Islam Ads on Buses

Cup Lion

The IRA itself might not be, but it has many militant branches who are eager to kill in the name of the IRA.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't sound like it is trying to convert anyone, it is just telling people about a place where they can find out information about what Muslims believe. Five grand is obviously not going to challenge all the misconceptions in America, but people do have questions and some may ring up to see what Muslims say directly.

If you have questions about Christianity, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to find a representative to ask them. If you have questions about Islam however, you might find it easier to call a number anonymously.

I think that it is a nice idea.

For it is the greyness of dusk that reigns.

The time when the living and the dead exist as one.

Hindu Terrorists : Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)

I don't agree at all. LTTE is a legitimate resistance front against obvious oppression of minority ethnic groups in Sri Lanka, giant corruption, robbing of natural resources... If anything, the SL army should be labeled terrorist, it's a national army and tortures civilians/hires mercenaries to do bombings in Tamil areas to force them into submission

But the other ones you mentioned, agree... (though some people would disagree as IRA being viewed as a terrorist organisation)

Well, both sides kinda do that to each other a lot... But the LTTE did assassinate the then Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi...

Air_Dragon15.png

I approve of the ads. The more people that realise what a barbaric religion it is the more likely people are to stay well clear of it.

Barbaric religion? Nice generalization, I'm guessing you're talking about Sharia law ran countries. Well yes those countries are run barbarically but only a few predominately Muslim ran countries run by Sharia law. The amount of good Muslim people compared to the ruthless barbaric type you're thinking about completely out way them.

Many Christians groups can be just as barbaric and ruthless as Muslim groups are. I guess you live in America where there isn't even a high percentage of Muslims, until you've lived with Muslims around you making comments like those are ignorant.

Christian Terrorists : Irish Republican Army (IRA)

The IRA didn't kill or bomb in the name of Christianity, instead it was based on the oppression of native Irish Catholics by foreign British Protestant / Presbyterian forces. There is a difference on killing in the name of your religion and killing while trying to protect your own people from foreign oppression. There was small militant groups who killed protestants under the alias of the IRA who many Irish Republicans would view as absolute scum for killing indiscriminately.

Christian Terrorists : Irish Republican Army (IRA)

The IRA didn't kill or bomb in the name of Christianity, instead it was based on the oppression of native Irish Catholics by foreign British Protestant / Presbyterian forces. There is a difference on killing in the name of your religion and killing while trying to protect your own people from foreign oppression. There was small militant groups who killed protestants under the alias of the IRA who many Irish Republicans would view as absolute scum for killing indiscriminately.

Yup, they bomb in the name of Catholics across North Ireland, for their freedom. You're Irish, from the Republic side, and I can understand how you feel. I'm not talking about the entire IRA and all Irish Catholics here.

The same way Al-Qaeda masquerades as a champion of Muslim freedom in the Middle East from Western oppression. Osama started out as a charity worker you know, until he got fed up the US finding more and more excuses to plant troops in the Middle East, like claiming protection. That's the same way Japan annexed Korea during the Second World War as well, by sending troops for "protection" from Russia, before just deciding to add it to the Empire.

They too are a small militant group who kill non-Muslims under the banner of Islam while many Muslims regard them as savages and monsters.

The fact that they're even resorting to acts like bombing civilian areas makes terrorists already.

Al-Qaeda has the same justifications as the IRA. They are no more, and no less terrorists than they are.

(Before anyone claims I'm a Muslim trying to justify Al-Qaeda, I state I go to a Catholic school, in a country where there are a large number of Christians. Take a guess at my religion)

Air_Dragon15.png

I approve of the ads. The more people that realise what a barbaric religion it is the more likely people are to stay well clear of it.

Barbaric religion? Lol...

Islamic Terrorists : Al-Qaeda (Among others)

Christian Terrorists : Irish Republican Army (IRA), Lord's Resistance Army, Klu Klux Klan

Buddhist (Sort of anyway) Terrorists : Aum Shinrikyo

Hindu Terrorists : Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE)

Every single major religion will have a bunch of nutters trying to blow up everyone else. Don't start insulting each others religions. Please. There are as many Christian terrorists groups as there are Islamic ones.

A lot of those groups don't justify their actions by religion, and anyway, I am sure that Islam is the only major religion whose foundation (in the form of the Qur'an) actually mentions aggression towards unbelievers.

I don't think the ads will work very well.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Barbaric religion? Nice generalization, I'm guessing you're talking about Sharia law ran countries. Well yes those countries are run barbarically but only a few predominately Muslim ran countries run by Sharia law. The amount of good Muslim people compared to the ruthless barbaric type you're thinking about completely out way them.

