Where would you be in life without Runescape?

Dean Ambrose

I started Runescape at the young age of 11. Back then, it stimulated my imagination and I was in love with it because it felt like a game with no limits. Fast forward seven years; I'm eighteen, in college and about to complete my AS degree, I have a wonderful girlfriend, a few close friends that I could trust with my life, I'm in great shape, and I've just begun recording my band's first album. I have a license, a truck, and now all I need is another job (been unemployed for a few months now :twss: ).

All in all, Runecape is what I do in my spare time when my friends are busy, or if I just don't feel like going out. If Runescape had never been invented, I'd probably be playing some other game, or I'd be bored more often. :XD:

I would like to add to my original post. I completely forgot that there is one aspect in which RS has changed my life.

Almost a year ago, I met a friend on Runescape who was in his early 30's. He was successful; degrees in two fields of science, and he worked as a recruiter for a company that hired scientists for other companies. After telling him that I was majoring in astrophysics, he informed me that people who have two degrees in the sciences make far more money and that companies will literally fight over you. He told me that having a degree in chemistry would be a perfect compliment to astrophysics, and that because physics is generally a competitive field of study, that extra degree would put me far ahead of the game.

Since then I've declared myself as a double major in astrophysics and chemistry, with a minor in mathematics. I plan on having a Ph. D and a masters, respectively.

That friend of mine basically set me up to go farther in life than I would have had I never met him. I still talk to him to this day, though he rarely logs on. I imagine he's quite busy what with being successful and all.

I'd say that that is pretty life changing, and in a positive way.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

having more "quality" time with my girlfriend <3:

and i wouldnt have replaced so many mice clickers :shock:

I demand that you spend as much quality time with your girlfriend as possible. My girlfriend just moved eight hours away, and I only see her once a month. You never know how important time is until it's not there anymore.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

having more "quality" time with my girlfriend <3:

and i wouldnt have replaced so many mice clickers :shock:

I demand that you spend as much quality time with your girlfriend as possible. My girlfriend just moved eight hours away, and I only see her once a month. You never know how important time is until it's not there anymore.

another good thing about rs my girlfriend moved half way across the country 3 months ago :( and we actually talk through rs whever shes bored and has nothing els to do. we still talk on msn but we both like rs because we can actually do things together than spend hours reading e mails

michel555555.png

[spoiler=click you know you wanna]
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

I'd be a freaking GENUIS!!!!! :twisted:

No really, I would probably have grades better than all A's and Probably play soccer more. I don't play too much more anyway, and my grades have already improved. I also Usually play when I have nothing else to do (my town sucks, kids are too far away to play with) and nothing good is on tv ( which I only watch around 3 hours a week anyway =P). As you can tell by my low stats, I don't play too often (i.e. my hunter has increased 1 level in the past 9 months, My summoning is stuck there since 2 months+ ago

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

well id probably have better grades.

I d have more time to work on other stuff

But i would be very bored

~~~legoman187~~~

nee0cg.png

Clicky siggy for blog

Thanks Pendonub for fancy new sig

Thieving guide[WIP]

Loyal player since May 2005 and member since November 2005 and Tifer for many years

~~~legoman187~~~

If i never played runescape i wouldnt be as patient as i am now. Also runescape/personal fiance both helped me learn to save and spend money on needs, like the new car i got in my driveway. Plus i was taking this one test in my algebra 2 class and that Chicken, Fox, and Grain puzzle was on it and i was the only one that knew it.

back when i first became a member i found that i was getting addicted to rs...

with my parents not allowing me to play, i was getting up at 1am (when they were asleep) to play and often playing till 5am, then having only 2-3 hours of sleep before i had to get up for school #-o

after my grades went down and i was called into guidance i realised that i would have to change and severely reduce my time spent on the game

even though i still play rs quite a bit, i am more able to control myself and get sleep ::'

and my grades are much better, im paying attention in class, and i am mostly top in my classes \'

i think runescape has been a defining factor in my life, and i dont regret ever playing it (except maybe late at night)

plat_silver.png

Quest Cape first achieved 11 April 2009

I might have more friends, I might have better grades, but I doubt it. Right now it is just something to do when I have nothing else to do. I'm pretty content with where I am in life, I have good friends, my grades are fine, and I'm in better shape than most people.

Under+Oath13.png

Under+Oath13.png

Accomplished 99 Firemaking on August 3rd, 2007

Accomplished 99 Fishing on June 14th, 2008

I would just be bored without Runescape. I have a lot of friends already and a couple of them even play Runescape as well.

My grades are really good right now and since I always put homework first RS hasn't really affected that.

