Reveal Confessions, Secrets & Regrets...

Leoo

If you think Wisconsin is where Washington is, I might worry a little bit.

But in all seriousness, it is not hard to know where all the 50 states are located.

Sure, it's useless, but easy.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

I've lived in the US for most of my life, and I could probably get about 20 of those correct...maybe

But seriously, we have maps. What's the point?

The simple, short story is that there is 0 empirical evidence of an existing deity. There's no reason to believe in a deity, it's usually just that people were brought up that way or were exposed to it later.

There is very little evidence speculating one way or the other to be honest. So there is no reason to believe any current theory of how the universe came into existence either. Don't tell me otherwise unless you have SOLID 100% proof that you can show to me. If you are going to tell me that the universe just exploded, show me the damn video recording of it.

Whilst it may be hard to prove either way, we can show that the most widely accepted conjectures (Judaism and Islam) aren't even possible.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Arguing about if/which god is real really isn't worth it. Everybody is rock solid on their points and often doesn't really care what the other person says, because they're convinced they're right already. Just let people think what they want, they're not hurting you. (Not directed at anyone in particular, I can just sense an upcoming religious debate)

The simple, short story is that there is 0 empirical evidence of an existing deity. There's no reason to believe in a deity, it's usually just that people were brought up that way or were exposed to it later.

There is very little evidence speculating one way or the other to be honest. So there is no reason to believe any current theory of how the universe came into existence either. Don't tell me otherwise unless you have SOLID 100% proof that you can show to me. If you are going to tell me that the universe just exploded, show me the damn video recording of it.

Whilst it may be hard to prove either way, we can show that the most widely accepted conjectures (Judaism and Islam) aren't even possible.

No matter how much you say that, you can't. Anyway, that conversation was done a page ago.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Geography is terrible. Oh my god.

I can maybe tell what part of the US a state is in if you name it off. I.e. west coast, east coast, midwest. I can't, however, name where they are. I've lived in Nebraska all my life and I'm still not 100% sure what the states that border Nebraska are. And I definitely don't know where they are.

Social studies in general is the one area of school I've never been good at, and yet never cared about being good in it. I can memorize for a test, then forget. Good enough for me.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

That's just pathetic and lazy. Not trying to offend you, but really.

Is it still pathetic and lazy if you're spending brain power on other things (that actually help you get a degree given you're not getting a degree in United States geography or something like that)?

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

Is it still pathetic and lazy if you're spending brain power on other things (that actually help you get a degree given you're not getting a degree in United States geography or something like that)?

Yes. And life is not entirely about getting a degree or even necessarily going to college.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Hard to know where places are without them.

I meant what's the point of knowing geography wink.gif

Yes. And life is not entirely about getting a degree or even necessarily going to college.

It may not be, but it certainly is not about knowing the states. :P

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I've lived in the US for most of my life, and I could probably get about 20 of those correct...maybe

We have calculators. Why do any sort of physical math?

Well, you still have to know math to know how to use the calculator properly. I mean you wouldn't actually do math on paper if you could do it in your head or with a calculator.

We have calculators. Why do any sort of physical math?

Well, you still have to know math to know how to use the calculator properly. I mean you wouldn't actually do math on paper if you could do it in your head or with a calculator.

Some math is much easier on paper. And sometimes you can't do it all with a calculator - word problems for example, or budgets. Everyone should be proficient with math so they can manage bank accounts, payments, loans, mortgage, budgets, etc.

And it is helpful when finding a job. If you don't have such basic knowledge and basic curiosity, you're at a disadvantage when vying for a job. Especially in this economy, when there will probably be 20+ others trying for the same job. Most hurrmurricans can't label a map of the US with all the states. And people wonder why they can't find a job.

I find it hard to believe that a employment office will ask you to label a map of the United States so that they can make their decision. I'm at no disadvantage if I spend my time better understanding physics concepts than memorizing the states.

And not wanting to memorize the states doesn't show a lack of curiosity. I could be plenty more curious about something else.

pMcEU.png

| My Tumblr |

I'd be much more inclined to hire the person who could point out Florida on a blank map than a person who couldn't...

Why should that be more of a priority than their actual qualifications?

I'd be much more inclined to hire the person who could point out Florida on a blank map than a person who couldn't...

Because it shows that their overall knowledge is poor.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Because it shows that their overall knowledge is poor.

This.