Where would you be in life without Runescape?

Dean Ambrose

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all be on other video-games duh... it's not like runescape it's addicting, it's that YOU are addicted to videogames, don't blame runescape

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

If I had not played RuneScape, I would not have joined Tip.It, would be doing extremely well in school, and would be playing another game.

Off Topic: Shouldn't this be in Questionnaires?

Ihad requested this not be moved there. This more than just a question: it's people's lives.

No.... it's a question, in fact it's a "What if" kind of question, that we get like.... all the time.

And since this is my second post I answer the title:

I wouldn't had learned english as good as now (didn't know any) and I wouldn't realized money is important everywhere that lead me to study economy

13Ra3.png

Veteran Cape Owner (10 year)

Sometimes i wish i could go back in time and see how it would have been if i never found out about runescape.

I would probably be playing Nintendo Wii all the time instead of Runescape soo nothing much would have changed. :lol:

Tbh, nothing different. I'd play some other game most probably, but it doesn't really make any difference. I do all my homework, chill out with friends, try my best in school and am relatively fit. I just play the game to have fun and talk to different people.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Lets see: I like 15.5 miles from town and I can't drive yet. I'd most likely be watching TV or maybe doing some yard work. Without out many friends that live anywhere near me my social life is well at School,after school activities, and when I get a ride in town.

o god 15 miles i know how you feel. my nearest mall is 30 miles

i would just watch tv or swim in my pool, to bad it is getting really cold now

big_mac911.png

big_mac911.png

Probably just playing other games that I'd probably just be spending more and more money on lol. :roll:

I don't turn down doing anything just because I want to play RS, so it would just be a matter of how I use my spare time (time when I'm not socializing/working/eating/sleeping and don't really want to go out.) I wouldn't spend it studying that's for sure, so yeah, I'd either be playing a different game or perhaps spending more time talking to my family. :?

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I didnt play RS as much as my character level indicates, the only time i played without a social life was when i broke my leg playing football and it was winter and i couldnt go to school on crutches so i just grinded my hunter level to 99 and got to 80 agility.After that i think id just got completely burned out with the game only coming on for TET and when i started to get back into it i had to quit because of an accident in the family.

And i think TIF was a bigger addiction, i still troll (to pick a better term) these boards nearly half a year after i quit.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Being the always picked on kid for a year,because everyone played at the time (2006)

id also be playing more little-kiddires games

also i never had a gameconsule,as my parents dont want it -.-

(still im pissed off because im like the only one who does not have a console)

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

I don't think it's affected my life that much, if anything it's taught me perseverance, mental math practise and economic knowledge.

If I didn't play RuneScape, I'd have found another game to occupy my time.

spacescenev24.jpg

Probably just playing other games that I'd probably just be spending more and more money on lol. :roll:

I don't turn down doing anything just because I want to play RS, so it would just be a matter of how I use my spare time (time when I'm not socializing/working/eating/sleeping and don't really want to go out.) I wouldn't spend it studying that's for sure, so yeah, I'd either be playing a different game or perhaps spending more time talking to my family. :?

Exactly how I feel. RuneScape is simply something I do in my free time, it doesn't rule my life. A lot of people say that they would get better grades, have a better job etc, but I always put studying before a game, and I bet you if they didn't play RS they wouldn't study instead of it.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Grades would probably be around the same (about a 3.9), as I'm too lazy to put in more effort. I'd probably play more poker, but it's not as if Runescape has controlled my doings in real life.

I'd probably get higher marks and be a bit more social. But I honestly don't know if that really is more fun than playing rs. All in all, I'm quite happy with my life as it is, and I don't plan on stopping runescape.

2dvjurb.png

If I didn't have Runescape to play, I would just continue with more focus on all my other hobbies like airsoft, composing, writing and dealing with electronics, physics and so on. It wouldn't matter to me as Runescape is just another of the many things I like to spend my free time on.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

I haven't been on RS much lately but if I never started I would be in better shape for sure, and my grades of one certain year would be better, the rest of my grades throughout my past are great though. Irl I started volunteering at my local hockey club and helping out there because in runescape someone told me to help out people more, so I spent some money on construction and I let people use my guilded alter, so that led me to help out irl too. ::'

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

Probably better at guitar than Jimmy Hendrix... I still play 1-2 hours a day on my electric guitar, and 1-3 hours on piano...

I would probably play more football....

I would be addicted to facebook...

With all that, I don't think I could get better grades in school cause I already get mostly A's with some A+'s and a few B's...

But yea, I'd be better at everything I guess.... ::'

Greene8535.png

I know where I've been since I stopped playing Runescape.

Not at the damn computer most of the time. Here's a tip for people who are addicted to this game, find something else you can do that involves human interaction, limit your time on here, don't quit it entirely if you still like it. If you stop playing entirely and you want to play, it will still control your thoughts.

good words. all ive been doing is merchanting a bit when i feel the urge to play. made about 30m profit already.

I would fill that space with more book-reading or a bit more housekeeping I guess.

I really have no problem with the amount of RS I play. I average about 30 minutes a day and play probably 5 days a week. My brother introduced me to RS when I was so sick for months that I really couldn't do much, even reading was hard to concentrate on. Back then I would play just about anytime I felt well enough to be out of bed. Now that I am doing better I have cut back tremendously and fill my days with other things too.

I really don't have an addictive personality. Those who do should try to recognize this in themselves and find other things to do. Easier said than done, I realize, especially if there isn't much to do around where you live. I'm a lot older than most players so the things I can suggest to do may not be of interest to all of you, but try a new hobby maybe?

Or yeah, if your school work is lacking, definitely work on that :P .

-Rayn.

signaturebep0.jpg