Trade Limits Raised

Ninnykins

From today we have doubled (in some cases tripled) the flexibility of the player trade system. All players will notice an increase in the amount they can trade with other players.

This means accounts with fewer than 10 quest points will be able to earn or lose up to 5,000 coins in wealth every 15 minutes from trading, free players will be able to earn a maximum of 10,000 coins every 15 minutes by completing the free quests and members will have access to a maximum of 60,000 coins per 15 minutes if they have 270 quest points. Your trade margin will increase with each quest point after 10 - for example, at 100 quest points you'll have a margin of 24,038 coins, and at 200 quest points you'll have a margin of 45,192 coins.

This was added to the game because we wanted to offer our players more flexibility when trading or helping friends out, without increasing the threat of real-world trading.

Mod Mark

Lead Designer - RuneScape

Note: Currently there are only 269 quest points available in the game, so no player will be able to reach the 60,000 coin margin until our next quest update, scheduled for a few weeks' time. The trade margin does scale up to that, though, so players a few quest points short of 270 will have a trade margin only slightly below it.

daveywavey90.png

"wat if u could ride giraffes"

An incentive to finish those last few quests :)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yay! more potential for rwt
Both players will need 270QP. Thats no easy feat. RWTers rely on getting gold fast on newly created characters before they get banned. In order to do all the quests in the game you would need the following levels:

Attack 40

Strength 60

Defence 65

Ranged 60

Prayer 55

Magic 66

Runecrafting 50

Construction 50

Hitpoints 10

Agility 60

Herblore 57

Thieving 63

Crafting 66

Fletching 50

Slayer 59

Hunter 51

Mining 60

Smithing 69

Fishing 62

Cooking 70

Firemaking 51

Woodcutting 72

Farming 53

Summoning 23

Combat 85

Thats a total of 10,129,764 exp, not to mention the time requires for all those skills and quests. A bot isnt going to raise a character that high just to trade 60k.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Yay! more potential for rwt :/ . At least it's still 60k in 1 go and not 60mil.

Even better...the newbs who beg.."Phr33 10k pl0x"

Some of us who like to help out close friends with Raw Materials such as ore or 2nds.

I will take RWT and free trade over the limited economy with skewed prices any day of the week; however that wont happen. but I would love for a system to trade friends to arrise.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

Both players will need 270QP. Thats no easy feat. RWTers rely on getting gold fast on newly created characters before they get banned. In order to do all the quests in the game you would need the following levels:

Attack 40

Strength 60

Defence 65

Ranged 60

Prayer 55

Magic 66

Runecrafting 50

Construction 50

Hitpoints 10

Agility 60

Herblore 57

Thieving 63

Crafting 66

Fletching 50

Slayer 59

Hunter 51

Mining 60

Smithing 69

Fishing 62

Cooking 70

Firemaking 51

Woodcutting 72

Farming 53

Summoning 23

Combat 85

Thats a total of 10,129,764 exp, not to mention the time requires for all those skills and quests. A bot isnt going to raise a character that high just to trade 60k.

i doudt those levels could beat some of the bosses and paying for the levels would cost a lot of money

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The increase came as something of a surprise to me, although it was a nice one :)

I think 30k is a bit low as the maximum trade limit, yet 60k seems a bit high. That's a potential 240k per hour for higher-level players (or quest enthusiasts).

Another raise would mean possibly 90k? That seems rather a lot, I wonder if Jagex are planning some more changes for the near future :? ;)

On a side note, it's great that I can have a bit more freedom with my friends, helped along by an increase of items able to be lent :D

[hide=Mercifull Said]

Attack 40

Strength 60

Defence 65

Ranged 60

Prayer 55

Magic 66

Runecrafting 50

Construction 50

Hitpoints 10

Agility 60

Herblore 57

Thieving 63

Crafting 66

Fletching 50

Slayer 59

Hunter 51

Mining 60

Smithing 69

Fishing 62

Cooking 70

Firemaking 51

Woodcutting 72

Farming 53

Summoning 23

Combat 85

[/hide]

Not to mention the time to just do the flippin quests...

One Small Favor

Desert Treasure

Mourner's End Part 2

Monkey Madness

Recipe for Disaster

Just a few examples. This is why I hope to god I never get banned. *shudders at the thought of having to do them again*

[hide=Mercifull Said]

Attack 40

Strength 60

Defence 65

Ranged 60

Prayer 55

Magic 66

Runecrafting 50

Construction 50

Hitpoints 10

Agility 60

Herblore 57

Thieving 63

Crafting 66

Fletching 50

Slayer 59

Hunter 51

Mining 60

Smithing 69

Fishing 62

Cooking 70

Firemaking 51

Woodcutting 72

Farming 53

Summoning 23

Combat 85

[/hide]

Not to mention the time to just do the flippin quests...

One Small Favor

Desert Treasure

Mourner's End Part 2

Monkey Madness

Recipe for Disaster

Just a few examples. This is why I hope to god I never get banned. *shudders at the thought of having to do them again*

Why would you? Unless you break rules?

Sounds like a guilty conscience to me ;) :ohnoes:

NO NO! I do play within the rules. Its the thought of having to start over that keeps me in check. I got too much going on with my character to just have it end abruptly.

EDIT: Getting a little off topic. What I meant was...let's just say that bots do, on a regular basis, start over, earn all those skills and then do all the quest just to get the max trade limit, only to be banned either in the process or shortly after completion...

That would suck for them. That's why I don't think RWT would go this route.

To the Tip.It Crew, who will no doubt search for a formula to these limits against Quest Points earned, I don't think there is one. Judge for yourself:

[hide=]tradelimitgraph.jpg[/hide]

Wow why doing it much more difficult than needed: putting just the trade limit in the Y (depend) and the QP in the X (independ) fields yields a pretty basic curve:

seems completely linear.

Origin gives also some nice function:

y = P1 * x + P2;

P1: 211.67 +- 0.1

P2: 2855.3 +- 21.40

[30-9-2008 17:48 "/Graph1" (2454739)]

Data: Data1_B

Model: user3

Weighting: 

y	No weighting

Chi^2/DoF	R^2	

----------------------------------------

999.18413	1	

Parameter	Value	Error

P1	211.66603	0.13403

P2	2855.35917	21.39592

And when putting the x error of "1" (I believe they rounded the values in the kdb), and y error of "5" the above curve fits great through all points!

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Of course, no one CAN trade 60 k until the next quest is released...

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I'm guessing that the reason the only thing to change price today was the Dragon Full Helm is due to this change?? But why...? Theyt haven't changed any of the GE limits, it confuses me muchly. Anyways I like this because it means less junk needed to lend out my BGS! \'

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Might start hunting at the dangerous ffa cw, if Im lucky i can get 240K an hour in kills ::'

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

Yay, that's a much more sensible limit than 30K, but they've only planned ahead for one quest. Why don't they just make it as a percentage of quest points obtained, or extend it past 270 qp, so they don't have to keep updating it?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Aww, now I have a reason to do more quests :?

Me too, I've only got a pathetic 122 quest points, which at 1450 total is shamefull :oops:

At least now, I'm kinda motivated (aswell as 175 for RFD) to quest :ugeek:

Aww, now I have a reason to do more quests :?

Me too, I've only got a pathetic 122 quest points, which at 1450 total is shamefull :oops:

At least now, I'm kinda motivated (aswell as 175 for RFD) to quest :ugeek:

Pfft, I didn't do Sheep Shearer until I was like 114 combat. D:

I'm 1750 total or something now and I've got 190. 131 combat. I don't wanna get a quest cape until I finish maxing my melee cause I do slayer and I can't get warped terrorbirds or scarabites yet. An advantage gained by not questing = ftw. :P

Though, I'm at 95 defence, so it won't be that much before I am maxed melee (already 99 att and str >.>)

Anyways, its a good update. Its a lot of work to get to the point where you can transfer 60k every 15 minutes. But I think its a good limit.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!