Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...

Leoo

Then again, it's easy to say that.

I think so. It's like saying, "If I was in the right place at the right time, I would shoot Hitler." You can say it, but it'll probably be a hell of a lot harder if you were actually there, pointing the gun at the man. I'm not saying you wouldn't do it. But the psychological battle would be intense. :P

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I'm with Duff on this one. As much as I'd like someone dead (your example was perfect Skeptic), I wouldn't want to physically see it happen right in front of me. I'd just want to know that they're gone.

I'm the same way. In some cases, one's death can mean the safety of many others. As for physically witnessing it, I would undoubtedly find it to be an abhorrent experience. It bothers me how common it was for audiences to witness hangings/burnings/electrocutions out of amusement. If I ever had to kill someone to save an innocent person's life, it would only be out of martyrdom. Ideally, I wish no one had to be killed.... but definitely better that it's a person who has an insatiable bloodlust than a productive member of society.

Could be quite the traumatic experience, seeing someone's life simply go away. Not something I could handle. I guess that's why I'd rather if everyone would die sleeping. Because if I were to witness it, at least I could trick my mind into thinking they just fell asleep. It'd only hit me after I left the room and wasn't looking at them anymore.

Plus, painful death is more frightening than one that isn't. I'm hoping to God that I die in my sleep painlessly.

EDIT: Was reading the Apology and I stumbled upon a quote that I thought was pretty interesting. It kinda relates to death (more so when we were talking about not comprehending non-existence after death):

"No one knows whether death may not be the greatest of all blessings for a man, yet men fear it as if they knew that it is the greatest of evils. And surely it is the most blameworthy ignorance to believe that one knows what one does not know."

But I fear it not because I think it's evil, but because I'm unsure of what's to come.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I think so. It's like saying, "If I was in the right place at the right time, I would shoot Hitler." You can say it, but it'll probably be a hell of a lot harder if you were actually there, pointing the gun at the man. I'm not saying you wouldn't do it. But the psychological battle would be intense. :P

Thinking how I'm gonna get out of there would be intense. The moment I fire a shot, the entire SS will be on my ass. No, I'll only shoot if the time traveling device I used to bring me here can send me back within five seconds. :razz:

As for killing someone, I think I could with a gun. Just, bam, one shot over. I can't say if I were to stab him to death, with all the time and the screaming and whatnot. But, I suppose if he really made me mad I could...

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Thinking how I'm gonna get out of there would be intense. The moment I fire a shot, the entire SS will be on my ass. No, I'll only shoot if the time traveling device I used to bring me here can send me back within five seconds. :razz:

Are you talking about a blue box that's bigger on the inside?

I would never kill someone, but if someone dies that did a lot of bad stuff, I don't think I would watch, but if he has to die so be it. I personally don't think anyone should be killed.

I'd love to watch someone die. Don't think it'd matter to me how they did, or what they did though.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I've seen people die. Not all it's cracked up to be.

Unless you're involved in medicine, I'm a little worried.

Could also be military/police (though not extremely often, cops do have to kill criminals from time to time (crazy people on a rampage with a weapon or somethin)).

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I'd love to watch someone die. Don't think it'd matter to me how they did, or what they did though.

I can say having someone close to you die in your very arms, it's not a very pretty thing. It's a miracle I didn't explode in a crying fit when my dog passed away.

Popoto.~<3

As for killing someone, I think I could with a gun. Just, bam, one shot over. I can't say if I were to stab him to death, with all the time and the screaming and whatnot. But, I suppose if he really made me mad I could...

But what if they use your assassination of hitler against the Jews to wreak even more havoc?

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Hey I have a mixture of confessions regrets and whatnot, about a year ago today

I made a decision that more or less turned my life upside down, I don't regret making

This decision infact it was one of the greatest choices of my life.

I regret being the way I was in this relationship yeah yeah

I was too focused on my own happiness being a selfish prick

I'd give anything I can possibly give to just be friends with this person now

But I know this is impossible.

I regret doing the things I did after the break up, I knew during the

Relationship if we did break I wouldn't be mentally stable for a long time

Which is my own fault really I am taking massive risks making this post

For reasons I can't say or mention any names I just know

That I've gotten mentally stronger now but

I still have feelings for this person (sad i know)

But by doing what I'm doing now she has a life without

Worry of me turning up and I just hope her all the best

In the future. I regret that I can't get over her it hurts soo [bleep]ing much.