Many Christians groups can be just as barbaric and ruthless as Muslim groups are. I guess you live in America where there isn't even a high percentage of Muslims, until you've lived with Muslims around you making comments like those are ignorant.

He's British. Just because he doesn't like Islam doesn't make him American.

Hypocrisy at its best though.

A lot of those groups don't justify their actions by religion, and anyway, I am sure that Islam is the only major religion whose foundation (in the form of the Qur'an) actually mentions aggression towards unbelievers.

I don't think the ads will work very well.

There's definitely a quote in Koran that states Muslims are to leave places of worship to other gods and religions ALONE, and to live in PEACE and harmony with them. This I heard from a Muslim cleric myself. Hell, its even against the Koran for them to poison water sources of the enemy in during war!

Most of this "BURN NON-BELIEVERS!" crap is added in by people seeking their own agenda. It was never in the Koran in the first place.

Like how the Spanish Inquisition condoned burning people at stake for suggesting the Earth revolved around the Sun.

Most religions proclaim peace, Islam included. The Bible does for certain, but then you have the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, and all the other people who twisted it for their own ends. Just that its become "normalized", to the point that Soldiers of the Cross is a hymm now.

Air_Dragon15.png

He guessed, while at the same time making a point.

A lot of Americans positively hate Muslims. That is expected.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

He guessed, while at the same time making a point.

A lot of Americans positively hate Muslims. That is expected.

Which is why a majority isn't voting for Obama because of his last name.

A interview in virginia had a bunch of people bashing Obama b/c his last name.

Heck even my parents don't like Muslims, but not like all of em, just the ones that follow the sterotypical 'blow shizz UP!'.

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Heck even my parents don't like islams

Are "islams" people who follow Muslimism?

I'm not really bothered. Same goes for the advert at Warrington Central train station telling people to convert to Christianity.

Makes me laugh when people accuse others of not telling the whole story, bad bits included. Jesus's resurrection was witnessed by a prostitute - doesn't mean Christianity actively promotes prostitution though, does it?

When you go for a job interview, are you going to to tell them the whole, absolute truth?

No one gives the full story.

Have not read most of the posts (very busy this week), but wanted to point out something. If the bus company is receiving government funding it is a violation of the first amendment dealing with Separation of Church and State- or so that is how I understand it is... and how I believe it should be. I may be wrong about that though, but the ten commandments where forced out of a courtroom by the ACLU on grounds that it violated the first amendment.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Too many people have generalizing views towards Muslims. It's a great religion to read about it and understand.
I dont generalise muslims I was quite clear that I was describing the religion itself and not the followers. I keep an annotated koran at home, it is a very interesting but very violent text.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Turbins are probably uncomfortable anyway. No thanks. :D

Muslims dont wear turbans. The sikhs do. Its with good intent, but i have a strong feeling that it wont yeild any fruitfull results. Mostly due to ill informed views, and the wonderfull people who care less to know. Sometimes people are beyond [developmentally delayed]ed.

Muslims dont wear turbans. The sikhs do. Its with good intent, but i have a strong feeling that it wont yeild any fruitfull results. Mostly due to ill informed views, and the wonderfull people who care less to know. Sometimes people are beyond [developmentally delayed].

Headscarfs then, or w/e you wanna call it.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Muslims dont wear turbans. The sikhs do. Its with good intent, but i have a strong feeling that it wont yeild any fruitfull results. Mostly due to ill informed views, and the wonderfull people who care less to know. Sometimes people are beyond [developmentally delayed].

You mean a burkha?

In fact, actually, that's proof more religious education's needed.

You mean a burkha?

In fact, actually, that's proof more religious education's needed.

I don't really care what it's called, just a rag really. Nah I don't think more religious education is needed tbh, I just don't care about that lesson.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I'm with Matt. It's nothing to do with the followers, but an honest and literal interpretation of the Koran is disturbing. The sooner people realise that without holding it against the followers, the better.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Makes me laugh when people accuse others of not telling the whole story, bad bits included. Jesus's resurrection was witnessed by a prostitute - doesn't mean Christianity actively promotes prostitution though, does it?

I almost forgot how awesome your analogies are

I'm with Matt. It's nothing to do with the followers, but an honest and literal interpretation of the Koran is disturbing. The sooner people realise that without holding it against the followers, the better.

I disagree i read the quran albeit ages ago, and in my opinion its no worse than any other holy text, the messages are the same, just do unto others unless they dont worship me as well. extreme muslims are no worse than the 'suicide' soldiers from conservative southern christian homes that go to iraq to 'peace keep' with their rocket launchers

and im not just comparing it to the bible

NICKELEY102.png