Banning for unabuseable bugs.

Inuashakent

I know people who apparently got banned for unabusable, unexploitable bugs. For example, being able to bring summons in the G.E., going to wierd areas, ect. After I tried bringing summons in the ge, I had a huge amount of pms saying "tell me or i'll report you." or "reported."

Are Jagex and some people taking these types of things too serious? Is everybody just "wanna be mods?" Has everybody lost their sence of fun? Or is it just everybody just trying to improve their account "status"?

EDIT: THIS DOES NOT GIVE ME ANY ADVANTAGES, AS THE ONLY THING I CAN DO IS TYPE. ANYTHING ELSE WILL CAUSE THE FAMILIAR TO DIE, THUS CAUING NO UNFAIR ADVANTAGES!

[hide=]Leet summoners can do this. :twss:

bank224153ma1.png[/hide]

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know people who apparently got banned for unabusable, unexploitable bugs. For example, being able to bring summons in the G.E., going to wierd areas, ect. After I tried bringing summons in the ge, I had a huge amount of pms saying "tell me or i'll report you." or "reported."

Are Jagex and some people taking these types of things too serious? Is everybody just "wanna be mods?" Has everybody lost their sence of fun? Or is it just everybody just trying to improve their account "status"?

[hide=]Leet summoners can do this. :twss:

bank224153ma1.png[/hide]

Lol people can be sad creatures sometimes. :P

Sir_Sibz.png

Sir_Sibz.png

45f0d8e6a6.png

BlogSignature-March11.png

If they are unexploitable, it really isn't worth doing them. There is such a high risk you run of being banned, in my opinion people will report you if you break the rules so don't give them a reason to.

Well, seeing as it brings no advantage... or anything, then it's not reportable. I mean, how can bringing summons into ge be any advantage?.

Not having to dismiss then summon another when you want to leave?

Don't pay attention to those "or I'll report you" noobs. I used to get the same threats whenever someone asked me for free money prior to the trade limit. If anything, they see what you're doing as reportable and they want to do it themselves. Seems to me they're the ones that should get reported. Don't worry about it, Bug Abuse qualifies as anything that gives you an unfair advantage, and I can't see a way where you're gaining an advantage over other players, other than getting a few lulz.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

Jagex policy says they can ban you for abusing any bug found in their software that can give you an unfair advantage. Like if you were able to use P2P weapons even after your membership ran out. Were you to find a bug like that, you could probably be banned fast.

Bringing a summon into Grand Exchange doesn't give you any kind of advantage. I'd ignore those wannabe-mods who tell you they "reported" you, they're just running out of things to snitch on & getting desperate.

Also, something to consider for the over-enthusiastic reporters, noted in bold:

Jagex Rule 4

You must not use or attempt to use any cheats or errors which you find in our software. Any exploits which you find must be immediately reported to Jagex through Customer Support.

Please note that Jagex do not give rewards to players that report bugs.

Bringing a summon into Grand Exchange doesn't give you any kind of advantage. I'd ignore those wannabe-mods who tell you they "reported" you, they're just running out of things to snitch on & getting desperate.

So it isn't unfair that I have to dismiss my familiar once I enter the GE and summon one again when I leave using a new pouch, but someone who knows the glitch doesn't waste another pouch? Some pouches are pretty costly to make and I don't want other people being able to abuse that glitch when I sometimes have to lose a lot of a timer on a blue charm pouch.

So it isn't unfair that I have to dismiss my familiar once I enter the GE and summon one again when I leave using a new pouch, but someone who knows the glitch doesn't waste another pouch?

You're right, it's not the best example, because a Jagex staff member could view it as an unfair advantage not having to dismiss the familiar (even though a very slight one). Not that these bugs are permanent, but it'd seem absurd of Jagex to ban an entire account for it. Maybe a blackmark if an employee was having a bad day, but ban...

The glitch of bringing summons into the ge doesn't allow you to move or do anything what so-ever or else it disappears. There is really nothing good about this accept maybe if you have a beat of burden you can get him to drop the items closer to the bank.

Getting another sig

[removed]

Are you saying Jagex are too heavy handed and authoritarian on something which is, after all, supposed to be a game in which we have fun, rather than an eternal competition to see who can reach the most ridiculous achievement in the fastest and most unhealthy way possible?

You, sir, deserve a medal.

Jagex Rule 4

You must not use or attempt to use any cheats or errors which you find in our software. Any exploits which you find must be immediately reported to Jagex through Customer Support.

They do though. They're called Player Moderators.

Are you saying Jagex are too heavy handed and authoritarian on something which is, after all, supposed to be a game in which we have fun, rather than an eternal competition to see who can reach the most ridiculous achievement in the fastest and most unhealthy way possible?

You, sir, deserve a medal.

Jagex Rule 4

They do though. They're called Player Moderators.

Player Moderators aren't chosen because they report bugs and if they are, where's your proof?
xxteargodxx.png

Meh, that trick is too widely known now - I figured it out the day after batch 2 came out ::'

Yeah, I'd say you couldn't get banned for that - it *could* happen accidentally, and it does not give any advantage, as you can't do anything, even talk.

There are quite a few bugs out there, though. I still haven't figured out how its done, but a few weeks ago someone was in the fight pits but could not be attacked. That stupid level 3 won ever game :|

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Get familiar into GE - Be out of GE, click to run to GE, open an interface (like a skill guide), and enjoy.

Not get damage - You need to find a good delay to delay the damage. If you find a good delay, ur good bug abuser.

My goals:
[b]5M coins:[/b] 4350K+ coins 200k+ items - 2 dec 
5M coins - 16 dec
I [b]have gotten[/b] my 5M by christmas.

-bah this is only here for historical purposes now, I got 20m+ already

"fail,well atleast the title,i wont read it with that colours"

"If you hadn't posted in rainbow I would actually give this a proper read"

"Colours suck."

*I remove colours*

"Where did all the colors go!? This is now 40% more likely to be tl;dr'd due to the lack of colors."

Player Moderators aren't chosen because they report bugs and if they are, where's your proof?

I find it amusing you accuse me of not backing my claims up, and then fail to provide any proof for your own statements.

Reporting history is considered for every person chosen to be a Player Moderator. Bug abuse reports included. It's common knowledge.

Until Jagex start providing proof of their nomination process, there's a vacuum of information and I'll continue to fill that vacuum with my *belief* (not knowledge) that reporting people hastens your process of becoming a Player Moderator.

Players are asked NOT to report graphical bugs or those that give no advantages over other players.

However, given what I have seen of this rule, if someone does report it, Jagex will take action accordingly. Although banning is a bit harsh, you still cause unnecessary lag within the GE, and get the ability to use the GE with a summon available. Or as I've seen, you cannot do anything? Sounds more like a disadvantage then?

hopesolopatriot.jpg

well, if you're not supposed to be able to do something, and then are using the bug the do it, you are abusing this vulnerability in their coding to do something you are not supposed to be doing

the question you're all debating is, whether you should get in trouble for harmless bugs

fishing.gif

[hide=This+F2P=]1235689vg5.png[/hide]lots of Wanna be mods :lol:

That was a P2P world so not that many people cared about it, but when I got to F2p :twss:

I got reported loads of times, but soo far no Blackmark.....

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Tell me how you get summons at GE? :oops:

It's easy, but when you do get summons in the ge, there are some very certain limitations that make it pretty much not-fun to do at all.

OT: It is silly to ban for unabuseable bugs... I mean, if nobody discovered and abused these silly bugs, they would still be there.

lalalasig2.png

There is a bug where you can have a 2 handed weapon turned into a 1 handed weapon until you unequped it or vise verca in a player house but it cant go outside houses.It can't be exploited in anyway so i'll say how to do it you first equip a 2 handed weapon or 1 handed weapon then sit at a table in a POH with someone right beside you quickly press follow and eat a pineapple pizza and quickly equip your desired weapon to make a 2h or 1h this is not permanent nor can it be done outside a house so no 1 handed godswords with rune def :(

Oblivianos2.png

Oblivianos2.png

url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=112&t=760822]Click to join the War of Glory! 100 archers versus 100 warriors![/url]

[hide=Unraked Stats]14 Summoning

1 Hunter

37 WoodCutting

33 FireMaking

1 Construction

26 Theiving

1 RuneCrafting

45 Mining

1 Smithing

18 Fishing

18 Cooking

1 Farming