? ie - this doesn't belong here?

General Discussion

For all general RuneScape and Tip.it discussions.

It goes here. Are you surprised that Silv can read?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

Congratulations, you have completed your slayer task of: 2 bats.

Talk to a Slayer Master for another assignment.

"Your new task is: 1 cow and 1 Turtle"

:lol:

Seeing as how you did it . . 1 Chinchompa?

Trying to be funny with so many mod posts is hard, same feeling as a 8 year old trying to add jokes to a coversation of 15 year olds.

Isn't this *Runescape* General discussion....not just general general discussion? ie - this doesn't belong here?

Im pretty sure if your the admin you can post wherever the hell you want?

Not just admin, the website owner. :shock: (THE Boss :o)

1.png
generic_signature.png

General Discussion

You know yourself that if anyone else except tip.it admin posted this topic here that it would be moved, you should have atleast be honest and say that tip.it owner (or founder whatever) can post wherever he wants.

Palas1.png

General Discussion

You know yourself that if anyone else except tip.it admin posted this topic here that it would be moved, you should have atleast be honest and say that tip.it owner (or founder whatever) can post wherever he wants.

This is a Tip.it discussion. The forum discription clearly says "For all general RuneScape and Tip.it discussions". Is there something amazingly hard to understand about that, or am I missing something?

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

ok seriously everyone, does it even matter? The point is someone who you dont hear much from had a hilarious story, and felt like he had to share it. Now if that person happens to post it in this discussion area, who cares, we're all here for fun, aren't we?

I require hugs. Seriously, just give them to me, and youll see your little turtle again.

syal_antilli.png

syal_antilli.png

:shock:

Well, at least we know he'll let us out alive if the bats are any indication. :lol:

As far as the offtopic-ness of this thread...

The truth of the matter is that Silverion can post where-ever he likes in this forum. He is the founder of it after all as some of you have pointed out. Generally he would stick to the guidelines of the forum as well as anyone, but in this instance, we staff who were seeing his story firsthand begged him to post... and he wanted to reach as many of the tip.it forum users as possible with something that the rest of us found so amusing. The bats were real.. the story unfolded while some of us were online with him... and he felt it was worth sharing.

Enjoy it...

~Turtle

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

Also, I think many think the admins are invisible. So, why not post the valiant fights they brave in behalf of us.

Staff had a laugh so figured we would share it. Tho I don't think it should have been translated, it was much funnier in Itialian/English mix. :D

[hide=]Technically: This is user staff relations. Hence this board :)[/hide]

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

*hides in the closet with Turtlefemm*

Oo, cowman and turtlefemm in the closet!

*childish giggles*

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

*hides in the closet with Turtlefemm*

Oo, cowman and turtlefemm in the closet!

*childish giggles*

:XD:

I am glad that the bats have been beaten away, you are my hero <3:

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Weird, just the other night I was watching the movie "Vampire Bats". :shock:

Silverion, those bats might have been hit bats sent to kill you by W13. :ohnoes:

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Poor little bats,

*it is quite difficult to translate bat into english , but it goes something like this*

We just wanted a little privacy, and both our parents are sooo old fashioned and mean, we found this nice out of the way cave, out of the wind,

and then there was this HUGE MONSTER making the the the light the bright lights ( the triple the's indicate terror)

and waving trees at us and and

i got a broken wing and she got 2 broken hands :cry:

we BOTH got in trouble for being out - and they didn't believe us about the wild tree hitting us, but its sooo hard to make up a good story when you've been concussed by such a HUGE MONSTER...

then it deteriorates into fear gibberish .

;)