Where would you be in life without Runescape?

Dean Ambrose

I would be posting my heart away on some forums. I just love forums, ever since my first forum, which was one our english teacher forced us to use. The arguments/statements/threads of my classmates were so dumb, it was so easy and fun to destroy them. Ever since, I've keep going. Atm, I post on 3 forums including this one, but it's not enough T_T Moar forums pl0x

2480+ total

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probably do alot better in my grades and have more social connections.

I would also probably be randomly jumping from game to another instead of sticking to Runescape for at least 4 years now.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Without RS I would be here:

I would have a girlfriend, and a better social life, I would pass all my tests on university with ease because i would actually study. Also I would be master in guitar and song, and I might have been one of the new popstars then. Also if I spend all those hours on rs on a job I would have had enough money to get a drivers license and a car. Also I would have been very sporty and sexy & hawt...

Thank god for runescape, now i can stay the lazy fat-[wagon] I like to be, nothing to worry about, but this little game that kind of smelted my brain! \'

Time for my sad story.

I lived in South Africa all my life and when i got the news in december 07 that i was moving to a different country and leaving all my friends behind i was kind of sad. I had Nothing to do because i had already finnished school(at the age of 16 going on 17). My life was really boring till i spoke to my cousin one day on MSN and he said i should give RS a go. I started playing and i loved it. I played about 8 hours everyday from sunday to thursday. Went out on weekend and met new people and even got a girlfriend. If it wasnt for Runescape i would probably be a druggie or a criminal by now. Even though 8hours a day of playing RS is really bad for my eyes( i have to wear glasses now :geek: ) it kept me out of trouble and it passes the week and brings me to the weekend even faster... YAY!

slaytanicc.png

|Tip.it's TOP F.o.G player|Current Goals: 95STR/95ATK/95RANGED|

slaytanicc.png

slaytanicc.png

If i hadn't found Runescape i probably would have had a worse life. I'm a social out-cast to begin with and live in a town of less than 300 people with no drivers license. Runescape has probably kept me from going outside and doing stuff i shouldn't be doing :shame: I know at the minimum it has filled the large amounts of lonely bored time i have.

cool_sig1.jpg

I will say it simple - life would be better. -.-

And yet I can't stop being an addict to a bastard computer game. Ahh well, such is life, and the weak human brain. Can't let go of things you (think) you enjoy, even though they are bad for you in general. =D>

Least I'm not alone in this pile of garbage. \'

dontfearthereaper2.png

I quit Runescape for about a year and grades remained the same, same with my social life. I was a lot more bored and just played video game consoles a lot more. Runescape has been beneficial in a lot of way, it actually improved my grammar (shock, I know) and I learned to type a lot faster. Plus some of my rl friends used to play Runescape and got to be better friends with them through the game.

LOL.jpg

If i hadn't found Runescape i probably would have had a worse life. I'm a social out-cast to begin with and live in a town of less than 300 people with no drivers license. Runescape has probably kept me from going outside and doing stuff i shouldn't be doing :shame: I know at the minimum it has filled the large amounts of lonely bored time i have.

Try doing some "stuff you shouldn't be doing"-that's called living

For me Runescape has become such a part of my life that the only reason I still want to play is out of habbit. Without Runescape, my life would have been much better. After only 2 months off the game I've bettered myself in a myriad of ways and can't possibly see myself returning full time to Rs, ever. I think people (myself previously included) are just afraid to take risks...what's easier, clicking on a pixelated rock over and over again or asking out a girl? "Training" agility or going to the gym? The reason people are so dependant on Rs is that it's the easy way out-and to all you people saying Rs has bettered you, who are you fooling?

~Lipps

I meant stuff like drinking and drugs. Runescape kept me off that path for a few years lol

cool_sig1.jpg

I meant stuff like drinking and drugs. Runescape kept me off that path for a few years lol

Drinking and drugs are fine in moderation (and when I say drugs I'm really just referring to pot) and in many ways healthier than playing Runescape. I'm not saying you should go out and get drunk or smoke pot every night, but when you look back on your life you'll remember the times you were out with friends and having fun, not that time you got a hilt drop.

Drinking and drugs are fine in moderation (and when I say drugs I'm really just referring to pot) and in many ways healthier than playing Runescape. I'm not saying you should go out and get drunk or smoke pot every night, but when you look back on your life you'll remember the times you were out with friends and having fun, not that time you got a hilt drop.

I completely agree with xlippsx, but hey, that's just our point of view.

[hide=""]

[/hide]

Hmm, smoking for 30 minutes instead of playing RuneScape for 30 minutes...yeah, sure is MUCH more healthier than RuneScape. You play the moderation card, so do I. Stop assuming everyone's gonna be the 40-year-old-virgin.

Ironically though, since everyone's saying their grades will be better, mine got worse...Having As and Bs with RuneScape, then dropping to Bs and Cs, not doing much of my homework when I don't play RuneScape much...Guess fishing was a better-homework do'er than playing a FPS or raiding in WoW. :lol:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

[hide=""]

[/hide]

Hmm, smoking for 30 minutes instead of playing RuneScape for 30 minutes...yeah, sure is MUCH more healthier than RuneScape. You play the moderation card, so do I. Stop assuming everyone's gonna be the 40-year-old-virgin.

Ironically though, since everyone's saying their grades will be better, mine got worse...Having As and Bs with RuneScape, then dropping to Bs and Cs, not doing much of my homework when I don't play RuneScape much...Guess fishing was a better-homework do'er than playing a FPS or raiding in WoW. :lol:

My personal opinion is that smoking pot on occasion with friends (no more than 2-3 times a week) is much healthier and a much better use of your time than playing Runescape for 30minutes a day.

[hide=]

[/hide]

Fair enough, it just kept me from getting hooked at a younger age when i had no friends, but now i party it up with friends. lol

cool_sig1.jpg

[hide=]

[/hide]

Fair enough, it just kept me from getting hooked at a younger age when i had no friends, but now i party it up with friends. lol

Good to know =D>

The realization that I needed to quit occured the day I got back from summer vacation. I'm currently a senior in highschool and have always been somewhat popular, maintaining a 3.7 GPA and a solid group of friends. I started drinking as a sophmore and smoking as a junior, but that first day back from summer break, my friends and I went to a party and afterwards (about 2 a.m.) I sat in my room getting ready to log onto Rs and thought to myself, why do I do this? None of my friends play runescape or any video games for that matter and all Rs did was hold me back. I strongly advise anyone reading this to really contemplate why they play, and to take my advice and just quit. I'm just upset I can't get back those countless hours I wasted on this game and turn them into something, anything else.

Good to know =D>

The realization that I needed to quit occured the day I got back from summer vacation. I'm currently a senior in highschool and have always been somewhat popular, maintaining a 3.7 GPA and a solid group of friends. I started drinking as a sophmore and smoking as a junior, but that first day back from summer break, my friends and I went to a party and afterwards (about 2 a.m.) I sat in my room getting ready to log onto Rs and thought to myself, why do I do this? None of my friends play runescape or any video games for that matter and all Rs did was hold me back. I strongly advise anyone reading this to really contemplate why they play, and to take my advice and just quit. I'm just upset I can't get back those countless hours I wasted on this game and turn them into something, anything else.

tbh anyone that blames rs for a bad social life/grades is stupid, if they put a game before real life :?

it is possible to have a good social life and play rs regularly, in moderation.

seeing as I can already juggle work, family, friends and rs and still have happy and balanced life, i don't see why i should quit, or anyone else for that matter

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

Good to know =D>

tbh anyone that blames rs for a bad social life/grades is stupid, if they put a game before real life :?

seeing as I can already juggle work, family, friends and rs and still have happy and balanced life, i don't see why i should quit, or anyone else for that matter

I don't think anyone puts Rs before real life on purpose, it's just that a lot of people can't help it. I (as well as many others) find myself easily addicted to things and with something like Runescape, it can be very hard to keep it in check. However, those who put it before real life because they've classified themselves as "nerds" and have given up hope on a social life are just wrong. Hit the gym, try new things, take a few risks.

Why should you quit? Because literally anything is a better use of your spare time than sitting in front of a computer day in and day out.

Good to know =D>

I don't think anyone puts Rs before real life on purpose, it's just that a lot of people can't help it. I (as well as many others) find myself easily addicted to things and with something like Runescape, it can be very hard to keep it in check. However, those who put it before real life because they've classified themselves as "nerds" and have given up hope on a social life are just wrong. Hit the gym, try new things, take a few risks.

Why should you quit? Because literally anything is a better use of your spare time than sitting in front of a computer day in and day out.

tbh what i don't get is...you can sit in front of tv for 3-4 hours and it commonly accepted, but 3-4 hours of rs and your wasting your time, either way it a hobby for most people so does it matter if your watching tv, playing rs or something else, cause not every person lives in area where they can go party with mates every night, or need to study

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

I really have no idea, probably doing something else that makes my parents pissed at me. I mean my grades would be the same, still adapting to a new school and I've never played on the week. Socially I don't know, school is where I get most of my interaction since I live so far away from the kids at school.

But I mean is there a reason we still play Runescape? My reason is friends and I really have nothing better to do. But most of the kids at school think this game is crap and such, I mean being a Freshmen and playing Runescape might seem to geeky to me. But who am I kidding I just need to do something with my life instead of playing video games. Maybe designing them would be a calling :ugeek:

Oh, and for the people that have quit, how do you do that without going Cold Turkey and not making it overwhelm your thoughts?

Well, if it weren't for RuneScape, I'd probably be wearing a paper hat.

Right now, I'm in college to become a Computer Scientist. Back when I was still in high school, I could have cared less about where I was going to go in life. But, that's when I picked up an interest in programming, and one day I would like to be on the level of (or above) Jagex, in terms of game/Java programming.

As far as quitting cold turkey goes, I don't think it's possible. I haven't logged in since late August, but that's because I've got so much homework to deal with. Maybe the others here have found another distraction...

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Without RS I would be here:

I would have a girlfriend, and a better social life, I would pass all my tests on university with ease because i would actually study. Also I would be master in guitar and song, and I might have been one of the new popstars then. Also if I spend all those hours on rs on a job I would have had enough money to get a drivers license and a car. Also I would have been very sporty and sexy & hawt...

Thank god for runescape, now i can stay the lazy fat-[wagon] I like to be, nothing to worry about, but this little game that kind of smelted my brain! \'

you're kinda f-d once you get all f2p skills to 99 if you don't get members :?