Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...

Leoo

I'd be much more inclined to hire the person who could point out Florida on a blank map than a person who couldn't...

Why should that be more of a priority than their actual qualifications?

Because it shows that their overall knowledge is poor.

This.

Not at all. You're basing someone's 'overall knowledge' on whether they know the states or not? That'd be one stupid employer. Anyway, we focus learning a specific subject (i.e. majoring in something) because we want a job that needs that knowledge, and not knowledge of other subjects. You think NASA is going to care if someone doesn't know where all 50 states are when they know all about dense non-aqueous phase liquids? I mean, really.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I'd be much more inclined to hire the person who could point out Florida on a blank map than a person who couldn't...

Why should that be more of a priority than their actual qualifications?

Because it shows that their overall knowledge is poor.

This.

Not at all. You're basing someone's 'overall knowledge' on whether they know the states or not? That'd be one stupid employer. Anyway, we focus learning a specific subject (i.e. majoring in something) because we want a job that needs that knowledge, and not knowledge of other subjects. You think NASA is going to care if someone doesn't know where all 50 states are when they know all about dense non-aqueous phase liquids? I mean, really.

this

Guys, I think the juice has been squeezed out of this discussion.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Secret: I was walking from the food commons with two friends, and we were just looking around as we walked, and we caught sight of a topless girl in her dorm room (she wasn't facing the window). And I stared for a bit.

Don't tell anyone, seriously. It's been pretty tough for me since then.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Secret: I was walking from the food commons with two friends, and we were just looking around as we walked, and we caught sight of a topless girl in her dorm room (she wasn't facing the window). And I stared for a bit.

Don't tell anyone, seriously. It's been pretty tough for me since then.

Sounds like a pretty natural reaction. She should really be aware of her windows when she's naked though.

Confession: Part of the reason I play Halo is for the anonymous ad hominem arguments.

I'd rather have ad hominem arguments made at me, and then kick their asses. :P

But you're good enough where you can taunt them and kick their ass, too.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I think I painted the wrong picture. I don't go around taunting people in hopes that they will get upset - I reciprocate what I see from internet sadists by beating them at their own game. In order to achieve this, I must A) legitimately hit them in their soft spot by gathering little tidbits of personal information based on their insults directed at me/others, and B) prove to them that they are nothing but laymen in the field of pejoratives (insult their insult style).

I think I painted the wrong picture. I don't go around taunting people in hopes that they will get upset - I reciprocate what I see from internet sadists by beating them at their own game. In order to achieve this, I must A) legitimately hit them in their soft spot by gathering little tidbits of personal information based on their insults directed at me/others, and B) prove to them that they are nothing but laymen in the field of pejoratives (insult their insult style).

Definitely more intelligent and funny than just yelling, "LOL I [bleep]ED YOUR MOM!" Although the classics are always great.

Zierro, I thought you didn't use a headset, though?

Not at the moment - it broke due to too much yelling. Right now I use the dreaded text message system and input every single letter manually. That's how dedicated I am at this job.

WTF CrustyGoblin is Zierro? Lol I didn't know where Zierro went.

Lol. :D

Zierro, I thought you didn't use a headset, though?

Not at the moment - it broke due to too much yelling. Right now I use the dreaded text message system and input every single letter manually. That's how dedicated I am at this job.

Yelling? Or did you throw it around a bit? :P You can have mine. I don't have any teams I play with, so talking does me no good. Plus, I have no idea what the call outs on the maps are.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I don't have much money, but when I buy stuff, I buy good stuff. For example - my headset is TB's PX21s which were like 80$? Earbuds are Klipsch S4 (80$) an HVY bong for 120$ (I could have bought a few that were like 60-80$ but they're much lower quality) my laptop is from Lenovo and has 4 GB RAM, Win7, an i3 and a Radeon 6570 (I applaud you if you understand that all), and my new soldering iron should be arriving by Wednesday, I could have bought one that did the same thing for about 15$, but I went for the higher quality and probably much better customer service and bought a Hakko for 29$.

PM me for fitocracy invite

What's your laptop model? Usually Lenovo stuff isn't good quality except for one of their lines.

Yeah yeah, if it isn't a thinkpad it's a piece of [cabbage] amirite

It's an Ideapad Y560P and I was upgrading from an HP Compaq Presario so it's not like it could be less [cabbage]ty...

PM me for fitocracy invite

What's your laptop model? Usually Lenovo stuff isn't good quality except for one of their lines.

It's an Ideapad Y560P and I was upgrading from an HP Compaq Presario so it's not like it could be less [cabbage]ty...

No, not even thinkpads are high quality, it's with the letters you find in the model. For example they rencently discontinued their G models on thinkpads, one of the only good models.

I have no idea about your model though if it's good quality or not, so yeah, an upgrade from a compaq is definitely good.

my laptop is from Lenovo and has 4 GB RAM, Win7, an i3 and a Radeon 6570 (I applaud you if you understand that all)

Riding high horses since '06.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

No, not even thinkpads are high quality, it's with the letters you find in the model. For example they rencently discontinued their G models on thinkpads, one of the only good models.

I have no idea about your model though if it's good quality or not, so yeah, an upgrade from a compaq is definitely good.

Ever since the dawn of computers, we have had a Compaq PC of some sort as our living room PC ,though i got a Toshiba laptop and my brother used to have a packard bell

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I don't have much money, but when I buy stuff, I buy good stuff. For example - my headset is TB's PX21s which were like 80$? Earbuds are Klipsch S4 (80$) an HVY bong for 120$ (I could have bought a few that were like 60-80$ but they're much lower quality) my laptop is from Lenovo and has 4 GB RAM, Win7, an i3 and a Radeon 6570 (I applaud you if you understand that all), and my new soldering iron should be arriving by Wednesday, I could have bought one that did the same thing for about 15$, but I went for the higher quality and probably much better customer service and bought a Hakko for 29$.

Is this a confession, a secret, or a regret?