The only thing that might be different is I would probably find some new hobby or fun game to play as I would have so much more spare time. I don't care for watching TV very much so without Runescape I'd have to find some TV show to watch. Everything is perfect for me right now. ::'

The thing is that Runescape has helped me more than harmed me. I've made even more friends that I can talk to online and a lot of the things you do in Runescape are beneficial in Real life. The goals you set, money you make and small bits of information you gain across RS (In English class I knew what Piety, Chivalry, and a Scimitar was because of RS) really help you in some way during real life.

All I can say is I have no regrets and am happy I still play Runescape.

Oh and for those who are saying you eyesight is better now that you play less thats kind of false. I have had glasses even before I played Runescape and during the time I've played RS my eyesight hasn't gotten any worse. It is better that you aren't staring at a screen 24/7 though.

Overall RS has been a pretty positive experience for me. You always hear teens on myspace or afterschool or whatever like "wow im so bored idk what to do" but I never really say that, because RuneScape has been a great thing to use free time. Also, for anyone who made vids of PKing or something, and got to be famous/well-known in RS, they know what I mean when I say its kind of a lucky experience to get to feel what its like being known by people you don't know, getting a little taste of celebrities IRL but at the same time being able to escape it all if you wish (not playing, or using a different account). So many people have dreams of being famous, and RuneScape is helpful to give many kids a little taste of that, with not neccesarily a lot of work involved. Additionally it can teach so many life lessons, but at the same time has the ability to guard you from other life lessons as if you were living under a rock, or perhaps, in a computer chair.

Very interesting posts made by you all. :o

The replies on this thread are commendable! It is good to see players that recognize affects that different choices make. Negative affects are good to see as it gives one a chance to make changes while positive are good to reflect on as well! <3:

Thanks for the great reflections everyone as this helps me to recognize what I need to fix as well. :thumbsup:

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I already have good grades and I play about 5 different sports for my high school sooo......

I'm not sure what would happen.

I would probably be better at the sports I play.

Edit-I would also probably do more homework.

Battlerifel.png

Battlerifel.png

My Blog: http://forum.tip.it/...el#entry3250508

My Forum entry: QFC - 48-49-627-63687284

What would I be?

Not much different. If I don't hang with my friends, I ahve nothing to do anyways if I don't have a sport's practice to attend or homework, so why do you just waste on TV or a computer?

Also, I have not lost any brain cells, or my eyes too...

22031_s.gif

eh I'd probably be where I am now at the moment I play very little runescape I just don't have the time. I'm in cross country running varsity and have a chance to go to state this year as a team :thumbsup: so that's kinda occupying my life lol

Achieved 99 Hunter June 19, 2008

Snipeguydie.png

Kicking my piece of crap car that won't start for the 5th goddamn time. Actually, I just finished doing that. :(

I don't know, really.

actually, you would be kicking for the 1000th time if it weren't for runescape :XD: :twss: . your car better worship runescape :twisted:

if I had never found out about runescape.... I would be playing WoW, although that didn't rune very well the year I played it while playing runescape :cry: in that one year, i got to level 38 or 39, but I was bearly playing, so my friend said that was pretty impressive, if i had played like I played runescape sometimes.... i would have maxxed out level 70 lol

seriously though, i think I still would have quit Wow one day or another,so without rs, i would be playing ssbm a lot more (its better the ssbb, just worse graphics, but mewtwo totally pwns all new brawl members cept sonic is just barely beaten,) my grades have never been affected by runescape, just my attention span :twss: I would probably me in better shape (although i am not in horrid shape :P just better lol) oh, and hanging out with my friends more, and as for social life, mine died as soon as I met 2 of the biggest [wagon] ever to exist. they acted tough and arrogant, but were wusses, especially the second one (who acted like he was a king). i vow now that if I ever meet them again and they piss me off, they are going home in a body cast :P

final verdict rs=good (cept for your eyes, life, body and just about everything in general lol)

Ss4goku264.png

ss4goku264.png

My school work is near the top of my list of priorities (You learn to value your education more when you're paying for it), and I like my friends a lot more than I like games. RuneScape is what I do in between, and I imagine if I wasn't playing this game I'd be playing another game.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

Since I quit RuneScape, I've made some changes. Im in the 2nd8 for rowing, which is the 2nd best crew out of around 15. My school work has improved a bit, but i couldn't really improve that anyway, so its not a major factor. My social life is forever expanding, so again no difference. And runescape never stopped me partying, so i guess nothing changed. I just dont spend time on this boring game. It's really just now have free time, that wouldnt really have been productively, with or without RuneScape.

I Quit. You should too.