Where would you be in life without Runescape?

Dean Ambrose

let's see. runescape=life and taking away runescape from the equation; runescape-runescape=life. Because of the zero identity property, any equation subtracted from itself is 0, so runescape-runescape=0, which by the communative property life=0. I would have no life :twss:

Ownage. Thread has been won. Excellent algebraic proof.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worse than i am now.

when i 1st joined rs in oct 06 i was depressed(on sick)so it filled my time and gave me a lot of time to get to where i am on rs....in real life i hadnt really had that many friends a few good close mates but they didnt play rs.i rarely went out i prefer to keep myself to myself regardless of rs.so i had basically a loserish life then about feb 08 time i got better enough(or bored enough) to get a job..so now on benefits trying my best to get a job. thats the past i hardly played rs after as i got bored..until something or should i say someone got me re interested...around the end of april i logged back in to wildy agility course and got a hello from someone...we got chatting...after a while we realised rs was a bit restricting of chat and went on msn instead we talked for a month and really got to know eachother we found alot in common and decided to meet...we then met again and her patner rung her up and kicked her out(seperate reason to meeting me) anyway she was near on doing something stupid and so i decided to stay with her at her mothers house...one thing led to another...she is now my gf w00t i now go out more because i have a gf so thank you rs for getting us together.rs gave me a life

so recap

my eyesight:no better or worse

social life:better

got a gf:much much much better

weight:just where i want it to be

oooh and also my typing skills are 400% better

the sad side of this is that her ex-bf used to play (and still does now shes left) rs more and was more important to him than she was...there 'relationship' was a farce because he was married to rs not his 'wife' their relationship was broke because of rs...but without rs she and i would never of met and so i thank runescape from the bottom of my heart for being here as i would never of found my true love.

so runescape can be a blessing or a curse..her partner has tried desperately getting her back saying he's changed and stopped playing rs when he hasnt changed at all.....LOSER

basically he and me has swapped lifes....only he has a business and i didnt...=( ah well getting my gorgeus girl is enough for me

wow that was a long post..my longest ever

Haha, they must've been really, really bad before RuneScape.

2j3qh46.jpg

Well my RS experience is really not that bad of one. When I played it was because I had nothing else to do. If I had plans, friends invited me out, etc, I have always left what i was doing to go do that. I dont really ditch people at godwars or whatever, but if I had plans, I would always let my team know and allow time to find a replacement. So If I never had RS, I would probably would have played my ps2 with socom AS in place of RS. I dont think my life would have been much different other than the friends that I have made through the clan I used to be in and the IRC and Vent servers i used to go to/check in periodically.

look up my stats. its a good 4-5 years of play. i would say my situation reflects it pretty well.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Hmm, I would definetely be in better shape and I'd probably have more of a social life (not that I don't have one at all), I'd also probably have better eyesight too.

I will agree, i probably would have better eyesight w/o rs, but my family has a history of bad eyesight (everyone thats passed 5th grade in my family has glasses) so i'd still have bad eyesight and alot of my friends play rs. so i talk to them alot. so, i'd be about the same.

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

I used to be an addict to this game, but I've gotten bored of it. Right this moment, this game isn't affecting me in RL much, but a few years ago, it had a great impact on my life.

I would probably be very active (sports-wise) if I never started playing this game. I would be more socially active and be smarter than I already am.

I might also have gotten a part time job or somethin'. I have thoughts of getting one either this year or next year. Ah nid muneh 8-)

rook_2222.png

F2P for life :D

well lets take a look here

graduated from school

no job

no job in the foreseeable future

and starting school in the spring

without runescape i would be sitting around the house doing nothing all day long :D

nards482.png

I've already posted here, but I have more to add.

Until I was about 10, my family couldn't afford television. I was very fit, and active back then. After we got television, I just sat in front of it all day, watching show after show, and eventually I became overweight and far less active. Though eventually, I grew a bit and now am not overweight, but I still have some flab I'd like to get rid of and like to be in better shape.

With RuneScape, I also grew addicted to it at one point. I'd play it for long hours, and even dream about it. I decided to quit eventually, and only recently have gotten back into it. I now have a new goal, which is to play less than before and have more fun with it. Also, now I am more mature and take things in a more positive light, as well as trying to be helpful to people.

Although, if I hadn't done any of that, I can only imagine how much better-spent those hours could have been. Imagine if I had spent thousands of hours practicing guitar, or exercising, or studying. I can only regret what some things have done to me, and now I can do something to stop it.

Then of course, I also use RuneScape to socialize and stop boredom. If I've completed my priorities, I play RuneScape, talk to friends and have a good time. At least this time it's a far different relationship: no more endless grinding through the game, no more addiction, and a better attitude.

Edit: RuneScape has also improved my grammar a lot. When I started this game, I had little education (homeschooled, but missed two years due to my mother's double bypass heart surgery). I used the forums, and picked up the grammatical rules there, and slowly but surely my grammar and grasp of the English language greatly improved.

So, basically Earthysun is Jesus's only son.

earthysig3.jpg

earthynorris.jpg

awwwwuo6.jpg

wootsiggiedagainhw5.jpg

algftw.jpg

Well.... about the same place ::' . I'm a genius at school, (No, really, im all 90's except for in spelling) so thats no worry, and ALL my freinds live a bit to far to walk (like 7-8 km). So, i'd probably be doing the same things, minus RS. Not to metion I only really play it for the minigames :lol:

I don't think i'd be in a much different situation if i didn't play Rs as it's a time-filler, at night after work/when the weather is bad or when i've got nothing planned.

It didn't affect my grades when i was at school as my grades stayed pretty consistant all through high school (except senior year, but thats a different story ;)).

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction