Where would you be in life without Runescape?

Dean Ambrose

Like others said, I would be playing another game

CS: S

TDU

DFBHD

Garrys Mod

Battlefield 2

UT 04

WoW

(ya and the list goes on...)

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only real difference I can think of is that I would get more sleep. RS consumes no social time on weekdays because most of my friends don't live anywhere near me (I only see them at school and on weekends). I would do less homework on off blocks at school and probably would have found other ways to occupy myself with a computer seeing as my usage is constant whether I play RS or not. My weight is low if anything, and my eyesight is better than perfect (20/20+) as tested about 2 weeks ago. Now, I had 20/40 vision about 6 years ago, but that was never going to last anyways, and if parents are anything to go by I will need glases in another 10-20 years.

RuneScape has also done wonders for my typing. 6 years ago I could do that thing where you use 2 fingers and put in a letter every second. Now I can touch type in pitch black (with a few mistakes and its not very fast), and near touch type with pretty decent speed. RuneScape is a part of me (a good part thankfuly), and I don't know who I would be without it but I am sure that I would be atleast a slightly different person.

Well im 31 and have a girlfriend, i live with her. If i dident have runescape i would be about 10k IRL poorer. You don't spend cash when you are playing runescape. Also, at my age there isn't much to do anyway, all my frineds are married with kids.

To all you youngsters reading this, if you are under 25 STOP PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. Life is to short and you are only that young once. Trust me when i say this, take advantage of the girls now. Once they are 25+ and have been around a few times they arnt dumb anymore, the fun is all over.

Fools_Taco.png

I'd be where I am right now, seeing as I don't play Runescape anymore.

This is a controversial topic? :|

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Hmm, I would definetely be in better shape and I'd probably have more of a social life (not that I don't have one at all), I'd also probably have better eyesight too.

Basically the same. Id probably have a job also

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

If I had not played RuneScape, I would not have joined Tip.It, would be doing extremely well in school, and would be playing another game.

Off Topic: Shouldn't this be in Questionnaires?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

If I had not played RuneScape, I would not have joined Tip.It, would be doing extremely well in school, and would be playing another game.

Off Topic: Shouldn't this be in Questionnaires?

Ihad requested this not be moved there. This more than just a question: it's people's lives.

I might have gotten high A's in classes where I got borderline A's, but I always choose social events and such over runescape when presented with a choice so I don't think it's greatly impacted me there.

Technically it's just "a time filler," but we all know that all fun time fillers tend to become more than that, especially when the alternative is something you don't want to do, like homework lol.

I would be near where I am today, on the football team, in good shape, and have a good social status....the only bit that would be different though is grades, maybe a bit better without rs, haha, never do homework.

(texting while playing ftw, lol)

80aa0daff6.png

Nate's Big Blog

4,000th to 99 crafting, 33,340th to 99 defence, 3,867th to 99 farming, 55,293rd to 99 hitpoints

ITT: Overinflated bluffs and "controversial" and intense discussion

But really, this thread? :-s

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I'd probably be about the same but not have met some awesome people here in tip.it

I might have a little higher GPA but rs never gets in the way of my social life so in that way i'd be the same.

I started Runescape at the young age of 11. Back then, it stimulated my imagination and I was in love with it because it felt like a game with no limits. Fast forward seven years; I'm eighteen, in college and about to complete my AS degree, I have a wonderful girlfriend, a few close friends that I could trust with my life, I'm in great shape, and I've just begun recording my band's first album. I have a license, a truck, and now all I need is another job (been unemployed for a few months now :twss: ).

All in all, Runecape is what I do in my spare time when my friends are busy, or if I just don't feel like going out. If Runescape had never been invented, I'd probably be playing some other game, or I'd be bored more often. :XD:

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

I'm going to pretend this question was without online gaming, as I have spent only half my time on RuneScape.

Without online gaming I would have:

Good school grades

Good job

Good life

More prospects

But because online gaming is so addicting, I have none of these -.-

RuneScape

Unreal Tournament

The two main life killers for me.

SonicSilver.png

well seeing as i already have a good social life, good working life and seem always busy with mates/family/gf...probably if i didn't find out about rs, watch more tv or xbox live in my spare time :lol:

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

i''d be playing another mmo, i had been playing other mmo's a long time before i rediscovered runescape. WoW silkroad ultima and such.

my schoolwork and social life doesn't be affected by it much, and some of my RL friends play it too, so we talk about it sometimes.

rida81.png

Rida81.png

became quest point master on: 21 dec 2007 2:43 pm