And you won't care at all about it in ~2 years.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Sometimes I feel like a dick for lashing out on people. I mean, it's never done out of the blue just for the sake of it. It's always some pretty bothersome situation that triggers me into getting mad and I would even go as far as to say that the anger is logically justified, but sometimes I cross the line with my confrontational tone. Sometimes I forget that people are people, bound to make mistakes every day of their sloppy lives. It just doesn't help that whenever I do act like a dick, everyone around me magically shapes up, as if it was just what we all needed. Sometimes you just can't win.

Sometimes I feel like a dick for lashing out on people. I mean, it's never done out of the blue just for the sake of it. It's always some pretty bothersome situation that triggers me into getting mad and I would even go as far as to say that the anger is logically justified, but sometimes I cross the line with my confrontational tone. Sometimes I forget that people are people, bound to make mistakes every day of their sloppy lives. It just doesn't help that whenever I do act like a dick, everyone around me magically shapes up, as if it was just what we all needed. Sometimes you just can't win.

So when you're a dick, everything immediately improves?

Sounds good to me.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Have you checked who the referred people are? I really do feel that when they reach the point of no return (eg in the above examples), they should no longer remain on this world. I really don't think life without parole is sufficient to bring them to justice really.

I feel the death penalty should be brought back to the UK, reserved for the worst offenders with irrefutable evidence.

The death penalty is ethically wrong, simply because it is a manifestation of revenge in its most barbaric form, and it is contrary to the (to my mind) irrefutable principle that revenge is petty and best avoided at all times.

But hey, politics and morality aren't really connected anyway.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Have you checked who the referred people are? I really do feel that when they reach the point of no return (eg in the above examples), they should no longer remain on this world. I really don't think life without parole is sufficient to bring them to justice really.

I feel the death penalty should be brought back to the UK, reserved for the worst offenders with irrefutable evidence.

The death penalty is ethically wrong, simply because it is a manifestation of revenge in its most barbaric form, and it is contrary to the (to my mind) irrefutable principle that revenge is petty and best avoided at all times.

Ethics change over time. Besides, who is the one to set ethics anyways?

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

If we're going to go into meta-ethics, I am a firm moral realist, and as such I do not believe your first sentence at all. Second, I think it is the job of the state to have an ethical basis, much in the same way a political party has (allegedly) an ideology, because ultimately a closer link between philosophy and politics would be very beneficial for the latter and, in some senses, the former.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Ethics is the belief system of a group of people (or even that of a time period). They can change, just as values change (values being the beliefs of an individual).

Morals, on the other hand, are set in stone. Morals are those things that do not change from person to person (with the rare exception of a psychologically disturbed human). Things such as 'ending life' and 'lying' go against this set moral code. Once you get to complicated situations, though, these morals are buried under values, ethics, circumstances, etc.

If you ask me who sets this moral code that is consistently found in all people, me, being a strong Catholic, would reply that God did.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

If we're going to go into meta-ethics, I am a firm moral realist, and as such I do not believe your first sentence at all. Second, I think it is the job of the state to have an ethical basis, much in the same way a political party has (allegedly) an ideology, because ultimately a closer link between philosophy and politics would be very beneficial for the latter and, in some senses, the former.

Ethics don't have anything to do with being a realist. Ethics are learned. You are not born with them. How exactly would you have an ethical basis if people differentiate in the meaning of the word. If you do that, you're basically telling people they are wrong/incorrect in their beliefs. Pretty sure that would be a violation of the 1st Amendment.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

I haven't used my iPod to listen to music in almost over a year.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I've had the same iPod for five years. It's battery life is kinda sucking now. I rarely use it anymore because using my computer to play music is much easier (it only holds like, 400 songs, so it's a hassle syncing it), and I really don't need to walk around with headphones in my ears.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I've had my iPod for like 5 years now and while it's not perfect, it's a bit glitchy and now iTunes gets all weird with it, I'm not replacing it since I both hate Apple now and refuse to buy anything more from them, and I just can't be bothered.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].