Heroic Tip.It founder fights off bats!!!

Silverion

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... Uhm....

Are these the culprits that have been messing with the Tip.It's site stability?

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

Soooooooo faaake! :notalk: Everyone knows that bats never come in groups under 3...

I hope this is an attempt of (weak) humour...

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Soooooooo faaake! :notalk: Everyone knows that bats never come in groups under 3...

Uh, Silv, I think you better take another look around your house... :uhh:

Awesome story anyway. ::'

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Topic moved at request of author as it was "offtopic" in RS General Discussion :lol: <3:

~Turtlefemm

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

I blame tripis, o wait she isn't staff anymore :wall: :cry:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

[hide=quotes]

Isn't this *Runescape* General discussion....not just general general discussion? ie - this doesn't belong here?

General Discussion

For all general RuneScape and Tip.it discussions.

It goes here. Are you surprised that Silv can read?

Isn't this *Runescape* General discussion....not just general general discussion? ie - this doesn't belong here?

General Discussion

For all general RuneScape and Tip.it discussions.

It goes here. Are you surprised that Silv can read?

You know yourself that if anyone else except tip.it admin posted this topic here that it would be moved, you should have atleast be honest and say that tip.it owner (or founder whatever) can post wherever he wants.

This is a Tip.it discussion. The forum discription clearly says "For all general RuneScape and Tip.it discussions". Is there something amazingly hard to understand about that, or am I missing something?

[/hide]I do not believe that tip.it users having a discussion makes it a tip.it related discussion and fending off bats in real life has nothing to do with tip.it nor runescape - so please stop trying to sound all high and mighty. I don't know if you're sucking up or just blinding your judgement to defend a friend, but either way it's pretty annoying.

[hide=quote]

Im pretty sure if your the admin you can post wherever the hell you want?

[/hide]That seems to be the common attitude, and I find that disappointing. There are people all over the world that could get away with murder because of their rank in society or position of power they hold, but that doesn't mean it's ok for them to do that - it means they have the ability to do it. Just because one is in the position where they can abuse their powers doesn't mean they should, and fortunately for us Silverion has integrity and had his discussion moved to the proper forum once it was pointed out.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Heh, it's natural of young people to fight against any kind of set authority and question it

Silverion made the entire tip.it site, the domain, the forum... It's just a bit of fun, I'd view it as that.

There are people all over the world that could get away with murder because of their rank in society or position of power they hold, but that doesn't mean it's ok for them to do that - it means they have the ability to do it.

As said.. It's just a bit of harmless fun. Do you think many staff would stay around if admins started just banning random users "just because they can" or for minor infractions like bumping 1 old topic, restricting freedom of speech? I know I wouldn't. That's abuse of power. But this is just some entertainment from the guy that made the forum you're posting on.

Andrew could probably also post anywhere on his official forum he wants to, and sticky his topic about a weekend on the caribbean. Nobody gets hurt, and after all, it's his company, property and website.

Oh, dear... so, you fought 2 bats, eh? Well, see if you can top this: I used to live on PEI, and had a big chimney. It was not one of those little pipes, but a full brick, 16"*16" chimney. And, apparently it had nothing covering it!

When spring rolled around, we started hearing chirps. We thought it was mice (we'd had some trouble with them before) and set traps, but after a week of catching nothing, decided to forget about it. One day, we were outside late, having a barbacaue, and someone said they just saw a bat fly out of our chimney. We didn't believe it, but, about 20 mins later, a group of them - about 30 - flew out. We were all amazed. Throughout the evening, we figured 2300 flew out. We called a pest killer guy, who told us to start a fire in the old wood stove that we never used.

Boy, you should have seen them all fly out - It looked like the sky was black! Although counting bats that fast is impossible, it was definitely more then 3000! We kept the fire going for a week, then bought a grate to put over it, and well, that was the end of that - although there was a fair bit more soot for a while, and plenty of bones.

Oh, I miss that old house :(

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand