Sweet16s/Debuts: Big waste of money or BIGGEST waste of mone

Faux

A few of my friends had their debuts this year. One already spent 7k or so. One is spending similar. And another is spending 20k.

How the [bleep] do their parents actually approve of this crap? It's like celebrating that you raised a kid for 18 years to be a money-wasting moron.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know right? I hate those bratty My Super Sweet 16 kids that have alot of unnesscary and expensive stuff for a party.

If their parents love them so much why do they insist on making her look spoiled?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Sweet sixteens are pointless if you ask me. Sure, have a party, invite some friends, eat some pizza, do a little dancing. Spending thousands of dollars on the perfect celebration, hire your favorite band to play, and set your budget at more than you can count? Only if you're a celebrity -.- . I'm a guy, 14, and don't plan on doing anything special for sweet sixteen besides maybe a party with some friends with pizza, soda, and my Nintendo Wii. The fact that a family can actually hand their kid 5 grand towards whatever party they can put together... are you teaching your kid to spend wisely or party all night long and worry about the consequences later? I suppose if you're on one of those MTV shows where they give you all the money you need for the party that's different. But I hate those shows, they basically give you money to act like a spoiled [bleep] to your parents and anyone you'd otherwise normally treat with the utmost respect. Its shameful how much a person can change with a multi-thousand dollar party budget.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I plan on staying home, browsing TIF. I'll have the normal birthday party with my family, with cake and such, but I can't imagine spending anything, let alone inviting someone or getting some band to play. Mmmm, pizza.

Call me boring, but I don't plan to do anything more than that, for my 18th (When I can legally get a full driver's license here, yay) either. I don't like parties.

C2b6gs7.png

Debut? What's that?

Meh, my "super sweet" 16 will be the possibility of paying for half of a car and a tank of gas for me and my friends to drive around town in.

I should get into the spoiled kids business. There are a lotta richies at my school.

My eighteenth birthday is far ahead, but I'll probably still be celebrating graduation.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

So far here in Singapore I haven't heard of people giving a [cabbage] whether you turn 16 or 18, it just dosen't strike to us as important as it does to you guys I guess. I'm not sure about any of you but to me, spending more than $200 for a party is an overkill; just buy a damn cake, invite your friends over and play games.

Why spend $20k on a few hour party when you can save $19 800 for future uses such as emergencies?

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Do those kids on MTV super sweet 16 have MTV paying or their parents?

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I'm 16 in January. My day will consist of me inviting my friends over, buying pizza, playing basketball and Guitar Hero. Oh, and going down to the DMV for a nice card and then going around town picking up job applications.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Do those kids on MTV super sweet 16 have MTV paying or their parents?

Parents, but I'm sure MTV pays them to act like little [wagon] the entire time.

For my 16th I had a little party with friends/family though I would have been just fine without it. For my 18th I don't plan on doing anything special either. Maybe I'll go buy my first legal pack of cigarettes, but that will probably be the extent of my day. Also, my mom wants me to go with her when she gets her nose pierced so she's waiting for me to turn 18 lol.

I hate all those super sweet 16 parties, what I'd much prefer to do (and plan to do) is just go out with my friends, do some weed, get some drink, relax and just have a good time, go to a party / club later on in the evening.

I hate the show on MTV "sweet 16" where you see a bunch of spoiled little bastards who've never worked for anything in their life complaining about the fact they can't get that $250,000 Merc they wanted or "Daddy" refuses to pay $200,000 so 50 cent will play at the party.

If my parents were offering to spend 20,000 dollars on my 16th I'd use 50 off it for drink, taxi, club admission fee's etc, keep the rest for something important / clever like using it to get through college.

There are not much things that are as depressing as my sweet 16. The people just seem so incredibly spoiled and generally stupid in some kind of way. One time I saw an episode, it had a father in it who thought he could get Beyonce to preform on his daugher her birthday party. That is unbelievable.

But on the other side. Why should we judge these people? If they enjoy these things why not let them. Looking down on other people isn't really a good thing. I agree that it's a bit dubious though. The parties.

My sixteenth birthday party was pretty cool, I must say. I did it with two friends, who also became sixteen. We rented a beer pump, bought a lot of beer, and other drinks. We put a stereo in the garden, we drank, and made a lot of noise. And it ended with about 75% of the guests throwing up in the gutter. What a succes.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I didn't even do anything for my 16th birthday :shock:

I don't celebrate my birthday :?

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

It's a single freaking day of your life. It's absurd and crazy to spend 20,000 dollars in 1 day on practically nothing. Even the mafia barely does that with ill gained money. You can still have awesome memories and have fun with friends using $100 to $500.

It's not about money... Anyone could borrow a few thousand from their parents/family/grandparents if they really wanted to. Is there a point? No, unless you're one of those morons on MTV who get paid to act spoiled...

When I turned 18, I just had a normal party. Also got my driver's license paid for... And it was enough. It's not that big of a deal, individualism is growing into dumb proportions in some western countries

If it's $5000 spent on entirely FOOD and DRINKS, then I wouldn't mind. But even then it would have to cost $200 max. (Maybe $500 for the drinks ;)) And that's an all out party if you ask me

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I like to think of it as where does the money go to? To the working folks who made that setup. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I know right? I hate those bratty My Super Sweet 16 kids that have alot of unnesscary and expensive stuff for a party.

If their parents love them so much why do they insist on making her look spoiled?

Just because your family is successful and has lots of spending money doesn't make you a brat.

Labeling people, gah.

Though I don't think you need to spend over 10k just to enjoy a party, I mean it's nice but I myself would rather just have friends over or maybe go bowling and have some pizza.

i hate all those spoiled kids in that mtv show. all they do is complain about how all the expensive stuff they get for their party isnt enough. my parents never spend more than $70 in my birthday which is more than enough for me, those kids get a $200'000 party and they cry all day about how "miserable" their life is. they deserve to be shot -.-

Why even try with that idiot? Honestly, there is no point whatsoever. I'd get better replies if I argued with a tree stump.